Photo

Arcane: Totally legit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#121 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

There are many more Frost than Arcane Mages in the SK-100.

Whilst I very much agree with what you've said. I just want to point out that this statement is right, solely because most very good Mages from previous seasons stayed Frost spec, rather than switching to Arc.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#122 Demetrious

Demetrious

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

I disagree, because there are many situations in which Frost is superior to Arcane, not least of which is Mage/Rogue vs. Holy Pally/DK. I wouldn't credit it purely to stubbornness, particularly on the basis of nothing but empirical evidence.

#123 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

There are many more Frost than Arcane Mages in the SK-100. The specs are at least equal in strength, if not slightly favoring Frost. Ergo, you can be equally successful with either one. It's just a question of whether you want training wheels or not.

I'd recommend not using them, because there's a pretty good chance that the nerfbat is going to swing the pendulum even further towards Frost. And you can have a little self-respect.

SK-100 representation is in no way convincing evidence. How many of those frost mages never even tried Arcane, or decided to not stick with it because of ridiculous peer pressure like you're trying to apply instead of judging which is the better spec?

Furthermore, let's say hypothetically I'm a knuckle dragging retard. I'm a 1400 mage. I spec arcane and now I'm 1700. That's pretty much the definition of a better spec in my book. Are you going to say that doesn't happen?

Ultimately you're convinced that frost is >= arcane, I'm convinced that the opposite is true. That's the heart of the disagreement I think.

I have more than a little self respect when it comes to my spec decisions. I'm very confident that I choose my spec in a much more logical method than you're capable of.

#124 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

Are people really questioning whether Frost is harder to play than Arcane?

Arcane doesn't have a "unique playstyle", you just mash your 12 or so keybinds and hope to kill something. It shrinks the space of the game.

Who or what are you responding to here? I don't see anybody questioning whether Frost is harder to play than Arcane. I do question your reading comprehension.

#125 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

No matter what a frost mage does, he can't do 18k damage in 2 globals. The fact that arcane can in itself is fucking retarded. I don't care how long your cooldowns are, you shouldn't be able to do that on demand every 2 minutes if both your abilities crit.
Posted Image

#126 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

No matter what a frost mage does, he can't do 18k damage in 2 globals. The fact that arcane can in itself is fucking retarded. I don't care how long your cooldowns are, you shouldn't be able to do that on demand every 2 minutes if both your abilities crit.

Totally agree. What's your point?

#127 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

That arcane is broken. Overstated point, not really relevant to the discussion, I just felt like posting it.
Posted Image

#128 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Arcane is pretty clearly a superior spec in many comps / matchups. If you don't accept that as true then I agree that it would make sense to criticize people for playing the similar but more shallow spec. I disagree with the statement that frost and arcane are similar in power in all cases. Spec to win.

On behalf of [most] of Arena Junkies:

DURR HURR

Obviously an overpowered spec would be superior in many situations.

Jesus fuck how is this thread not locked from the utter stupidity. It's Ret deja vu from 3.0.
화이팅

#129 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

And OBVIOUSLY all these people looking down on arcane mages and judging arcane mages are in fact retards/tools. There's nothing wrong with speccing to win. Your problem lies with the devs, not the arcane mages. Don't hate the player hate the game. Dunno how much more obvious I can make it that I'm completely right that you're (not necessarily Craton, this statement only applies to those that it applies to, I'll let you the reader be the judge of whether it applies to you) a dumbass/tool for looking down on arcane mages.

#130 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

There's nothing wrong with speccing to win.

true, and as long as you admit that you're using playing an overpowered and retard friendly spec, there's nothing to argue about
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#131 igrek312

igrek312
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nordrassil
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

I spec arcane as an off-off-spec when I'm not raiding nor doing arena. :)

#132 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

play against competent melees and you will get shit on as an arcane mage.
Demetrious is right in the end, frost is capable of more than arcane.

Still I'm not playing like Picasso when kids playing with mud can beat me oh so easily, as I said :)
Arcane is more fun to me because Frost can be very annoying even playing against retards. that doesn't mean I am too bad for it. end of story

#133 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

How can it not feel like cheating when you win with Arcane's massive, instant burst?

#134 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

How can it not feel like cheating when you win with Arcane's massive, instant burst?

rogues killing me in three globals
ferals doing 12,5k ferocious bites
dk's facerolling to win
hunters facerolling, or just sending their pet to kill you
TG warriors killing me in the blink of an eye

I feel pretty good you know

#135 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

CAN AN ADMIN PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

This thread is going no where and arguing over a certain spec being OP or easy to play is just stupid.
ema

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<