#41 dif66

dif66
  • Priestholy
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID")

This stuff interested me, bartender seems to fuck up the macro majorly for me so I'm wondering if there's an easy way to just make a "Sap nearest rogue" macro, without all the actionbutton shit:P
Priest/Rogue-X<-- Streaming

"I rarely use battlemaster because I always hit it at the wrong time or never use it."
Deadly Gladiator Namakaokahai.

#42 Tigra

Tigra
  • Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

Try to place SAP2 on main or side bar. I think bartender works differenly from standart UI. I also don't know if it uses stealth bar or main bar when you are in stealth. As i writed in post number 6 on page 2, try this:
Macros "SAP"(SuperDuper):

/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Sap"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsShiftKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID"))  then PickupAction(39); PickupAction(38); end
/click MultiBarLeftButton2
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
/script c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAPing %t ('..c..')',"PARTY")
Macros "SAP2":
/script PickupAction(38); PickupAction(39);
/cleartarget
Place SAP wherever you want, SAP2 to MultiBarLeft button number 3. MultiBarLeft button number 2 must be empty.
MultiBarLeft is left bar on the right side of the screen in default UI. This macro don't switch bars, so it can exclude some of the UI problems. You can also try to make it work without bartender4 enabled first, and after you make it work - turn the bartender4 on again, then repeat macros debugging :).

Still it doesn't work for me.
In russian it should be like this?

/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Ошеломление"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsShiftKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID")) then PickupAction(39); PickupAction(38); end
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
/focus
/cast Ошеломление
/stopmacro [noexists]

Sap2 on the left panel buttom 3, 2 is empty?

Do I need to change Druid on Друд and Rogue on Разбойник?

Is it possible for you to give the macro for russian users.

Thanx in advance.

#43 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Is it possible for you to give the macro for russian users.

Macros that I use on russian game client(only with addon as it longer than 255 symbols):
SAP1:
/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Ошеломление"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsShiftKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID"))  then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton3
/swapactionbar 1 2
/focus
/cast Ошеломление
/stopmacro [noexists]
SAP2:
/script PickupAction(15); PickupAction(14);
/cleartarget 
Macros SAP 2 is placed on bar2-slot 2, slot 3 is empty.

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to just make a "Sap nearest rogue" macro, without all the actionbutton shit:P

The problem is that Blizzard dissallowed script usage for spells and abilities in macroses since WoW v. 2.0. You can't make a check on something that is not allowed by macros API. However you can use macro options listed on http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro or command /click [Button name] with a script.
For example you can change this macros so it will work with option [group] or [party] or [actionbar:2] by changing PickupAction(X) to another function from http://www.wowwiki.c...of_Warcraft_API.
I had to use macro option [actionbar:X] from begining instead of /click [Button name], so it would be only one button macro. I will probably update it later.
Note that most functions like LeaveParty() or PickupAction(X) work only out of combat, to prevent them from using in macroses. But some of them work in combat requring you to have no GCD on ability or something else, E.G.:
/cast First Aid
/script n1=UnitName("player"); n2=UnitName("targettarget"); if (not n2 or not n1==n2) then DoTradeSkill(2); end
/cast First Aid
/cast Evasion
/stopcasting
/cast Mutilate
This macro will prevent you from using evasion if you are not targeted by selected enemy, by crafting Bandages(lol :) ) and stoping craft immedeatly(you have to stay in place and have some cloth in inventory). Not very usefull for PVP but you can use it as an example. If you have some free time you can create some creative macroses by yourself.
:shaman: - Gladiator (Rating 2537) @ S5
Author/Maintainer of the next addons: DHUD, SWStats.

#44 hideloth

hideloth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hey, Madcat, your work is very cool, i tryed your 3 components sap macro and it's superb. Howhere macro with class detect can be much cooler. But i do not want install SuperDuper addon. So i try minimaze first part of your 3 component macro :
/script r=IsSpellInRange("Sap") or 0
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script c=UnitClass("target");if(not UnitExists("target") and r==0) or not (c=="ROGUE" or c=="DRUID") then PickupAction(14);PickupAction(15);end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton4

Unfortunatly it's not works right (it's not sap not druid and not rogue - thats ok, but it's not sap druid and rogue too). It's strange because this short variant of first part of your 3 component macro :
/script r=IsSpellInRange("Sap") or 0
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script c=UnitClass("target");if(not UnitExists("target") and r==0) then PickupAction(14);PickupAction(15);end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton4

works fine, can you try look it and found why first code did not work

#45 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

function UnitClass("target"); returns localizedclass and englishclass. You are trying to use localizedclass, which returns not something like "ROGUE", but something like "Разбойница" оr "Rogue". If you want to get englishclass use following code:
_,c=UnitClass("target");
instead of:
c=UnitClass("target");

#46 hideloth

hideloth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Okey, there is my last modification of first part of 3 composite Sap macro of Madcat :
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script r=IsSpellInRange("Sap") or 0;_,c=UnitClass("target");if(not UnitExists("target") and r==0 or not(c=="ROGUE" or c==DRUID))  then PickupAction(14);PickupAction(15);end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton4
It's work.

It's only 238 characters length, and you did not required use superduper addon for it work.

