#1 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

I've registered yesterday so i can't post in rogues topic, but I have expirience over 2300.
As you know macros like this won't work:
/console SET TargetNearestDistance 10
/targetenemy [target=target, noexists]
/console SET TargetNearestDistance 50
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/script c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAP in use on %t ('..c..')',"PARTY")
I've managed to create similiar macros, it's more than 255 symbols long so you'll need to create 3 macroses:
Macros "SAP":
/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Sap"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton4
Macros "SAP2":
/script PickupAction(15); PickupAction(14);
/cleartarget
Macros "SAP3":
/click ActionButton3
/swapactionbar 1 2
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
/script c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAPing %t ('..c..')',"PARTY")
So what do you need for it to work: place macros "SAP" on your main bar, change current bar to 2, place macros "SAP2" in slot 2, and macros "SAP3" in slot 4.
How it works: if you have target, it won't deselect it and will attempt to SAP your target. If you don't have target then it will try to SAP anyone in the radius of 5/10yards(it checks your talants). Macros uses script functions that not avaible in combat, but i can assume that stealth=nocombat. If you happen to be in combat somehow macros will work but won't know the range to your enemy. Sapped enemy added to focus.

Another rogue usefull macroses:
Blind:
/stopattack
/focus [modifier:alt] party1target
/focus [modifier:shift]
/focus [target=focus,dead]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/stopmacro [modifier:ctrl]
/cast [target=focus] Blind
/p %f <Blind 10 sec>
Blind your focus without modifiers(the one who was saped in most cases), with modifier shift blinds your current target, with modifier alt blinds your party member target.
Poisons:
/use [modifier:alt,modifier:ctrl] Instant Poison VII;[modifier:alt] Crippling Poison;[modifier:ctrl] Mind-numbing Poison;[modifier:shift] Wound Poison V;Deadly Poison VII
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2]  17
All poisons in one slot, push modifiers(alt,ctrl,shift) to change poison, left click applies poison to main hand, right click applies poison to off hand.
Eat in stealth:
/use [modifier:alt] Underspore Pod
/use [modifier:ctrl] Conjured Croissant
/use [nomod:alt,nomod:ctrl]Conjured Mana Strudel
/stopcasting
/cast [nostealth] Stealth
Eats food in stealth, you can change food for modifiers if you want.
Evasion if you are target of you target(usefull only in PVE):
/cast First aid
/script n1=UnitName("player"); n2=UnitName("targettarget"); if (not n2 or not n1==n2) then DoTradeSkill(2); end
/cast First aid
/cast Evasion
/stopcasting
/cast Mutilate
Macros perfoms your primary attack ability and pops evasion if the target looks on you. This macros will work only if you stand in one place, if you move it have chance to fail. You also need some frostweave in your inventory. Change Mutilate to your primary ability.
Dismantle/Expose armor in one button:
#showtooltip Dismantle
/cast [nomod:shift] Expose Armor
/cast [mod:shift] Dismantle
Two actions in one button, tooltip always show cooldown for Dismantle. Click without modifiers casts Expose Armor, click with shift to cast Dismantle.
All finishers in one button:
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Rupture; [modifier:shift] Envenom; Eviscerate
Push modifiers to change ability.
Tricks of the Trade without selecting target:
/cast [target=Madcat] Tricks of the Trade
Change Madcat to your mage name or someone else.
Night Elf Vanish:
/cast [nomod:shift] Vanish
/cast [mod:shift, combat] Shadowmeld
/cast [mod:shift, nostance:1] Stealth
Clicking without modifiers uses vanish, with modifier shift it uses shadomeld+stealth. Note: you need to be standing in place to use Shadowmeld.

I've many other macroses in my arsenal, but they are not so interesting.

#2 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

Updated SAP macro to not target elementals, undeads, etc... You still need two other parts.
MACRO "SAP":
/script if not UnitExists("target") then te=0; else te=1; end; sn="Sap"; fn=IsSpellInRange
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton4

#3 Stuck

Stuck
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:47 AM

This should work if you need to make a macro longer than 255 characters:

SetBinding("1", [[MACRO 
    /console SET TargetNearestDistance 10
    /targetenemy [target=target, noexists]
    /console SET TargetNearestDistance 50
    /focus
    /cast Sap
    /stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
    /run c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAP in use on '..UnitName("target")..' ('..c..')', "PARTY")
]])
SaveBindings(GetCurrentBindingSet())

#4 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

255 symbols is not the only problem here, what this macros do: it pushes button3 on second page while script puts macros to this position if conditions are met. If i bind macros to a key, i'll unbind some action from this key(on main bar), and it's not good.

