• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

Q. Is Pyrilus a nerd?
A. Yes, Pyrilus is a nerd.

Q. What's the new Hit Cap?
A. 4% base, with +2% (for a total of 6%) from racials versus certain races. This 2% is removable with +hit as of 3.0.8. You need 27 hit rating per 1% or 162 rating for 6%. -% To be hit talents cannot be mitigated in any way. (E.g. Rogue's Heightened Senses.)

Q. How much spell pen do I need?
You need 76 Spell Penetration to counter improved Mark of the Wild (54 untalented), 130 to counter priests Shadow Protection buff, and 140 to counter Mages with talented mage armor.

Engineers who have access to the +27 sp cloak enchant(me) or tailors with theirs:
1) 4x +25 pen gems in 4 blue sockets(100) + wand(35) = 135 spell pen. +5 additional pen
2) 3x +12 sp/+13 pen + 1x +25 pen in 4 blue sockets (64) + offhand(67) = 131 spell penetration. +1 additional pen
3) 2x +12 sp/+13 pen + 2x (two random gems)(26) + wand(35) + offhand(67) = 128 spell penetration. -2 additional pen
4)

12/13 in 8 gems gains 4 spell power & 4 pen over going 25x4 & 23x4.
12/13 x7 + 23 x1 = 126 pen (with wand) & 107 dmg
TLDR: 12/13 x7 & 23 x1 to max stats for engineers/tailors going staff.

For non-cloak enchant professions, using the cloak enchant in calculations is a must because there are no good dps cloak enchants(sad but true).
Professions without cloak enchants:
1) 4x +25 sp pen gems in 4 blue sockets(100) + cloak enchant(35) = 135 spell penetration. +5 additional pen
2) 3x +12 sp/+13 pen + 1x + 25 pen in 4 blue sockets(64) + wand(35) + cloak(35)= 134 spell penetration. +4 additional penetration
3) 2x +12 sp/+13 pen + 2x (two random gems)(26) + cloak(35) + offhand (67) = 128 spell penetration. -2 additional pen

Source: http://www.arenajunk...911#post1321911

Q. Salvation or Dominance?
A. Basically, it comes down to your use of Fel Armor versus Demon Armor. Typically you'll run Demon Armor a fair bit of the time, rendering your spirit largely useless. Ultimately, it is very situational where salvation is better than dominance. So, if you're on the fence, Dominance is the safer bet.

Q. What stats do pets inherit?
A. Currently a portion of spell damage, stamina, intellect, and spell hit. They do not get spell penetration, although it's slated for 3.1.2.

Q. What professions for PvP?
See: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=44302
-JC gets 3 prismatic gems, 27 vs the normal 16 of a stat. (Net gain of ~33.)
-BS gets 2 prismatic slots. (Net gain of ~32.)
-Eng gets Rocket Gloves or Hyperspeed Accelerators and the option of Gnomish Lightning Generator or Net-o-matic.
-Alch gets small potions usable in arenas.
-Herb gets a small hot (~2k over 5 seconds)
-Mining gets 50 Stam
-Skinning gets 32 Crit Rating
-LW gets a bracer fur lining (67 SP)
-Scribes get a shoulder inscription (61 SP, 15 Crit)

Q. What major glyphs should I use?
Listed alphabetically by section, your PvP choices are:
Frequently Chosen
  • Glyph of Corruption - You Corruption spell has a 4% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. This stacks with nightfall.
  • Glyph of Howl of Terror - Reduces the cooldown on your Howl of Terror spell by 8 sec.
  • Glyph of Unstable Affliction - Decreases the casting time of your Unstable Affliction by 0.2 sec.
  • Glyph of Conflagrate - Conflagrate no longer consumes Immolate or Shadowflame.
  • Glyph of Immolate - Increases the periodic damage of your Immolate by 10%. (Indirectly buffs Conflagrate)
  • Glyph of Shadowflame: Your Shadowflame also applies a 70% movement speed slow on its victims.
  • Glyph of Soul Link: Increases the percentage of damage shared via your Soul Link by an additional 5%.

Moderately Chosen
  • Glyph of Curse of Agony - Increases the duration of your Curse of Agony by 4 sec. This adds two middle-damage ticks.
  • Glyph of Healthstone - You receive 30% more healing from using a healthstone.
  • Glyph of Shadowburn - Increases the critical strike chance of Shadowburn by 20% when the target is below 35% health.
  • Glyph of Felhunter - When your felhunter uses Devour Magic, you will also be healed for that amount.
  • Glyph of Fear - Increases the damage your Fear target can take before the Fear effect is removed by 20%.
  • Glyph of Succubus: Redesigned to remove all damage-over-time effects from the target of Seduction.
  • Glyph of Chaos Bolt: Reduces the cooldown on Chaos Bolt by 2 seconds.
  • Glyph of Demonic Circle: Reduces the cooldown on Demonic Circle by 4 seconds.

