• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

anyone tried reptence spec? I mean you are not losing THAT much of talents and gaining CC and JoTW
warr is on vacation and was thinking to try it out when he is back. Bad idea?

#2 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:01 AM

I don't personally feel that the extra CC is hugely needed. I love my JotP and 40y judgements as well, so I'd be iffy about giving those up.
Posted Image

#3 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:05 AM

meh, i have mana problems vs feral/healer and rogue/priest teams so thats why i asked :S but guess ill stay with 49/0/22

#4 bk

bk
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:11 AM

hey kadricks how do you beat frost mage / rogue (the arcane ones are usually retards that i (the warrior) just plow

also surv hunter / healer how to do this?

#5 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:26 AM

hey kadricks how do you beat frost mage / rogue (the arcane ones are usually retards that i (the warrior) just plow

also surv hunter / healer how to do this?

We actually have only fought like 1 fmage/rogue recently, and they got smashed. Arcane we just sit on the rogue and try and rape him, if I get hit by a poly/sap early and don't want to trinket my warrior just shield walls and sits on the rogue. After that we just try and zerg the rogue and cleanse spam the warrior to catch novas etc.
Posted Image

#6 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

meh, i have mana problems vs feral/healer and rogue/priest teams so thats why i asked :S but guess ill stay with 49/0/22

What is the harm in trying?

So many people give up at the theorycraft stage.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#7 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

I went 37/0/34 tonight with my dk and mana is a joke. the first game i played i didnt even remember to judge enough to keep up replenishment and i still had a ridiculous mana advantage over the other paladin without even using dp. plus against any healer/dps combo you can force a trinket on the healer with repentance into hoj, then get a kill on his partner a minute later with repentance hoj strangulate. only thing that takes a little getting used to is not having 40 yard judgements, but we got org arena like every game so it wasn't a big deal.

i imagine it would work just as well with a warrior since you have an ae fear to force a trinket, then repentance/hoj the healer while your warrior pops reck with freedom and destroys the dps.
._.

#8 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

Yeah its good, i was playing that spec with a survival hunter. I liked it, but honestly liked longer judgements a lot better. I almost wouldn't spec jotw in ret and spend more points in holy because with such a short judgement range its hard to ever judge.

#9 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

I can see 37/0/34 being useful for some of our games. One of the biggest problems I've seen lately is rogue/healer teams who sit on me 100% and make it a mana war we inevitably lose, which 37/0/34 would fix. I imagine it would create problems of it's own, though, such as rogues realizing they can rape your paladin.

#10 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

Rogues don't really do more or less damage as the super hybrid build compared to a more standard 49/0/22 build to be honest. There are no real missing talents that would make much of a difference. I'd say it comes down to:

Pros of 37/0/34:
-repentence
-eye for an eye is semi useful
-full crit talents with vindication

Cons of 37/0/34:
-lower judgement range
-slower casts compared to a JotP build
-lower judgement damage (though minor)
-divine illumination
-less healing stats due to no/very few points into holy guidance.

Its really comp based, but it definitely has its place and is very good. It also is really nice having two different CCs that you can use in conjunction with your partner.

#11 Slaughterz

Slaughterz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

We actually have only fought like 1 fmage/rogue recently, and they got smashed. Arcane we just sit on the rogue and try and rape him, if I get hit by a poly/sap early and don't want to trinket my warrior just shield walls and sits on the rogue. After that we just try and zerg the rogue and cleanse spam the warrior to catch novas etc.

Your warrior would have died, had you fought me. Unless your warrior is dumb enough to trink Cheap shot he would have died. cant use Shield wall while dismantled.

#12 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

That's what I mean, if he's able to trinket a cheap/kidney and wall, then I'll sit in the CC. If he is dismantled and can't wall, I'll trinket and have to heal.

