• US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1606

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

Yeh just posted on mmo-champion.

Assassination

* Vile Poisons now gives your damage over time poisons an additional 10/20/30% chance to resist dispel effects. (Old - Affected all poisons)

#2 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

seems fine with the proc rate being so insanely high.

#3 Shyter

Shyter
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

FUCK YEAH, DISPELL RESISTANCE FOR DEADLY POISON!!

But now at least it won't take 3GCD to dispell frost nova on me, just go get in another from barrier shatter :<

#4 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:21 AM

Shift the points to ruthlessness now.

Its about time they made ruthlessness 100% at 3 points though, someone should go start a super long thread in the damage dealers forum about it.
Dont flame me I burn easily.

#5 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

seems fine with the proc rate being so insanely high.

Except that now if you are peeled for 3 seconds your poisons are entirely gone and your target is going to get fully healed by ridiculous healer burst.

#6 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:14 AM

Except that now if you are peeled for 3 seconds your poisons are entirely gone and your target is going to get fully healed by ridiculous healer burst.

Yeah, poison removal/healers need nerfs. Signed.

#7 Nooblett

Nooblett
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:14 AM

Good stuff, the proc rate is still waaaay too high though

#8 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

God forbid poisons actually get removed versus a mutilate rogue.
화이팅

#9 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

God forbid poisons actually get removed versus a mutilate rogue.

Why are you immediately getting so defensive? I was just stating the results of this change, we will see how it plays out.

Why should rogue snare/ms be easily removable but not hunter/warrior?

#10 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

Can't help but wonder if Horrible knew I was being sarcastic. I'm curious how removing 3 poisons and healing a person to full in 3 seconds is a fair way to "just state the results of this change".

#11 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

it doesnt matter...w/ deadly brew and 50% proc rate this wont really change a thing. they need to nerf those two things so hard its not even funny.

I am just curious...how does if feel to not even need Shiv on your bar anymore? It was this great move blizz gave rogues in TBC and then decided to make their poisons so ridiculously op that this move is not even needed anymore

#12 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Why are you immediately getting so defensive? I was just stating the results of this change, we will see how it plays out.

seriously...stfu

#13 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:08 AM

Shift the points to ruthlessness now.

Its about time they made ruthlessness 100% at 3 points though, someone should go start a super long thread in the damage dealers forum about it.

you really just want your class to be the best in the game hands down dont you? you are the one that combs these forums defending 50% proc and deadly brew as if its not one of the most retardedly overpower combinations in the game right now. I bet you and ming would get along great

#14 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

stop trolling bro, seriously, not needed.

#15 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

lmao, lock invasion. seriously tho, we know deadly brew and 50% poison proc rate is dumb as hell.

#16 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

Your situation isn't plausible at all. To remove 3 poisons you need either 3 ticks of a poison cleansing totem (10 seconds from first removal), 3 tick of abolish poison (4 seconds from time of cast), or 3 GCD (4.5 seconds from time of first cast to end of GCD). So, not only is it impossible to remove three poisons in three seconds, it's also impossible to do a full heal in that same time span unless you have multiple healers.

Additionally, with all the talents a mutilate rogue has to increase poison applicate rate, you need but attack a target briefly to instantly get all three poisons back up.

Not every team can even dispel poisons, and only druids have an effective poison removal mechanism.

Finally, Warriors and Hunters don't also have a snare and casting slow added everytime they press Mortal Strike or Aimed shot. Rogues have better defenses than either of them and more control of a fight than either. Rogues are not Warriors or Hunters.

This has a small chance of actually bringing Deadly Brew to a more reasonable state.

lmao, lock invasion. seriously tho, we know deadly brew and 50% poison proc rate is dumb as hell.

You betcha.
화이팅

#17 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

Your situation isn't plausible at all. To remove 3 poisons you need either 3 ticks of a poison cleansing totem (10 seconds from first removal), 3 tick of abolish poison (4 seconds from time of cast), or 3 GCD (4.5 seconds from time of first cast to end of GCD). So, not only is it impossible to remove three poisons in three seconds, it's also impossible to do a full heal in that same time span unless you have multiple healers.

Additionally, with all the talents a mutilate rogue has to increase poison applicate rate, you need but attack a target briefly to instantly get all three poisons back up.

Not every team can even dispel poisons, and only druids have an effective poison removal mechanism.

Finally, Warriors and Hunters don't also have a snare and casting slow added everytime they press Mortal Strike or Aimed shot. Rogues have better defenses than either of them and more control of a fight than either. Rogues are not Warriors or Hunters.

This has a small chance of actually bringing Deadly Brew to a more reasonable state.

You betcha.

You don't have to remove every poison effect, one global can be enough to remove the healing debuff, this gives you the chance to use your burst healing (swiftmend/riptide/holy shock/(sorry priests))

You can put poisons back up very fast but my point was that it only takes one global without wound to get in a nice burst heal, with no dispel resist this will become much easier.

I honestly don't get why all of these warlocks are trolling a post about a rogue change. I get it, warlocks are bad, that doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Poison application could probably use a small nerf but doing anything overboard this soon in the season would just be a mistake.

Why are AJ forums getting as bad as the wow pvp forums =/

[email protected] also

#18 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

was thinking here, how bout keeping the proc rate at 50% but adding an internal cd on poison procs or something? somewhere between 5-10 seconds.

thoughts?

oh and to the above poster, we have better control vs casters then warriors/hunters, vs physical dps were pretty weak when our cds are forced.

#19 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1962
  • 3v3: 2325
  • 5v5: 2126
  • RBG: 1790

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

You don't have to remove every poison effect, one global can be enough to remove the healing debuff, this gives you the chance to use your burst healing (swiftmend/riptide/holy shock/(sorry priests))

You can put poisons back up very fast but my point was that it only takes one global without wound to get in a nice burst heal, with no dispel resist this will become much easier.

I honestly don't get why all of these warlocks are trolling a post about a rogue change. I get it, warlocks are bad, that doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Poison application could probably use a small nerf but doing anything overboard this soon in the season would just be a mistake.

Why are AJ forums getting as bad as the wow pvp forums =/

[email protected] also

you forgot to mention the 1 in 3 chance to get off the wound, and also forget to mention with a 50% proc rate the window to get off a burst heal is very small. why shouldn't warlocks be upset? the main reason they are not viable right now is because of how stupid deadly brew is...

#20 Hiimleo

Hiimleo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

[quote name='emerald']was thinking here, how bout keeping the proc rate at 50% but adding an internal cd on poison procs or something? somewhere between 5-10 seconds.
QUOTE]

thats interesting and sounds good on paper..but would be need some serious testing in an arena environment.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<