• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Fought a dk paladin in nagrand pre patch. burned paladin 4 or so times/drank literally 21 times(ran out of water)/ had a rogue partner applying MS which was healed through. Paladin didn't drink once and didn't go OOM, I did. They were terrible players too. You're nuts if you think priests mana can keep up with a paladins.

tell your rogue to pressure harder

#22 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

Ocius is pretty much dead on. The problems people are having against paladins at the moment are simply a lack of understanding of how the class works, plus they aren't used to us being able to...heal? Back in S1 paladins had this exact feeling of being "OP" when in reality it was people just not hassling them enough, not paying attention to cooldowns being used, etc. If you let me sit around, don't dispel anything, then yeah, my manas gonna be fucking great. Dispel my divine plea, dispel sacred shields being put up (its like 480 mana per so it adds up mad quick). Just CC them in general (if anything, in this regard they're weaker than before because of the bosac change).

The only thing thats making us so amazing is Bubble and Divine Purpose. If you removed Bubble, we'd be exactly like everyone else. Once DPS gets more in line, the other healers will be able to bring all their benefits like usual.

#23 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

you'd have to be delusional not to see that holy paladins are out of line. as of right now (compared to every other healer) they have the best longevity, best survivability, and best hps. they're also high up on the list of good utility and good mobility, but not quite best.

You must be delusional if you think paladins aren't in the worst position possible.

The class will pale in comparison to Priest/Druids/Shamans once the wave of QQ gets around to nerfing us. It was this way once s1 gutted us, and its happening again.

#24 Nn

Nn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

One thing paladins lack that the other healers have is versatility. Plain and simple.
Nn

#25 Maddlexie

Maddlexie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

Pretty dumb to see a Paladin get out played so bad,theyre oom and then 10 seconds later, at like 40% mana. No healer comes close (save a druid, lol druid) in defensive abilities to keep partners up. Pallies do pretty decent burst also a Judge + Holy Shock to finish. Its like a Wrath + Moonfire or a Flame shock/Lava Burst but they dont have to cast.

I would suggest a few things
10 Second CD on Holyshock
Change Divine Plea to 10-15% per minute
Move Divine Purpose further down
make turn evil glpyh 15 sec cd(8 seconds does nothing when it last 9 on a lock)
Holyshock into a .9 second HL that crits for 16k is rather Op also
Nerf Sacred Shield to wayyyy less damage absorbed

#26 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

You must be delusional if you think paladins aren't in the worst position possible.

The class will pale in comparison to Priest/Druids/Shamans once the wave of QQ gets around to nerfing us. It was this way once s1 gutted us, and its happening again.

how about to fix this you suggest reasonable nerfs and buffs to other areas to compensate, instead of pretending there isn't a problem with your class.

#27 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

how about to fix this you suggest reasonable nerfs and buffs to other areas to compensate, instead of pretending there isn't a problem with your class.

How about I don't, since whiners like you will win out with massive nerfs anyhow.

they'll just erase divine plea completely, and put HS back on a 15 second CD

move DP up 2 tiers

move imp hoJ up 2 tiers and make beacon heal mages when they spell steal it!

The problem with our class isn't a big one

Holy paladin's bane is retards like you think we're the end all be all of everything because everything else is DEAD by the time we have to bubble.

The problem is ---DPS--- not holy paladins.

once those priests start living past 30 seconds we get burned/feared

Once those druids start living we get CC'd to hell

Shamans lock us down, etc

#28 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

Pretty dumb to see a Paladin get out played so bad,theyre oom and then 10 seconds later, at like 40% mana. No healer comes close (save a druid, lol druid) in defensive abilities to keep partners up. Pallies do pretty decent burst also a Judge + Holy Shock to finish. Its like a Wrath + Moonfire or a Flame shock/Lava Burst but they dont have to cast.

Might as well play on a BC realm where you meet 2 palas above 2.200, have fun!
Not only paladins got buffs so there has to be something you don't take away.

#29 Khazm

Khazm
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

lol holy pallies instantly become the worst healers if these changes happened

#30 georgez

georgez

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

Fought a dk paladin in nagrand pre patch. burned paladin 4 or so times/drank literally 21 times(ran out of water)/ had a rogue partner applying MS which was healed through. Paladin didn't drink once and didn't go OOM, I did. They were terrible players too. You're nuts if you think priests mana can keep up with a paladins.

no, actually, you are terrible players if you lost to DK/H pally as priest/rogue and you drank literally 21 times.

idiot.

#31 georgez

georgez

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

ok so pretty much every buff we got should be mutilated and destroyed to the point where the class in hardly playable again. Luckily for you, blizzard listens to people such as yourself.
No wonder wow is such a shitty game.

really? all those defensive abilities we have against warlock teams? good god you would have totally annihilated those paladin teams if it wasn't for that that bop!

