Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

http://thottbot.com/...Kc01//esngCSLUV

I go into blood for the extra survivability + 5% more crit. Having someone heal you for 4% every hit is amazing. I go deep enough into unholy for all the good talents basically, including scourge strike, bone shield, and a third disease. This spec gives a lot of survivability and also a lot of burst because of scourge strike and reaping. Anti-magic zone is very good to have also. I put 3 points into desecration because I find that using chains of ice then plague strike is a really good way to stick on someone, while it keeps your rune usage balanced for a double scourge strike next cd.

#2 Kmahnke93

Kmahnke93
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

There are a couple problems if this is a battleground or general pvp spec but terrabad arena spec.
Lets start off with night of the dead. WHAT? This is only useful in pve and still only in raids, chuck that, Why did you spec into 2% dodge, why not outbreak. also I say you should put the two from 2hand wep spec into blade barrier, the parry will proc almost every time and the 4% more isnt worth it.

#3 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Night of the dead... Your ghoul is a good dps addition and has a nice stun on a short cooldown. Being able to keep him up almost all the time is very good. Better then any other 2 point talent imo. Most classes can 3 shot them so it will be nice to be able to quickly have a new one. I guess it is better to do outbreak then dodge, didn't really look at that part. I don't think blade barrier is worth it at all, 4% damage is better then a situational 4% parry.

#4 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

and how is this a bad arena spec? You have most of the survivability talents other then lichborne, and you have great damage against all types of armor because many of your damaging attacks are magic based.

#5 Kmahnke93

Kmahnke93
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Night of the dead is horribad, you have to use atleast 10 plague strikes for you to be able to summon another undead, and if your in arena, why would you need to summon another one if it lasts forever.

#6 Kusavoles

Kusavoles
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Actually Night of the dead is very useful for most comps, I played extensively in the Beta as DK/RET go figure, to 2k+ and having your ghoul down is not only a large dps decrease, but as well to keep people in combat, your ghoul must be up at all times, to skip that talent in an unholy arena spec is teribad......

#7 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

NotD is a MUST for unholy pvp specs. The ghoul is squishy, and it's far too important to not have it out.

#8 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

Night of the dead is horribad, you have to use atleast 10 plague strikes for you to be able to summon another undead, and if your in arena, why would you need to summon another one if it lasts forever.

um it's also scourge strikes, which generally I'll use atleast 10 per minute. (every other rotation my blood runes will be death runes to use on this)...... and the ghoul does not last forever, I said that it dies pretty easily, in like 3 shots.

#9 Stabby

Stabby

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

I don't think blade barrier is worth it at all, 4% damage is better then a situational 4% parry.

have you forgotten about rune strike? fucker hits like a truck and procs every dodge or parry, ill take that 4%
What did the 5 fingers say to the face??
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

have you forgotten about rune strike? fucker hits like a truck and procs every dodge or parry, ill take that 4%

its being nerfed next patch, and between expertise and not everyone being melee it's so situational it's not worth it.

#11 Stabby

Stabby

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

.........GAY!!!!! why do they have to nerf all the good skills </3
and you post a link showing all they are doing to DKs???
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Bichote

Bichote
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

Am just saying, but wouldnt unholy aura be better than dirge since DK's mostly lack mobility and this provides it better than a little bit more runic power.

#13 Stabby

Stabby

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

unholy aura waste of talents imo
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

Am just saying, but wouldnt unholy aura be better than dirge since DK's mostly lack mobility and this provides it better than a little bit more runic power.

For pvp you use unholy presence, which gives yourself 15% movement speed anyways, and costs no talents :)

#15 Bichote

Bichote
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

O.... still say those 2 points can be better spent than 5 additional runic power =P

#16 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

O.... still say those 2 points can be better spent than 5 additional runic power =P

The extra 5 runic power per strike is very good, tons of survival moves need runic power to use, and it's important to generate it as fast as possible. This talent gives you around an EXTRA 15 every 10 seconds, which is very good.

#17 kenetik

kenetik
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

can i get some feedback on this spec i made up?

http://www.worldofwa...050001203103100

#18 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

can i get some feedback on this spec i made up?

http://www.worldofwa...050001203103100

basically you give up your ghoul for 10% attack power? I don't think that's worth it, the ghoul is a very valuable asset to an unholy dk.

#19 Bichote

Bichote
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

I dont like it very much either. No reaping or outbreak, which I find are very nice.

#20 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

and the changes coming up, the ghoul sacrifice gives FORTY PERCENT health, that is so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<