#41 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

You don't remember Fury in PVE gear dominating level 60 PVP?

You could argue that MS was useful in group play, but fury with the ridiculous rage gen at the time was insane.

I remember my non-normalized arcanite reaper allowing me and a friend to 2v10 WSG groups with sweeping strikes.

#42 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

I remember my non-normalized arcanite reaper allowing me and a friend to 2v10 WSG groups with sweeping strikes.

An AQ40 geared fury warrior back in the day pretty much got 80 rage from 2 1H crits. That should give you an idea.

#43 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

An AQ40 geared fury warrior back in the day pretty much got 80 rage from 2 1H crits. That should give you an idea.

I had that gear at level 60, and the difference between it and Arms was massive, especially considering I had Earthstrike, and macro'ed it to Deathwish basically letting me 2 shot anyone everytime the CD was up, could even 2 shot some of the Prophecy wearing Priests and Arcanist Mages who had around 2.5k HP.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#44 rkz

rkz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Grinded marshal as fury on my war, man those were fun times. It was so op but never nerfed because such a small portion of players had the gear.

#45 Zaragoorn

Zaragoorn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

I just can't get rid of the feeling that fury is an incredibly easy version of a rogue which is based exclusively on raw damage output. Maybe that's just me.

Anyhow I figured it was time to reroll rogue and it took me 30 games to get my blue geared rogue with 70 resilience and 2.1k AP up to 1850 which is same rating as I had on my 600 resilience warrior as war/druid. Great.

Not to mention that switching to rogue certainly was an upgrade in terms of having fun, more cc, more fast-paced, reliable burst that doesn't really too much on RNG procs, etc.

#46 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

Fury seems significantly better, especially if I ever get dual betrayers.

Heroic Fury is really really good btw, It seems like I'm snared less and I'm almost always on my target longer as fury vs MS.

By far the most annoying thing though is that the MS debuff is almost never at a full 2 stacks, I almost always see 1 stack or no stacks, rarely is it 50%.

#47 Craelon

Craelon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

I do 2v2 with a holy paladin as fury and its working out great, fury seems a lot more consistant and a lot less random than arms atm;

#48 Schmerz

Schmerz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1914
  • 3v3: 1942
  • RBG: 1302

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

I've played 600 or so WoTLK games so far, just about equally distributed between 2v2 and 3v3. Spent the start of the season as arms, it was nice, I basically just either played defensively or peeled until I could line up a SD burst. It worked well until I hit the pally/DK teams like a brick wall. For me at least it is extremely difficult to do adequate damage as arms verses this or other pally compositions.

As fury there's the afore mentioned increased in sustained damage that most certainly helps both pressure and rage generation (god damn sacred shield), however what sells fury for me is it's... "on callablity". What I mean by this is Fury has more on call DPS, and mobility. Rather than an RNG burst, which is difficult to work with and use at effective times, you have an on-call reckless -> bloodthurst -> instant slam -> ww crit. In regards to mobility you don't have your shorter intercept, but you have a on call intercept you can use during a CD with heroic fury. As I'm sure most will agree PvP is about controlling your opponent and taking advantage of the correct opportunities to finish them off; I've found this easier to accomplish as fury.

#49 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'm not used to priests lasting beyond the first 10s.

Then again, I don't play 5v5.

You do 2\3?

I'm trying to figure out where the bloat is especially now that I'm not a retard and have figured out... by being told I'm a retard... that Weap Chain + WM doesn't stack.

Depending on whether I stick with Chain in OH you can still easily have maxed every talent you're talking about and maybe do 2\2 imp serk and 4\5 improved stance.

#50 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

They don't stack.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#51 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

I only have one TGable 2h atm, haven't even been able to try fury.

#52 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

Not really on topic but w/e:
What glyphs for Fury ?
3.0.8 WW is a no brainer, Bloodthirst looks pretty decent but I can't see anything else worth it :(

#53 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Not really on topic but w/e:
What glyphs for Fury ?
3.0.8 WW is a no brainer, Bloodthirst looks pretty decent but I can't see anything else worth it :(

Intervene.

#54 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

They don't stack.

Which was the point of my post, and being extremely puzzled where your points are going as I have every talent in the tree needed if I go 0\2 WM.

#55 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Intervene.

I'm using this now, but I think in the patch I'm switching to WW, BT, Hamstring.

#56 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

Which was the point of my post, and being extremely puzzled where your points are going as I have every talent in the tree needed if I go 0\2 WM.

0/5 dual wield spec?

#57 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

WW/BT/Hamstring is my choice too, BT might not make a ton of difference in arena (but it will make some!), but it's so fun solo, it really is something warriors have been missing for so long, some non-shitty self-healing.

#58 Lymp

Lymp
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

This week I tried fury for the first time(Thanks to Zeriel for helping me out!) and I really love it, not relying on bladestorm/Recklnessness to be able to do damage is great.

And heroic fury is actually extremely useful at times!

#59 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Had my paladin switch back to playing with me, just a hilarious note about TG:

Faced several warriors. After many, many losses on their part, all of them respec'd TG to try and beat us. It didn't work, but it was amusing nonetheless.

#60 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Had my paladin switch back to playing with me, just a hilarious note about TG:

Faced several warriors. After many, many losses on their part, all of them respec'd TG to try and beat us. It didn't work, but it was amusing nonetheless.

I saw the same thign in 5s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<