• EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Soo there I said it,let's flame each other about what's the better spec!

Arms:
+15 sec intercept
+relatively reliable MS
+imp hamstring
+no double white miss :D
+no cd revenge
+second wind
+meatspinstorm vs double dps and shit

Fury:
+Heroic fury to get out of novas
+more sustained damage
+bt self healing that will get better next patch
+even more sustained damage
+A lot of fucking damage

Sooooo,what's your pick?Personally I like playing arms more (many procs are a setback but..) because I think that deep down fury is a lot like rogue assasination tree,pretty much tunnel spec-.-

The unreliable furious attacks makes swapping targets a nightmare but you can actually drop things yourself.

I'd say that right now fury is the better spec on 2v2 and maybe even 3v3 post patch?But I'd love to not see arms buried(some non rng improvements please) because aside from the procs I think it can take more finesse to play than fury(no offense,I like the fury zerg concept too but arms is my love!)

Opinions?Both on what you think is best and what you like best ;p
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#2 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Arms is in trouble. The basic dichotomy they were trying to setup was Utility (Arms) versus Damage (Fury), but with the nerf to Sudden Death, Arms utiltiy just isn't even close to measuring up to Fury's damage. Without really big Sudden Death Crits, Arm is hands-down a level 70 spec in a level 80 world.

I like fury more, both in playstyle and the effectiveness, but in a perfect world Arms should have things to offer over Fury. in 3.08, it won't.

#3 Jedden

Jedden
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Only thing fury has to offer is fuckton of damage... and that burst damage is still worse then rogue, DK and hunters (pvp ofc, pve fury rules). The MS effect fury has is laughable. Im lucky if im able to keep more then 1 stack up at times.

And I still prefeer the mobility of imp. intercept, so I guess arms it is.

TL;DR: Wow, why havent I rerolled yet? :(

#4 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Only thing fury has to offer is fuckton of damage... and that burst damage is still worse then rogue, DK and hunters (pvp ofc, pve fury rules). The MS effect fury has is laughable. Im lucky if im able to keep more then 1 stack up at times.

And I still prefeer the mobility of imp. intercept, so I guess arms it is.

TL;DR: Wow, why havent I rerolled yet? :(

heroic fury is on 45 sec CD and resets your intercept CD. <correct me if im wrong so 15 sec intercept is like the same shit
fury's MS can drop fast but it's not that bad and the damage is retarded with 7k WWs. If you want to kill holy paladins etc spec fury, you just can't with arms

#5 Yakiteri

Yakiteri
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

I've been speccing back and forth recently and the most notable difference difference I see here is second wind.

On top of blood craze, second wind is awesome survivability against mages and rogues since you're constantly getting snared or stunned. As fury I feel like my survivability is always an issue, I get targeted a lot whenever i'm fury.

Having Bladestorm gives you a quick way to make people blow their cooldowns (iceblock, evasion/sprint, trinkets, etc.)

Sudden death in its current state is pretty good, should get nerfed yeah, but not without any buffs.

Overall fury is a lot more sustained damage, but you have a very unreliable healing debuff. With ms you can literally call out a switch in targets, put an MS debuff on them and try to kill them. Doesn't work that well with furious attacks.
Formerly Teriyaki/Teri

#6 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

A reliable MS effect, second wind, imp hamstring, imp intercept (heroic fury is not even close to the same thing. 15 sec CD vs 25 sec CD is not balanced by being able to reset it on demand once every 1 intercepts (while it will still be on DR most likely), bladestorm (offensive and defensive damage and CC immunity), and sudden death (even post-nerf) are all significantly better than anything offered by fury. All fury has to compensate is higher damage.

#7 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like everyone likes zipping around the map more than killing stuff.

I know I couldnt pressure anything with arms. With fury, im rolling through people.

Right now, Fury > arms imo.

#8 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

I've tried both and I prefer arms even though the sustained damage is far less. Sweeping strikes/bladestorm all over people's faces puts out a lot of pressure and forces cooldowns. I also like being able to rip rogues with imp op assuming I live through the cs/dismantle.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

Sounds like everyone likes zipping around the map more than killing stuff.