I don't see how you can say "Dumb enough to trinket cheap shot," since I can bop him out of blind, and he's going to die if he doesn't get a wall off when the mage/rogue is hard bursting.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Your warrior would have died, had you fought me. Unless your warrior is dumb enough to trink Cheap shot he would have died. cant use Shield wall while dismantled.

Actually dismantle doesn't do that much. Use a repentence on the Rogue when dismantled or Challenging shout, and do a Demo shout. T-Clap if he breaks repentence or after a challenging shout, then shield wall back up heal back up.

Debuff him up while waiting on the 5 seconds and stun with the fear.

#14 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

It's not the damage from the rogue that is a problem when my warrior is dismantled, it's the fact that he can't shield wall/shield block, and he'll get raped.
Posted Image

#15 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Well ya, if they time it right, which I can imagine most Mage/Rogues can at this point in the higher brackets can do, the warrior is pretty much screwed.

Just saying there is some stuff you can do when dismantled to try to negate some of the incoming damage, not THAT much you can do, but you can try to fear to get a couple more seconds in to get a cruical heal or something.

#16 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

I can see 37/0/34 being useful for some of our games. One of the biggest problems I've seen lately is rogue/healer teams who sit on me 100% and make it a mana war we inevitably lose, which 37/0/34 would fix. I imagine it would create problems of it's own, though, such as rogues realizing they can rape your paladin.

you are not losing survivability. I mean , will it make my life easier with that spec vs rogue/priest as my BG is swarming with them, and also vs feral/healer as they are an auto loss now if they have half a brain >.>

#17 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

yeah you lose no survivability since 200 sp is barely anything and jotp is worthless when a rogue is on you anyways

in fact eye for an eye + imp ret aura + guaranteed vindication makes swapping to the rogue easy since he's down to half hp after sitting on you for 20 seconds, and once his trinket is gone you have 2 different 1 minute cd's you can use to peel him whenever you need to, as well as get help from your partner
._.

#18 bk

bk
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:30 AM

It's not the damage from the rogue that is a problem when my warrior is dismantled, it's the fact that he can't shield wall/shield block, and he'll get raped.

every mage rogue weve fought (well almost) goes for the paladin, while novas etc on me, coupled with 10sec + mi sheep chains im screwed, pala has to bubble off the bat immediately, if was arms could see this happening but w/e.

what do you do vs explosive shot teams? also any chance your or your warr has any frapsed/stream games? mad props that your warrs gear is shit (my gear is not much worse than his) and are so high

#19 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

every mage rogue weve fought (well almost) goes for the paladin, while novas etc on me, coupled with 10sec + mi sheep chains im screwed, pala has to bubble off the bat immediately, if was arms could see this happening but w/e.

what do you do vs explosive shot teams? also any chance your or your warr has any frapsed/stream games? mad props that your warrs gear is shit (my gear is not much worse than his) and are so high

yea this combo is pretty annoying for you but what you want to do is have your rogue try to get a sap off on the warrior before going in and what you want to do is have your rogue open up on the shammy with garrote and rupture and vanish and start the stun lock (reason for that is so he put's out a steady dps since shammy has alot of armor) before you start atking sheep the warrior and start opening up on the shammy with arcane barrage's (if the warrior trinket's let the rogue know so he can blind the warrior, save your pom pyro for when the shammy is at 5k health or around there till then just keep arcane barrage fireblast etc and tell rogue to make sure to kick the heal's when he get's to around 5k-7k health pom pyro him after that counter spell him so he cant heal and you and the rogue finsh him off then have rogue start stun locking the warrior so you can los and evo if needed if your good on mana just finsh off the warrior, i hope this help's GL

No but seriously we just zerg the healer hard since we can't stick to the hunter worth shit between tranqing freedom/CA/disengage/freedom.

Warrior streams quite a bit under the name beepz, I don't stream much since last time I did I noticed a big ms hit (might have beep a hiccup net-wise).
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

eat a dick arcane mages

0 user(s) are reading this topic