Rarely or Never Chosen
  • Glyph of Death Coil - Increases the duration of your Death Coil by 0.5 sec.
  • Glyph of Felguard - Increases the Felguard's total attack power by 10%.
  • Glyph of Health Funnel - Increases the chance you'll resist spell interruption when channeling your Health Funnel spell by 100%.
  • Glyph of Imp - Increases the damage done by your Imp's Firebolt spell by 10%.
  • Glyph of Searing Pain - Increases the critical strike bonus of your Searing Pain by 20%. (Note: This is not +crit chance. A 1000 damage crit becomes 1200)
  • Glyph of Shadow Bolt - Reduces the mana cost of your Shadow Bolt by 10%.
  • Glyph of Voidwalker - Increases your Voidwalker's total Stamina by 20%.
  • Glyph of Banish - Increases the duration of your Banish by 5 sec. (Not sure if this extended 6 second banish of 3.1 back to 10 seconds.)
  • Glyph of Life Tap: When you use Life Tap, you gain 20% of your spirit as spell power for 20 seconds.
  • Glyph of Haunt: The bonus damage granted by your Haunt spell is increased by an additional 3%.

Q. What minor glyphs should I use?
Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion - Increases the range of your Curse of Exhaustion spell by 5 yards.

The rest are personal preference.

Q. How should I spec?
There's no one answer for this right now. http://www.arenajunk...alents/warlock/ has some talent specs and will be updated as people submit more.

Q. How should I gem?
There's a fair bit of discussion going on about that right now, but primarily for resilience. Second half of S5 there was a shift to gemming SP and now possibly Haste.
http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=55147

Q. What ratings/costs do I need for arena gear?
Note: Not yet updated for S6, even though some say 'Furious'.

HONOR + ARENA
Hateful Gladiator's _ Gloves: 31,600 HP
Hateful Gladiator's _ Shoulders: 31,600 HP
Hateful Gladiator's _ Legs: 49,600 HP
Hateful Gladiator's _ Helm: 49,600 HP
Hateful Gladiator's _ Chest: 49,600 HP

Rare PVP (res+other stat) Jewelcrafting designs available for 12 Stone keeper's Shards.
Rare PVP pre-cut Meta gems (stun/fear/silence resist or run speed + other stat) availble for 15 Stone Keeper's Shards.

EMBLEMS OF HEROISM (10 man raid & Heroic 5 man)
[Rare set. Vendor @ Dalaran, Magistrix Lambriesse]
Savage Gladiator's _ Gloves: 30 Heroism
Savage Gladiator's _ Shoulders: 30 Heroism
Savage Gladiator's _ Legs: 45 Heroism
Savage Gladiator's _ Helm: 45 Heroism
Savage Gladiator's _ Chest: 45 Heroism

EMBLEMS OF VALOR (25 man raid)
[Epic. Vendor @ Dalaran, Magister Brasael]
Hateful Gladiator's _ Gloves: 30 Valor
Hateful Gladiator's _ Shoulders: 30 Valor
Hateful Gladiator's _ Legs: 45 Valor
Hateful Gladiator's _ Helm: 45 Valor
Hateful Gladiator's _ Chest: 45 Valor

EMBLEMS OF CONQUEST (25 man raid)
[Epic. Vendor @ Dalaran, Magister Brasael]
Deadly Gladiator's _ Gloves: 30 Valor
Deadly Gladiator's _ Shoulders: 30 Valor
Deadly Gladiator's _ Legs: 45 Valor
Deadly Gladiator's _ Helm: 45 Valor
Deadly Gladiator's _ Chest: 45 Valor

ARENA S5 OFFSET
[Epic. Vendor @ Hall of Legends in Org, Doris Volanthius]
Battlemaster's Trinkets {1800 rating}: 49,600 HP
Deadly Gladiator's Cloak of _ {1750 rating}: 38,000 HP
Deadly Gladiator's Band of _ {1690 rating}: 38,000 HP
Deadly Gladiator's Pendant of _ {1600 rating}: 38,000 HP

ARENA S6 OFFSET
[Epic. Vendor @ Hall of Legends in Org, Doris Volanthius]
Battlemaster's Trinkets {1800 rating}: 62,000 HP
Furious Gladiator's Cloak of _ {1750 rating}: 47,400 HP
Furious Gladiator's Band of _ {1690 rating}: 47,400 HP
Furious Gladiator's Pendant of _ {1600 rating}: 47,400 HP

Uncommon PVP Resil/Spell Pen Jewelcrafting Designs: 1250 HP each

If you want something added or updated, PM me the changes. I don't check this thread often.
화이팅

#2 gagegg

gagegg
  • Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

Prob want to toss up specs/gemming/profs/glyphs.