I know I couldnt pressure anything with arms. With fury, im rolling through people.

Right now, Fury > arms imo.

Do you only play 5s? In 5s I'm sure that fury is probably by far the stronger spec, but in 3s/2s I think spec is debatable. SS/BS can force CDs easily, and the reliability of MS is what makes it nice, and the pressure is still there as MS, just not so much vs. paladin teams that know how to use SS(Unless your 2nd dps partner can help you break them, which they usually can)

#10 Jedion

Jedion
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

yeah, right now my focus is 5s... But wouldnt 5s be an area where arms should have an advantage?
Multiple target switching = need ms debuff quickly
Double healer = need reliable healing debuff
Lots of CC = need CC Break/immunity
Traps/desecration = need mobility

But despite all that, Fury is working significantly better for me just due to doing so much damage. Ill take 7k whirlwinds over 7k sudden deaths any day.

#11 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Speaking of cooldowns, do people actually have a hard time forcing cooldowns in 3v3?

I can see it in 2v2 where you can be the only DPS and get hugely ragestarved by paladins, but other than that it seems like the slightest breeze makes most classes have to pop every CD just to live through the opener.

#12 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Just dropped ~80 pts to various dps/healers (in 2's), I just couldn't kill or even pressure anything.
I'll go Fury once I get a second 2 hander, hope it will change :/

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

yeah, right now my focus is 5s... But wouldnt 5s be an area where arms should have an advantage?
Multiple target switching = need ms debuff quickly
Double healer = need reliable healing debuff
Lots of CC = need CC Break/immunity
Traps/desecration = need mobility

But despite all that, Fury is working significantly better for me just due to doing so much damage. Ill take 7k whirlwinds over 7k sudden deaths any day.

I didn't have too much trouble doing damage in 3s, probably because I played with a feral druid/dk 3rd. As long as nothing is really stopping rage generation (i.e. not being able to break rage preventing shields) you really should be doing a decent amount of damage (granted your gear isn't horrible)

#14 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

I think fury is significantly more gear dependent, anyone else agree?

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

I think fury is significantly more gear dependent, anyone else agree?

You'd probably see a lot more success with certain pieces of gear than others,but I wouldn't necessarily say its out of reach for most casual raiders. WoTLK raiding is all finishable in ~4 hours, and outside of things like 2/3 drake 25/10 man sarth is all really easy.

Its not as difficult as you'd think

#16 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

I've done all of the raids, the difficulty isn't the content, it's the drop rate of items I need. :)

#17 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

You don't need amazing gear, just 7% hit from gear and any 2 epic 2hers.

I did it fine with titansteel destroyer.

#18 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

I've done all of the raids, the difficulty isn't the content, it's the drop rate of items I need. :)

This is true indeed.

Anyway,in theory arms should indeed have an advantage over fury in 5s,unless you run with a hunter mr dwarf? I badly need a bath right now and can't check your armory:D.Unfortunately I haven't got the chance to play any proper 5s yet.

In 2s I think fury is better even before arms nerfs/fury buffs and right now I'd say I maybe prefer arms in 3s.This is performance wise always,playstyle I think arms has far more depth.
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#19 Shakazen

Shakazen
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

After testing arms/fury on my 5's, I decided to stay as fury.
I mean, it's hell lotta harder to switch targets, and the lack of bladestorm still gets me in some matches, but in general, the sustained damage and controled burst of the fury build seems better.
Didn't have time to test it on 2's and 3's, by the way.

#20 Shivan

Shivan
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:33 AM

I've basically been playing fury since arena has come out, though I've mainly been playing 5s. Whoever said arms is like a lvl 70 spec in a lvl 80 world, hit the nail on the head with how I felt when I'd play the spec. Arms just wasn't fun for me anymore. Fury just puts out so much more pressure all-around and was a nice change from MS/hs spam of 70 arena, whereas arms has stayed almost exactly the same.
You insult me in my home, you're forgiven this time
Things go well, your eyes dilate, you shake, and I'm high?
Look in my eyes deep and watch the clouds change with time
20 hours won't print my picture milk carton size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<