#5 Raju

Raju
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

Night Elf Vanish:

/cast [nomod:shift] Vanish
/cast [mod:shift, combat] Shadowmeld
/cast [mod:shift, nostance:1] Stealth
Clicking without modifiers uses vanish, with modifier shift it uses shadomeld+stealth. Note: you need to be standing in place to use Shadowmeld.

I've many other macroses in my arsenal, but they are not so interesting.

About this one.

I've been wondering for ages. Without the [combat] modifier and OOC
the following macro:

/cast !Shadowmeld
/cast !Stealth

will put you directly into stealth. Why won't it work when you are in combat and you have to tap it twice?

Is there any way around it?

#6 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Firstly i wanna say thanks dude :).

Sap marco works. But i have some problems:

1. I am used to have sap on the hoekey "E", however the marko only works with "5".
2. The marko spamms the sap massage without me sapping anyone. If i press the macro it just says that my target is sapped even if have my arena partner as my target.
3.It needs too clicks for one action (sap). My saps are slower this way ... If i get out of stealth suprisingly i have to click the macro once again to have my normal hotkeys.

Thanks in advance

#7 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Eat in stealth:
/use [modifier:alt] Underspore Pod
/use [modifier:ctrl] Conjured Croissant
/use [nomod:alt,nomod:ctrl]Conjured Mana Strudel
/stopcasting
/cast [nostealth] Stealth

Doesen't work for me. Every time i click this marko i am unstealthing. What am i doing wrong?

#8 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

Doesen't work for me. Every time i click this marko i am unstealthing. What am i doing wrong?

It's supposed to use food + stealth, when you don't have stealth buffed. For example you have 5k HP, then you sprint from your enemyes and click macros that will stealth you and use food.

1. I am used to have sap on the hoekey "E", however the marko only works with "5".

It should work with any keybinding. Don't know why it don't works for you.

2. The marko spamms the sap massage without me sapping anyone. If i press the macro it just says that my target is sapped even if have my arena partner as my target.

It's announces the target you gonna sap. If you don't need it - comment the "/script c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAPing %t ('..c..')',"PARTY")", so the line will look like
/script --c=UnitClass("target"); SendChatMessage('SAPing %t ('..c..')',"PARTY")

3.It needs too clicks for one action (sap). My saps are slower this way ...

It does all the actions in one click, anyway you need to spam it to SAP someone in stealth before he opens on you first.

If i get out of stealth suprisingly i have to click the macro once again to have my normal hotkeys.

It has nothing to do with macro, try turning off addons that causing this.

#9 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

What i meant is:

I press the marko once it swaps to bar 2 i press it twice it swaps back to bar 1. So if a mage novas me out of stealh and I'm currently at bar 2 I don't have my normal hotkeys unless i press the marko again (back to bar 1). IE the action needs too clicks. Any advice?

I got a working with "E" now :).

#10 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

It swaps to bar2 and then immedeatly back, you shouln't even notice this, as it's done in about 0.1 ms or even faster.
Maybe you have some code missed or you don't have SAP3 macro on ActionButton4 bar2.
Try making test macro and say me if it changes action bar for you:
/swapactionbar 1 2
/swapactionbar 1 2
Or you can even don't change bars if you have enough space on your stealth action bar, then it will look like:
SAP
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(82); PickupAction(83); end
/click ActionButton12
SAP2
/script PickupAction(83); PickupAction(82);
/cleartarget
SAP3
/click ActionButton11
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
Place SAP macros to any slot on your stealth bar, SAP2 macros to slot10, slot11 must be empty, place SAP3 macros to slot 12. Note that if you are using non standart UI for bars it can use non stealth bar. Or any other slots, but change the macros, so it will use correct buttons.
/click ActionButton - Number of button on your stealth bar.
/script PickupAction() - Number of button on your stealth bar + 72.

#11 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Thanks got it working now. I missplaced "sap3" on Actionbutton5 instead of 4.
I added /cleartarget on "sap3" and now it works realy nice thanks again^^.

#12 Cynic

Cynic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

What's the benefit of using this macro over a simpler one? ._.

such as this

#showtooltip Sap
/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
/cast [harm,nodead] Sap

imo blizzard did the right thing by responding to every question with ROGUES ARE SWASHBUCKLERS

i usually pet my front to the wall exposing my backside to everything

#13 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

combo breaker

#14 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

What's the benefit of using this macro over a simpler one? ._.
such as this
#showtooltip Sap
/console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
/cast [harm,nodead] Sap

Because there is no targetNearestDistance CVar since 3.0.1 anymore. Your macros would target enemyes 41 yards away from you.
My macro target only those enemyes(usually rogues or druids) that are in range of SAP(autodetecting if it's talanted), excluding totems, ghouls(you can't SAP them), etc...

