#181 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

I haven't played it on my paladin yet, but I have no HP so I don't know how much better it'll be XD

Like 10-15 unmitigated hits from rune weapon will kill me. Its only annoying if the paladin decides to DPS or something.

I think the best part about blood is that at least you can do something about the damage.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

I am fully convinced that you successful pally/warrior teams are playing on battlegroups that don't have mages, hunters, or rogues, or get really lucky with queues.

Every time I play arena I fucking hate the game by the time I'm done playing.

(didn't read the whole thread)

the rogue/mages on nightfall are pretty bad

#183 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

the rogue/mages on nightfall are pretty bad

Its pretty much like:

Arcane = bad, you can win

Frost = likely mediocre to good, you're fucked

#184 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

lol we kept hitting this arcane mage/rogue where their whole strat was to pop mirror images, invis and then run at my hunter and pom pyro him from the start then ambush him for a kill. It was so hilariously bad.

#185 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

lol we kept hitting this arcane mage/rogue where their whole strat was to pop mirror images, invis and then run at my hunter and pom pyro him from the start then ambush him for a kill. It was so hilariously bad.

The funny part is this could actually work. :(

#186 izrafel

izrafel
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hunter/Pally ...how on earth do u beat these ran into a wall of them at 2k -2.1k
hell Hunter/healer really
train healer to avoid lnl procs?
HoSac with some perfect timing to break trap/wyvern?
seriously nfi hunters r ridic right now

#187 Gankenoob

Gankenoob
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

We beat Blood DK/Pala pretty easily (cept for when I don't bubble, lolol), but Toezqt and Jones are above the skill curve. They pretty much just wait for you to make a mistake and take full advantage of it and if you don't they'll just wear you down with constant switches and chains spam.

Edit: But yeah dodge good mage/rogue, Ret/healer and really good warlock/druid teams.
25V, 4th Psychological Operations Group Airborne

#188 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:01 AM

hunter/hpally isn't too hard, we've had our success from just sitting on the hunter and using freedom when they put it on the hunter. If the pet is a crab just swap to it with a rage bar during cc on the hpally, you'll easily outmana them. If the pet is any other type, just sit out of los of the hunter and constantly judge+white swing it for mana when not healing.
Posted Image

#189 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

no good hunter will put pet on you :<

#190 izrafel

izrafel
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

hunter/hpally isn't too hard, we've had our success from just sitting on the hunter and using freedom when they put it on the hunter. If the pet is a crab just swap to it with a rage bar during cc on the hpally, you'll easily outmana them. If the pet is any other type, just sit out of los of the hunter and constantly judge+white swing it for mana when not healing.

im more concerned about my warrior dying most of the time though, hunter lnl procs and i eat a cc while trinket/bubble/sac are down and my warrior is toast.
my guess is you can somehow output alot of pressure from the start via warrior blowing cds and repent/hoj on their pally?

#191 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

go D with intervines if needed whenver wyvern is up etc

#192 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

exactly as netherss said, intervene and around the pillar, pop block+reflect, wall if really needed.
Posted Image

#193 memuless

memuless
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

With most hunter/healer and lock/healer teams, the map makes a huge difference on how we have to handle them. A hunter on blades edge is immensly annoying especially when their paladin can stand in a corner doing nothing most of the match. Although its tough, we dont generally lose to hunter/anything, and only really have problems with rogues if they are with a mage. with a lock, blades edge and the sewers give us the most trouble as far as the lock teleporting+summoning a new pet.

ps. i run with repent spec for 2s/3s, 51/5/15 was for 5s

#194 Bubblebáth

Bubblebáth

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

We don't tend to have too many problems with hunter/healer either tbh, we seem to only have problems with rogue teams. It seems that my warrior has to go defensive so easily, as I can't keep him up with Wound, whilst staying away from a Priest for example; as this limits me from casting heals. If we do go for the co-ordinated CC, the rogue can just dodge my warrior in so many ways. If at some point in the game I have to stand and heal; I eat PI Mana Burns, with something like a 1.1second cast, which is just outrageous.

We can beat -some- Rogue/Healer, but it seems that if they know what they're doing, there's not much we can do =/

My warrior is in awesome gear, My gear too is fine, and of course we generally win if the Rogue sticks on me, but if they sit on my warrior, the difficulty is made so much harder. SO gimped.

Any help would be appreciated; even if it's just pointers, I've been whoring these forums looking for posts that can help us out, but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<