#1 Riddaren

Riddaren
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

Hey Gladiators... I am planning to take arenas a bit more seriously now (been raiding mostly) and I have been reading these forums a lot. I tried the 44/27 blood pvp spec and thoroughly enjoyed it more than 21/0/50 (I just thought it was a bit more fun). I have some questions that I was wondering if any of you top dks could help me with.

1) What glyphs do u guys use for this arena build?
2) Arena rune rotation?
3) How do you gem for this spec... I heard a lot of armor pen is needed.
4) Do you need to be JC for this spec to be viable?

Thanks in advance!

#2 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

Riddaren said:

1) What glyphs do u guys use for this arena build?
2) Arena rune rotation?
3) How do you gem for this spec... I heard a lot of armor pen is needed.
4) Do you need to be JC for this spec to be viable?

1. Glyph of Blood Strike/Obliterate/x ( x being up in the air atm, right now you can use AMS/DND since they are fairly overpowered, but next patch I'll most likely use Blood Boil, since the snare is being changed to 50% instead of 30% )

2. There isnt a 'rotation', more so priorities. Keeping a target snared and after that its a choice of obliterates and heart strikes, using a good burst combo with strangulate works very well. ( Strangulate + cooldowns, Obliterate, HS, ERW, Obliterate x2, HS ). As fair warning, next patch it wont be as easy to burst someone in strangulate though, since they will be fixing the bug to strangulate that makes it last the full 5 seconds regardless of what silence reduction talents a player has.

#showtooltip Strangulate
/cast [target=focus, exists] Strangulate; Strangulate
/cast [harm, exists] Hysteria
/cast [harm, exists] Deathchill
/cast [harm, exists] Blood Fury
/use [harm, exists] Incisor Fragment

I use that macro for my strangulate bursts, all of those abilities are off of GCD so they will all be used at the same time. This saves you the extra second or so to gain an extra attack in, which can be the difference in killing someone with no MS debuff.

3. Personal choice tbh, I choose ARP because its strengthening my biggest weakness compared to other specs, which is obviously that my attacks don't ignore armor, making targeting plate a much easier option and very viable to burst. Blood doesn't really need much help against cloth/leather, it already has a big advantage on these type of armor classes. If you do want to get ARP tho, try to pick up the best in slot pieces & I only gem blue sockets with stam/ARP for the little extra bonus. I would aim for anything around 15-20% ARP passive, getting the Incisor's Fragment is a good choice for a trinket when it comes to facing a lot of plate classes ( mainly mirror matches in 2s, which there are a lot of currently ).

4. No you don't. The ARP gems alone give about a 4-5% ARP reduction, which isn't going to make a break blood being viable, its just a bonus if you wish to push for more ARP.

#3 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

the snare on bb glyph has never been even mentioned of changing in 3.0.8 and is definitely not. in fact, blizzard's words were "We tried the Blood Boil glyph at 50%, but thought that was too good." No idea where you would imagine that happening.

Armor pen is also very silly for a multitude of reasons that I won't get into.

#4 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:40 AM

Serennia said:

the snare on bb glyph has never been even mentioned of changing in 3.0.8 and is definitely not. in fact, blizzard's words were "We tried the Blood Boil glyph at 50%, but thought that was too good." No idea where you would imagine that happening.

Armor pen is also very silly for a multitude of reasons that I won't get into.

Go look at the BB glyph on PTR. I've already asked people about it, and they even took a SS of the glyph snare. So unless people have been lying or they just recently changed it back, it is 50% on PTR.

And no, your wrong about ARP, at so many levels, stop responding to my posts about blood.

#5 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:08 AM

really easy ways to see just from this site (this post much less) why you're wrong

#6 Nayume

Nayume
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

now now guys, no fiting!

#7 Arcturus

Arcturus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

Fuk no, rark it up!
:druid: Kieri
:hunter: Arcturuz
:deathknight: Heartwork

#8 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

well im too lazy to copy over again with a bb glyph so i checked thottbot test data and it shows as 50%, however that directly contradicts what blizzard said or it could be what they were testing it at previously before reverting it. the test data isnt quite up to date either since it shows things like glyph of hoj still extending duration when its range now. not to mention its supposed to mirror chilblains so that would have to be buffed to 50% also if it were that way.

#9 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

So in other words, I was right, you were wrong.

Nothing to see here, move along.

#10 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

hows competition on rampage?

#11 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

Serennia said:

Better then Vengeance.

#12 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

Serennia said:

LOL that is what you came back with? Just lose the argument and leave w/ some dignity...comments like that just make you look like a pathetic pos.

#13 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

i didnt know i lost anything. in fact, i just delved the spell data for the glyph on ptr and it showed 30% slow when i used the script to pull up the existing slow data.

and armor pen is still worthless so im kinda confused here.

p.s. rampage isnt good :( (neither is vengeance but dont lie now)

p.s.s. the new necrosis alone will outdps all of the worthless frost talents you have in your spec, jones

#14 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

Like I said, they either changed the BB snare within the past few days or people were lying, because I asked multiple people to check, and it was a 50% snare.

ARP isn't worthless, because I spent enough spare time to actually check the number differences.

Until you come back to Rampage and gain #1 in 2s or 3s ( since you never even came close in s3 ), you're opinion will never be taken seriously by me.

Im not concerned with what necrosis is in terms of damage and isn't the main reason I spec that deep into frost, and when I actually test necrosis Ill find out for myself. And besides, you're the last person I'd take advice from.

Anyway, to avoid this thread being locked, since you like to troll, Ill stop responding. Sorry to the OP for this thread turning into what it has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<