#161 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

the nerf to vile is fine, I didn't even have it before the nerf (ruthlessness is just too good).

Thats shocking ! U prefered ruthlessness over vile before patch? 30% more posion dmg plus dispell resist thats crazy oO

#162 Ultimus

Ultimus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

IMO they should change deadly brew to only affect shiv. Applying 2 poisons with 1 shiv is pretty fucking sweet by any normal standards. Any rogue who is not completely spoiled from the currently retarded state of poisons will realize this would make the game better.

Crip on offhand would proc crip from auto attacks and mindnumbing+crip on shiv. Wound would proc wound from auto attacks and wound+crip on shiv. Deadly would proc instant poison from shiv... you get the point.
"All you can do is bleed."

#163 Bobblehead

Bobblehead
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Terenas
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

Poisons are currently horrible again for the most part, if the team has a druid pally or shaman, and the team has any ability that can slow you whatsoever your poisons are gone and so are they. They nerfed poisons the wrong way, we need them to not be so easily dispelled, but to have a lower proc rate. Also what i would change to deadly brew is to make it work with all the poisons it currently does not, to give us some added damage to heavy armor targets, and just keep mind numbing and anesthetic off it.
Lol Mutiprep

#164 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

Poisons are currently horrible again for the most part, if the team has a druid pally or shaman, and the team has any ability that can slow you whatsoever your poisons are gone and so are they. They nerfed poisons the wrong way, we need them to not be so easily dispelled, but to have a lower proc rate. Also what i would change to deadly brew is to make it work with all the poisons it currently does not, to give us some added damage to heavy armor targets, and just keep mind numbing and anesthetic off it.

lower procc rate is just more rng, which isn't exactly optimal.

and wound already does more dmg than every other poison if you're pvp specced, and I highly doubt envenom would be worth it over just letting it tick and rupture/evisc.

#165 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

I haven't had a problem keeping poisons up against any class but druids, and it's still not a huge problem against druids, just a little annoying.

The only thing that's changed is if you get peeled for 3 globals a class with a dispel has a chance to get away.. That's pretty reasonable.

#166 Bobblehead

Bobblehead
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Terenas
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ok to be fair when i posted that had just fought druid/survival hunter and was rather annoyed to say the least lol.
Lol Mutiprep

#167 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Yeah like I said druids are rough but tolerable. Hunters in general, especially Surv, have so many ways to get away while abolish ticks or peel when you're on their druid. It's kind of a lose/lose.

#168 Namina

Namina
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

I feel that it's too easy to get away at the moment. If you face a druid/shaman/paladin coupled with some kind of DPS you're pretty much forced into toe to toe with their warrior/DK since one single stun/snare and the healer is gone forever. I'm not saying that this didn't happen before, but right now it's way too easy.

If you face a good warrior+shaman, the shaman won't do anything but spamming down poisontotems, just to keep poisons off him. When he's brought below 50% hp, the warrior will just intercept me and hamstring me. The crippling is removed instantly or 2 seconds after, dependsing on how much luck I have, and the shaman got 1 second to gain distance, which is my best case scenario.

If the shaman is good at staying away I will NEVER get close to him again that game so that leaves me with one option, toe to toe against a warrior with unlimited rage because of my beating and windfury.

I believe that rogues are imba, I really do. But that doesn't exclude us having flaws. We're too good at locking down people if we're untouched, but we rely way too much on poisons. I would gladly trade away our burst for more control.

#169 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

If the shaman is good at staying away I will NEVER get close to him again that game so that leaves me with one option, toe to toe against a warrior with unlimited rage because of my beating and windfury.

while I in general agree with your post, warriors do not get extra rage from windfury anymore.

#170 Arete

Arete
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Duskwood
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1873
  • 3v3: 2311
  • RBG: 1646

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Poisons are currently pretty awful vs dispel teams - i have tried the strategy of keeping deadly poison up to protect wound and crippling but it's largely ineffective since my partner(and myself) will be in much higher danger without being able to reliably use gouge - so, it's a tradeoff to accept, but I didn't really see a significant difference when specced for vile poisons and keeping 5 stacks up - this is mostly a problem against plate and mail classes

#171 wmd221

wmd221
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1606

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

while I in general agree with your post, warriors do not get extra rage from windfury anymore.

Uh, haste = rage generation.

#172 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

rage has been normalized ages ago, which means haste does NOT increase rage generation.

#173 dealeos

dealeos
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

It's still good with insane poison procs (50%)... And with muti, We always get 5 cp's anyway. Only way I think Ruthlessness is better is with cp from finisher, gouge, muti --> 5 cp's. But with the state of arenas nowadays, I'd go with burst.

Official Blizzard Quote:

the PvP guy goes like "Hey this kind of screws PvP," we're like "shut up, PvP guy!"

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<