#21 manaburn

manaburn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

This really ruins shadow dance/shadowstep hemo rogues even more...

#22 Naamari

Naamari
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

you forgot to mention the 1 in 3 chance to get off the wound, and also forget to mention with a 50% proc rate the window to get off a burst heal is very small. why shouldn't warlocks be upset? the main reason they are not viable right now is because of how stupid deadly brew is...

so you're saying its deadly brew's fault warlocks are bad in arena? like having less armor than at 70 and crap burst dmg?

even if they nerf deadly brew i bet people find some other stuff to cry about rogues, it will never stop

#23 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

you forgot to mention the 1 in 3 chance to get off the wound, and also forget to mention with a 50% proc rate the window to get off a burst heal is very small. why shouldn't warlocks be upset? the main reason they are not viable right now is because of how stupid deadly brew is...

Yes it is a 33% chance and yes the window is small, that said it is still a very viable tactic now and I think that before any more sweeping nerfs are given out the current ones should be played out.

I honestly don't see where you are going by saying that deadly brew is the reason that warlocks aren't viable.

#24 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

This really ruins shadow dance/shadowstep hemo rogues even more...

This is exactly what I was thinking, with only 2 possible poisons (compared to 5 wound+crippling from BC) any non mutilate spec is going to have one hell of a time keeping any poison at all on their target.

#25 Jarth

Jarth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking, with only 2 possible poisons (compared to 5 wound+crippling from BC) any non mutilate spec is going to have one hell of a time keeping any poison at all on their target.

oh hi

am i doing this right horrible?

#26 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

ROFL, I like how the talent is now not useful for any situation unless you use deadly poisons in arena.

#27 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

Why are AJ forums getting as bad as the wow pvp forums =/

Oh god, people are disagreeing with you with supported reasoning, and you don't like it!

Craton is far from trolling.

#28 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

Oh god, people are disagreeing with you with supported reasoning, and you don't like it!

Craton is far from trolling.

Craton isn't but Jrmint certainly is.

#29 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

While i may agree that rogue poisons are too strong you are forgetting about most important part: Mutilate does 50% less damage without poisons on target. Imagine what will happen if poisons are easily removed. Its a big nerf.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#30 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

While i may agree that rogue poisons are too strong you are forgetting about most important part: Mutilate does 50% less damage without poisons on target. Imagine what will happen if poisons are easily removed. Its a big nerf.

With the 50% application rate you shouldn't have a problem keeping your poisons on someone while you are attacking them. The second that you get peeled it will get ugly though.

#31 Emeilia

Emeilia
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1104

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

Why are you immediately getting so defensive? I was just stating the results of this change, we will see how it plays out.

Why should rogue snare/ms be easily removable but not hunter/warrior?

Rogue snares will still be hard to get off with Deadly brew :P

#32 Shadowfriend

Shadowfriend
  • Sflol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Why are you immediately getting so defensive? I was just stating the results of this change, we will see how it plays out.

Why should rogue snare/ms be easily removable but not hunter/warrior?

Because Crippling Poison is the strongest consistent snare in the game, and let's be honest. With Deadly Brew 50% of ALL YOUR HITS proc Crippling Poison, barring resists.

The change is fine tbh. I'd prefer it tenfold if ALL dispel resistance was removed, but whatever.

Official Blizzard Quote:

shadowfriend i bet ur shadow is the only friend u knows o i hope the sun comes to tomorrow and do u dred nights 4 there is shadow o bet u get lonely at 10pm BOO

#33 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

looks like a dk buff imo. One death grip and all poisons are removed, 3 cheers for facerollin

#34 yesmur

yesmur
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

^true story.

#35 sck1

sck1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

I really find it absolutely hilarious that rogues are up in arms about poisons being dispellable. God forbid your healing debuff/snare have some sort of weakness and not be up 100% of the time.

You commit absolutely zero extra resources/time to putting them up whereas warriors have to deal with the constant parry/dodging/falling of MS and low proc rate of FA, while hunters having their healing debuff los'd and fall off from being pillard.

Sorry but there should be zero sympathy for the class with THE best healing debuff and THE best snare in the game just because it's no longer going to be 100% present on your target of choice.

#36 Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Why shouldn't mutilate rogues have the "best snare" in the game (even though it really isn't) when we have the worst mobility of any melee class.

The penalty for our poisons having such low resources / time to put up is the fact that 3/4 healers can remove it. What is so hard to understand about this? I would gladly trade crip poison procs on autoattacks for an undispellable snare any day of the week.

Mutilate rogues will be completely worthless 30 seconds into an arena match now and all other specs will be worthless (outside of gib comps) once the gates open. The longer that arena matches go the weaker rogues will become and we are already near the bottom of representation in the SK top 100 with matches lasting 10 seconds. Go figure.

#37 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

I really find it absolutely hilarious that rogues are up in arms about poisons being dispellable. God forbid your healing debuff/snare have some sort of weakness and not be up 100% of the time.

You commit absolutely zero extra resources/time to putting them up whereas warriors have to deal with the constant parry/dodging/falling of MS and low proc rate of FA, while hunters having their healing debuff los'd and fall off from being pillard.

Sorry but there should be zero sympathy for the class with THE best healing debuff and THE best snare in the game just because it's no longer going to be 100% present on your target of choice.

its dumb posts like this that pisses people off:)

#38 sck1

sck1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

the truth hurts sometimes, you'll get over it :)

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

its dumb posts like this that pisses people off:)

Its a perfectly sensible post..?
Poison proc rates are definitely too high :/
Theres almost no point in using shiv

And as for the dispelling, right now healers can't dispel it, and it has at least a 50-75% uptime right now off your opener

#40 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Its a perfectly sensible post..?
Poison proc rates are definitely too high :/
Theres almost no point in using shiv

parts of it is sensible, but saying our snare and healing debuff is the best is a lie.

What I dont understand is

just because it's no longer going to be 100% present on your target of choice.

why shouldnt it be?

I agree also having CoT up by default is dumb as hell, but a snare and a healing debuff when we are on our target sounds fair to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<