#47 Haggi

Haggi
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Sap"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsAltKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID"))  then PickupAction(39); PickupAction(38); end
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
Macros "SAP2":
/cleartarget

could anyone split this macro for me?
one macro for the normal sap and the other only for druid/rogues?
using alt/shift isnt working for me cuz on alt+key nothing happens and hes switching the bar on shift :x (i use bartender but it was same problem w/o addon)
(i only could use it by pushing alt and mouseclickig the macro to make it work.. but thats no option for me ^^)

#48 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

Just unmap shift/alt + key you are pressing in keybindings.

#49 jackals

jackals
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

The macro now works?

#50 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

The macro now works?

yes

#51 jackals

jackals
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

yes

I distinguish all Classes ... at the macro just like the rogue and druids ... or something that I did not understand?:confused:

#52 Aamoo

Aamoo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

When i sap one target it puts that target as my target and my focus. If i try to sap a new target, i cannot. Target and focus just stays the same. What's wrong?

I don't use any addons at all.

#53 laeg

laeg
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

For those who have SuperDuperMacros addon installed you can use the following macro:

Macros "SAP":

/targetenemy [noexists]

/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsShiftKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID"))  then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end

/swapactionbar 1 2

/click ActionButton3

/swapactionbar 1 2

/focus

/cast Sap

/stopmacro [noexists]

Macros "SAP2":

/script PickupAction(15); PickupAction(14);

/cleartarget

It differs from original macro with one thing: If you hold shift down when pressing the button - macro will only SAP rogues or druids, often usefull if they stay near non-stealth partner.

With SAP2 in the second slot of my second stealth bar this works perfectly and is just what I have been looking for, but it does not work with Dominos despite my trying to make it.

As I have heard Dominos uses a lot of the same code as Bartender I also tried:

Try to place SAP2 on main or side bar. I think bartender works differenly from standart UI. I also don't know if it uses stealth bar or main bar when you are in stealth. As i writed in post number 6 on page 2, try this:

/targetenemy [noexists]

/script local localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if (te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn))) or (IsShiftKeyDown() and not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID"))  then PickupAction(39); PickupAction(38); end

/focus

/cast Sap

/stopmacro [noexists]

Macros "SAP2":

/cleartarget

Place SAP wherever you want, SAP2 to MultiBarLeft button number 3. MultiBarLeft button number 2 must be empty.

MultiBarLeft is left bar on the right side of the screen in default UI. This macro don't switch bars, so it can exclude some of the UI problems. You can also try to make it work without bartender4 enabled first, and after you make it work - turn the bartender4 on again, then repeat macros debugging :).

The above I tried with SAP2 on *EVERY* bar first in slot 2 with all other slots empty, and then in case there was a mistake on *EVERY* bar in slot 3 with all other slots empty. I also tried both of those with 'PickupAction(38); PickupAction(39);' changed to 'PickupAction(2); PickupAction(3)' and vice versa for SAP1, and I increased each number by 12 and tried again past 100.

Although the following is in three buttons, and doesn't include the rogue/druid option I also tried it, and I can confirm it definitely does not work with Dominos enabled at time of writing.

I use Dominos addon, so I try this way:

SAP:

/targetenemy [noexists]

/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(84); PickupAction(83); end

/click ActionButton10

SAP2:
/script PickupAction(83); PickupAction(84);

/cleartarget

SAP3:
/click ActionButton11

/focus

/cast Sap

/stopmacro [noexists]

Bind SAP2 & SAP3 macro while stealthed(!)

SAP2 to last place of stealth-bar(12th button), pre-last button must be empty, and SAP3 to 10th button of this bar. Then bind SAP to any button you want.

Works perfect 4me. If u ask about 83, 84 numbers, they're 6*12+11, 6*12+12, cos Dominos's 7th actionbar seems to be the copy of my stealth bar.

Tried that with SAP2 on the 12th slot of every bar, SAP3 on the 10th slot of every bar, and slot 11 empty.

Have any of you managed to get this macro to work with Dominos, or even Bartender? Please note I am especially interested in Madcat's version with the option to sap only rogues and druids, and I will take it in either two or three parts, but I want to hear about any variant of either working without the default Blizzard bars.

#54 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

you dont need any of this

just use

/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast sap

target closest, and wont target totems

#55 Schimon

Schimon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Mannoroth
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

but this will still target your other oponents, so if you see a rogue and use that macro there is a 50:50 chance you will first target his partner and then him.

#56 laeg

laeg
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

just use

/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast sap

target closest, and wont target totems

There are a lot of things worse it targets and saps, or tries to sap than totems. The point of Madcat's macro is to SAP if you already have a target, if not sap closest (whether in stealth or not), and if you hold down the shift modifier it will only sap rogues and druids - it's very powerful.

but this will still target your other oponents, so if you see a rogue and use that macro there is a 50:50 chance you will first target his partner and then him.

Exactly. And sap the other opponent first, the wrong opponent.

Schimon, have you been using it, any chance you have gotten it to work with a bar addon?

#57 procop

procop
  • Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

Thank you for the Macro , it works for the most part , but i am not clear on that SHIFT modifier to sap Rogue OR Druids.

And i use Shift + 2 for Prep, i also dont use that super duper macros or some thing :)

Every Thing works fine but Shift + SAP for Rogues and DRuids only isnt working for me , i cant even see any Shift Modifer in the macro u made

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<