#15 Iddqd

Iddqd
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

It swaps to bar2 and then immedeatly back, you shouln't even notice this, as it's done in about 0.1 ms or even faster.
Maybe you have some code missed or you don't have SAP3 macro on ActionButton4 bar2.
Try making test macro and say me if it changes action bar for you:

/swapactionbar 1 2
/swapactionbar 1 2
Or you can even don't change bars if you have enough space on your stealth action bar, then it will look like:
SAP
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(82); PickupAction(83); end
/click ActionButton12
SAP2
/script PickupAction(83); PickupAction(82);
/cleartarget
SAP3
/click ActionButton11
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
Place SAP macros to any slot on your stealth bar, SAP2 macros to slot10, slot11 must be empty, place SAP3 macros to slot 12. Note that if you are using non standart UI for bars it can use non stealth bar. Or any other slots, but change the macros, so it will use correct buttons.
/click ActionButton - Number of button on your stealth bar.
/script PickupAction() - Number of button on your stealth bar + 72.

I tried this and it seems to just be doing nothing. Every once in a while it'll pick up SAP2 and put it in slot 11, and then on the next press remove the macro from bars entirely. Either way it is not working. I'm using Bartender4 if it helps at all.

#16 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

I tried this and it seems to just be doing nothing. Every once in a while it'll pick up SAP2 and put it in slot 11, and then on the next press remove the macro from bars entirely. Either way it is not working. I'm using Bartender4 if it helps at all.

I haven't tested this macroses. After copying them into game it seems that game tryes to push abilities from non-stealth bar.
So what you can do:
1. Use macros with bar switch in the 1st post.
2. Or change this macros to something like this:
SAP:
/targetenemy [noexists]
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn)) then PickupAction(39); PickupAction(38); end
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
SAP2:
/script PickupAction(38); PickupAction(39);
/cleartarget
SAP3:
/click MultiBarLeftButton2
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
Place SAP wherever you want, SAP2 to MultiBarLeft button number 3, SAP3 to MultiBarLeft button number 1. MultiBarLeft button number 2 must be empty.

#17 tsdbhg

tsdbhg
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

I like what you have done, its very complicating, but it works out well.

Is there by chance any way to get the macro to detect if you have a focus target and ignore the focus target while spamming the macro looking for the stealther?

This would come especially handy against any team with 1 non stealth and 1 stealth and the stealth is standing on top of the non stealth.

I didn't think the macro you provided would ever exists again in its functionality, maybe you can devise a way to create what I am looking for?

#18 tsdbhg

tsdbhg
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

By the way, I was wondering. I know you said the macro was more than 255 characters long so you had to break it down to 3 macros.

Could you please link the macro in its entirety if you were make it into 1 macro. Thank you. :P

#19 Net

Net
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

By the way, I was wondering. I know you said the macro was more than 255 characters long so you had to break it down to 3 macros.

Could you please link the macro in its entirety if you were make it into 1 macro. Thank you. :P

I would also like to see a version of this macro made for "one" macro instead of three, as I am using a UI mod that allows for more than 255 characters to be in a macro. Trying to avoid the three macro approach, as I need the slots for other macros!

#20 MADCAT

MADCAT
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

I would also like to see a version of this macro made for "one" macro instead of three, as I am using a UI mod that allows for more than 255 characters to be in a macro. Trying to avoid the three macro approach, as I need the slots for other macros!

It can't be summed into one macro(it uses some functions that requre it to be separated), however it can be summed into 2:
Macros "SAP":
/targetenemy [noexists]
/swapactionbar 1 2
/click ActionButton3
/swapactionbar 1 2
/focus
/cast Sap
/stopmacro [noexists]
Macros "SAP2":
/script PickupAction(15); PickupAction(14);
/cleartarget
Can you post me name of the addon you are using for long macroses. It can come in handy for me. Thanks.

===

I like what you have done, its very complicating, but it works out well.

Is there by chance any way to get the macro to detect if you have a focus target and ignore the focus target while spamming the macro looking for the stealther?

This would come especially handy against any team with 1 non stealth and 1 stealth and the stealth is standing on top of the non stealth.

I didn't think the macro you provided would ever exists again in its functionality, maybe you can devise a way to create what I am looking for?

It will requre macro "SAP1" to exceed 255 character limit. All you need to do is to change the line:
to something like this:
/script if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn) or UnitName("target")==UnitName("focus")) then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end
This one would depend on your focus.
or something like this:
/script localizedClass, englishClass = UnitClass("target"); if te==0 and (fn(sn)==0 or not fn(sn) or not(englishClass=="ROGUE" or englishClass=="DRUID")) then PickupAction(14); PickupAction(15); end
This one will depend on enemy class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<