#3 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

Glyph of Fear is better than Siphon Life I think for Healer/Lock 2s. I dunno if that bumps it up to a strong glyph or not but...
Also Felguard Glyph is getting buffed to 20% AP in 3.0.8 I think.
And Agony Glyph is supposedly getting changed to be a dps increase although I don't know the details

#4 gagegg

gagegg
  • Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

UA glyph is pretty ballin.

#5 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

Prob want to toss up specs/gemming/profs/glyphs.

I don't know that specs here would be particularly helpful. There's a lot of variability in them, and there's already http://www.arenajunk...alents/warlock/. I think I'll just link to that.

Right now I'm less concerned with glyph grouping (they'll probably just get explanations on what situations they're best in) and more concerned with content I don't have, confirmation of the profession things, and known bugs (including if they're being fixed and when).

I'll update more tomorrow.
화이팅

#6 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

Sticking :P

#7 gagegg

gagegg
  • Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

In terms of min/maxing I would remove the gathering ones and add enchanting to the list (more as an acceptable alternative, although it will not outperform blacksmithing).

#8 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Mmm, yeah, not quite sure I agree with SL being one of the strongest glyphs, I definitely think that Corr and HoT ones are the best choices.

Ultimately, like with talents, you should get what you use obviously. For me, that means using HoT usually when it's available to me.

#9 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

Yeah SL glyph has always seemed lackluster to me compared to other options.

HoT/Corr are the best by far for affliction and Corr is actually better for specs that don't have NF.

I'm def picking up Felhunter glyph to replace my fear glyph once the patch hits, however. The only reason I'm debating it is because of how squishy the Felhunter is but it might prove to be decent if it ever gets proper defensive scaling.

#10 Hiimleo

Hiimleo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

I'm def picking up Felhunter glyph to replace my fear glyph once the patch hits, however. The only reason I'm debating it is because of how squishy the Felhunter is but it might prove to be decent if it ever gets proper defensive scaling.

ive tried looking in the patch notes for the felpup glyph but couldnt find it..what is the change?
Posted Image

#11 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

it heals the warlock for the amount it heals the felhunter... so basically and 8 sec CD 1300 heal, not too shabby.

#12 Hiimleo

Hiimleo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

more then likely affected by MS but even so that seems very good.
aside from the Howl and Corruption glyph the 3rd seems to be based on spec or very minimal preference but like you said with some pet survivabilty(by some divine miracle) that glyph could be sick.
Posted Image

#13 Nelithar

Nelithar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

Nice FAQ, just one objection:
Glyph of Succubus - Increases the duration of your Succubus's Seduction by 3 sec.
Please create separate category called "Completely useless sh1z" and put it there. Because that's what it is (doesn't work in pvp).

#14 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Mmm, yeah, not quite sure I agree with SL being one of the strongest glyphs, I definitely think that Corr and HoT ones are the best choices.

Ultimately, like with talents, you should get what you use obviously. For me, that means using HoT usually when it's available to me.

hint hint: u are a Moderator <3

#15 **Grizzly

**Grizzly
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

it heals the warlock for the amount it heals the felhunter... so basically and 8 sec CD 1300 heal, not too shabby.

8 seconds...not counting dispel resists and requiring somebody to have magic buffs/debuffs, which isn't always the case.

It'll be nice, but I'm not sure if I want to replace fear glyph. The extra damage people take is pretty noticeable.

Also, you should definitly mention something about enchanting in the professions sections. 38 spell damage and disenchanting gear is realllllly nice for non min/maxing aspect.

#16 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

8 seconds...not counting dispel resists and requiring somebody to have magic buffs/debuffs, which isn't always the case.

It'll be nice, but I'm not sure if I want to replace fear glyph. The extra damage people take is pretty noticeable.

Also, you should definitly mention something about enchanting in the professions sections. 38 spell damage and disenchanting gear is realllllly nice for non min/maxing aspect.

I kinda like it. When i kite a dk for like 1 min now which i ussualy do before i kill them i will heal my self when devouring that shit slow. Pretty awesome
[16:09] maajty: wlp was the strongest setup
[16:09] maajty: after lsd

RPS 2.2k hero talking about s8

#17 Glickz

Glickz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2403
  • RBG: 1806

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

glyph of hoT is our best glyph assuming youre haunt imo. glyph section is too subjective arggg

#18 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, like I said I'm going to just change it to give explanations on where it's useful and let people make their own decisions.
화이팅

#19 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

Get to it!!

HoT = strongest as haunt

Corr = second strongest but def the strongest as any spec that doesn't have NF already.

SL really isn't that good since there are better options.

#20 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

I changed it to how frequently they're chosen since strength varies too much based on comp, bracket, and spec.

Y/N?

Frankly if you all get a good glyph discussion thread (or make a solid glyph FAQ), I'd just as soon link to that, too.
화이팅

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<