#1 justin_12

justin_12
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

First let me give a quick background on where I am standing in current Arenas. I used to be a raider, but then I decided that took up too much of my time as I am a college student with a part time job. I decided to swap over to arenas so I rerolled my human mage to a Draenei mage not only for a better selection of racial abilities, but because I wanted a draenei mage as well :)

I started at 70 partway through season 2 so my gear is not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but I make it work, as you can see by the ratings. I am main CC in my 4dps team and I am just stacked resilience and stam at the moment. My spell damage is terribly weak, but I am working on getting that raised.

Right now I decided to put Glowing Nightseyes in all my red and blue sockets, and for my yellows, Mystic dawnstones. This inherently puts my resilience rating higher than it needs to be. My question is, what do you guys do for gems and do you go for socketed bonuses? I want to swap my Mystic dawnstones over to the green gems coming out soon which are 4 res rating and 6 stamina, but I'm not sure if I should just scrap that idea and maybe socket a few gems for offensive power instead.

I may be main CC, but I have an assist macro and my sheep/cs targets are always on focus. I use my assist macro all the time and help with the dps.

Thoughts?

#2 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

Generally my rule of socketing is this:
If the set bonus is bad (+crit or +int), +12 stam gems.
If the set bonus is good:
Red -> +12 Dmg Epic PvP gem and Glowing Nightseye (+5 Dmg + 6Sstam).
Yellow -> +8 Resil,  +10 Resil Halaa gem
Blue - > +12 Stam gems.

I also while be swapping to the 4 Res 6 Stam gems when I can, but in the short term, the + resil gems are really the only ones worth worrying about.

I know some people will do +9 damage gems where I did +12 stam gems if the set bonus doesn't matter, but it depends on what brackets you focus in and what your damage is. Mine is sitting at 850ish damage and I keep my hp over 10k unbuffed because I run 2x dps in 2v2 and druid/rogue in 3v3(I like to buy as much time as possible for the druid before he needs to come out).

Hope that helps.

#3 justin_12

justin_12
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

Awesome, thanks for the advice  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users