#32 georgez

georgez

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

the fact that my blue geared paladin can't run oom ever and that it takes me as a best in slot pve geared rogue 8 minutes to oom a chain casting paladin when every plea is dispelled. your expectations are unrealistic. a priest getting off burns (even ignoring the fact that it's difficult for priests to do anything besides jump in circles spamming instants and praying) is unrealistic in every arena except org.

dispel can be line of sighted because paladins don't have to maintain a hot stack like a druid. under a worst case scenario a paladin can get 6 guaranteed seconds of a plea with a ridiculously short cooldown. that is more than enough to have a near nil mana deficit.

last one i promise.

Ok so first you say a pally can chain cast for 8 minutes against you. Maybe you should kick? good move, then maybe you could apply pressure with all your "best in slot gear". Damn, and with every divine plea dispelled? jesus christ the paladins you face must be incredible in the 1800s. Putting kick/gouge/kidney shot on your bar is a good start, i know you don't use those getting your best in slot epics.

that was the first retarded thing you said.

next you say:

"
dispel can be line of sighted because paladins don't have to maintain a hot stack like a druid."

LOL? is this a serious statement? actually, a paladin has to stay in LOS to heal his partner, so why dont you use your "best in slot" gear and put enough pressure on his partner. Oh yeah, because you suck.

druids were always the ones who would hot their partners up and go LOS to drink while a paladin had to stick around and heal his partner.

sooooooo dumb.

#33 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

In what universe is complaining pre-emptively about nerfs that may or may not happen in the future, of which you have zero evidence for, logical behavior?

This is mind boggling.

#34 clicker

clicker
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

i bet you were surprised to get laid off too

it's called foresight

#35 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

In what universe is complaining pre-emptively about nerfs that may or may not happen in the future, of which you have zero evidence for, logical behavior?

This is mind boggling.

One word for you.

Trends.

Hey look you're the general forum moron who said I never hit 2200.

Anyways, trends are this:

Blizzard pleases the general population, right now paladins are FoTM

S1 - Paladin/Warrior, Paladin/Warlock

Paladins get gutted. It takes 3, THREE seasons for us to see any changes, and those are minimal at best.

For this expansion? We get a poorly thought out mana CD, and some weak talents, Beacon's largely useless for PvP, etc

Here's the kicker

Divine Plea >>>>will get nerfed<<<<, this is no argueing this, I seriously seriously seriously doubt DP remains on a 1 minute 25% max mana CD.

After that's gone, we're just like every class, druids/priests/shamans all have strong instants to keep themselves up once damage is toned down

However those classes have actually offensive utility or CC

paladins have nothing

#36 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

Edit because I don't want to get accused of trolling.

Anyway, this reminds me of Druids complaining in s3 about the four set bonus nerf and how they'll never be able to survive double dps teams now, it's absolutely nuts, but whatever.

#37 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

I'd call it crying about absolutely nothing despite having even better arena representation than druids had at their peak, but I guess you can call it foresight.

lol and strong instants. You might want to try using Holy Shock =/.

How am I crying?

I just said paladins are in a poor position for this expansion. I'm not asking for buffs, I'm expecting nerfs.

I don't give a crap about representation. Druids were dead last in 5's at some point, that didn't mean they weren't OP in 2's.

Look at representation all you want, but the fact remains the classes on top this expac won't stay there for long.

Paladins will be the first healer to see significant changes, and they'll do this BEFORE they look long and hard at rogues/mages/feral druids/DK's/Ret Pal's

#38 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

my judgements hit for 2200+ on crits 3/5 improved. i did a 4k in raid 5/5 imp.

soooooo. im kinda happy with the new judgements, but more dmg for shocks is on its place also tbh. or 20% judge dmg instead of 15%

#39 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

How am I crying?

I just said paladins are in a poor position for this expansion. I'm not asking for buffs, I'm expecting nerfs.

I don't give a crap about representation. Druids were dead last in 5's at some point, that didn't mean they weren't OP in 2's.

Look at representation all you want, but the fact remains the classes on top this expac won't stay there for long.

Paladins will be the first healer to see significant changes, and they'll do this BEFORE they look long and hard at rogues/mages/feral druids/DK's/Ret Pal's

First part of my post was @ the other pally, the part about holy shock was directed at you, though.

Either way I think you guys are sorta grasping at things to complain about. You expect nerfs and you think they'll somehow ruin the class. Druids felt the same way before and it turned out to be completely unfounded, unless you consider the new Xpac one giant druid nerf.

either way, why don't you actually wait for even an anouncement of future nerfs before you start acting like Paladins are doomed?

#40 georgez

georgez

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

Edit because I don't want to get accused of trolling.

Anyway, this reminds me of Druids complaining in s3 about the four set bonus nerf and how they'll never be able to survive double dps teams now, it's absolutely nuts, but whatever.

a complaint about a set bonus is hardly the same as a complaint about paladins most important moves. troll better if you are going to troll

druid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<