Rueben SR_US
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 1991

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

Judgment of the Just is a Protection talent, unless i am mistaken i don't see how this benefits Holy...

My bad, I confused it with judgements of the pure. I wonder what they mean by "ranks reduced" on imp hammer of justice. I don't think ret needs another nerf just yet.

#22 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:40 AM

probably going to make imp hoj an 1 point talent reducing cd by 15 seconds or something retarded like that cuz u know a dispellable stun on a 30 second cd to a class that has next to no cc or means to interrupt casters is too good to be true

excuse my bitchy mood
Hi!

#23 Rueben SR_US

Rueben SR_US
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:42 AM

probably going to make imp hoj an 1 point talent reducing cd by 15 seconds or something retarded like that cuz u know a dispellable stun on a 30 second cd to a class that has next to no cc or means to interrupt casters is too good to be true

excuse my bitchy mood

Oh I don't mind your mood, I feel it. That's gonna HURT ret. Alot. I hope they know what they're doing, ret's representation is kind of low at the moment despite popular belief.

#24 LessQQmorepwpew

LessQQmorepwpew

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:47 AM

Here's your divine plea nerf.

"Since paladins rely less on Spirit as a mana-regeneration stat, we have to address them in other ways. We don’t want to change Illumination or Replenishment. However, we are going to increase the healing penalty on Divine Plea from 20% to 50%. Divine Plea was originally intended to help Protection and Retribution paladins stay full on mana. It should be a decision for Holy paladins, not something that is automatically used every cooldown."

I'm a bit scared that this almost removes viability of the spell in pvp, what do you guys think?

(source-http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/14910422908-upcoming-changes-to-mana-regeneration.html)

#25 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:48 AM

I'm a bit scared that this almost removes viability of the spell in pvp, what do you guys think?

wat, no it's just going to make it as they stated, an ability that you can't just use on cooldown with basically no repercussions.
Posted Image

#26 Rueben SR_US

Rueben SR_US
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

Here's your divine plea nerf.

"Since paladins rely less on Spirit as a mana-regeneration stat, we have to address them in other ways. We don’t want to change Illumination or Replenishment. However, we are going to increase the healing penalty on Divine Plea from 20% to 50%. Divine Plea was originally intended to help Protection and Retribution paladins stay full on mana. It should be a decision for Holy paladins, not something that is automatically used every cooldown."

(source-http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/14910422908-upcoming-changes-to-mana-regeneration.html)

You could make a macro to cancel it, and can it right before a HL light is cast. Or you could coordinate a CC and use it. I doubt it'll hurt holy that much, because the original functionality is still intact.

#27 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

My opinion they should've just changed DP to be a high % of base instead of low % of total mana - that'd make it more 'viable' for ret/prot as they 'intended' it to be, and less OP for int-stacking holy paladins (especially pve ones)

If it turns out to make it too weak for Holy Palas, can always add a talent deep in Holy to buff it a little, or give it some weak scaling with spellpower or whatever, plenty of things to do.
Hi!

#28 Rueben SR_US

Rueben SR_US
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:54 AM

My opinion they should've just changed DP to be a high % of base instead of low % of total mana - that'd make it more 'viable' for ret/prot as they 'intended' it to be, and less OP for int-stacking holy paladins (especially pve ones)

If it turns out to make it too weak for Holy Palas, can always add a talent deep in Holy to buff it a little, or give it some weak scaling with spellpower or whatever, plenty of things to do.

Exactly. IMO, the best holy paladins will be completely unaffected by this nerf. It's one of those nerfs that can be completely worked around with skill.

#29 LessQQmorepwpew

LessQQmorepwpew

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

Exactly. IMO, the best holy paladins will be completely unaffected by this nerf. It's one of those nerfs that can be completely worked around with skill.

True! I am really looking forward to exorcism though, everyone just pray that they don't change that glyph.

#30 Adyah

Adyah
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

I'm gladly going to trade a nerfed divine plea for more burst + an interrupt from exorcism. Maybe purifying power might be worthwhile, depending on what they do to talents in Holy and other trees, to get a bit more burst. Gearing for a bit more mp5/crit might be warranted after the DP nerf to remove alot of the reliance on it.

Prot pally PvP builds will be really really rare, but probably viable with proper gearing/glyphs/spec. From what they posted, it sounds like they're going to reduce the talent costs of some talents, like imp HoJ, maybe to a 15s per point 2 point talent and prot will be able to get 10s HoJ if they spec for it.

#31 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

excuse my bitchy mood

Exorcism will be a ranged interrupt.

I'm pumped as fuck about these changes.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#32 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

An interrupt assuming they don't change the glyph.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#33 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but was that Glyph originally intended to help Prot Paladins with pulls or was it just not used by anyone?
Mwiff- Blood Elf Mage (Retired)
Mwiffy- Undead Mage (Main)

#34 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

Wasn't used by anyone really.
Posted Image

#35 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

From a paladin's opinion, what do you think the odds of this Glyph being changed are, what with Prot Pallies having a silence attatched to their Avenger's Shield?

#36 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

Dunno, who cares really, I'm happy with the state of paladins currently, and I'll be happy with them as they will be if the plea nerf goes live. I don't see a reason to give us an interrupt on exorcism (from a holy standpoint), unless it's taken off the global.
Posted Image

#37 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Dunno, who cares really, I'm happy with the state of paladins currently, and I'll be happy with them as they will be if the plea nerf goes live. I don't see a reason to give us an interrupt on exorcism (from a holy standpoint), unless it's taken off the global.

Yar, I was just thinking that I might punch a baby if I had another interrupt to worry about, especially from ranged. Of course, I suppose it'd be the same thing for your Holy Pallies eh?

#38 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

It's not like you'd have "to worry about it," since it's basically earth shock, except for it has 3x the cooldown.
Posted Image

#39 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

I would be surprised either way (in regards to whether or not the glyph is changed), but even if it is changed, the exorcism change is still excellent.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#40 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

It's not like you'd have "to worry about it," since it's basically earth shock, except for it has 3x the cooldown.

I was thinking more along the lines of peeling a melee off my priest so she could have enough time to heal, only to have it interrupted by the paladin.

So what is the coefficient on Exorcism like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<