#1 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

I've been unholy since 55, but due to the lame wintergrasp bug, I want to respec for a while so I don't get screwed by the shadow of death bug.  The other guild DK is frost for life and I played as frost a lot on beta, so I figured I'd give blood a try.

I want a spec that I can world pvp, bg, and wintergrasp with without gimping myself for heroics.  Is the standard 51/13/7 the way to go?  Is it feasable to drop a point for lichborne without gimping pve rotations?  Bloodworms worth it?  I haven't really messed with blood yet, so I'd just like to hear some opinions.

I was thinking http://www.wowhead.c...sbotzAohg0zbZfM maybe.

#2 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Dynimight said:

I've been unholy since 55, but due to the lame wintergrasp bug, I want to respec for a while so I don't get screwed by the shadow of death bug.  The other guild DK is frost for life and I played as frost a lot on beta, so I figured I'd give blood a try.

I want a spec that I can world pvp, bg, and wintergrasp with without gimping myself for heroics.  Is the standard 51/13/7 the way to go?  Is it feasable to drop a point for lichborne without gimping pve rotations?  Bloodworms worth it?  I haven't really messed with blood yet, so I'd just like to hear some opinions.

I was thinking http://www.wowhead.c...sbotzAohg0zbZfM maybe.

http://www.wowhead.c...bRtzhZhg0zhZfMM

Thats my build, still does a lot of damage, lots of survivability and anti-CC talents ( only difference with this spec and an arena spec, is 3 points in blood going to 3/3 Virulence ). Heroics arent hard, and tbh as long as you understand the concept of dpsing as a dk then your damage wont suffer. Blood worms suck in my opinion, your better off picking up something else.

P.S. Always get 3/3 annihilation.

#3 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the comments.  I'll probably give a build like that a try pretty soon.  Why blood aura though?  It seems like such a miniscule amount of healing.

#4 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

Dynimight said:

Thanks for the comments.  I'll probably give a build like that a try pretty soon.  Why blood aura though?  It seems like such a miniscule amount of healing.

I suppose you dont need to get it, its filler points, so its personal preference. Its decent for PvE as a healing buff for any damage classes, even though its usefulness is slim.

http://www.wowhead.c...botzhZhg0zhZfMG

That will most likely be my arena spec.

#5 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:27 AM

I also put together this spec as well.

http://www.wowhead.c...botzAZhg0zhZf0M

More pvp based, but gaining extra damage.

EDIT: After some more fooling around, I came up with this spec as well.

http://www.wowhead.c...bopzhZhg0tI0d0M

Its hard for me to spec out of the key talents in unholy, but after looking at some of the frost talents you pick up you really do gain lots of benefits for the loss in unholy or going deeper into blood.

The haste effect is a bonus and is more of filler talents, the extra RP / obliterating generating 5 more RP & free crit obliterate is a great bonus for fillers.

The biggest thing you gain that puts them all together is endless winter, the fact that my chains of ice will add frost fever is huge since I am so restricted in how I use my frost runes in pvp. This adds the extra disease and still slows the target, making it harder to dispell both and giving a double bonus for heart strike ( giving the disease bonus damage as well as the 20% increased damage to a snared target [ glyph of blood strike ] ), as well as making icy talons up with only using 1 frost rune.

Im not totally sure at this point, Ill have to try the spec out.

#6 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

I wish so badly that endless winter was more easily accessed because it really does solve one of our biggest issues in pvp.  The second build you listed is pretty interesting, but neglecting blood gorged is such a huge damage loss.  Endless winter should switch with glacier rot imo >:)

#7 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Dynimight said:

I wish so badly that endless winter was more easily accessed because it really does solve one of our biggest issues in pvp.  The second build you listed is pretty interesting, but neglecting blood gorged is such a huge damage loss.  Endless winter should switch with glacier rot imo >:)

Ive learned to deal without blood gorged in pvp, I still do loads of damage. From a pve perspective though it def is a huge damage loss.

Ive been messing around with that spec for the past couple of days, and I am actually starting to enjoy it. All of the talents in frost all mesh together, as well as benefiting a big problem for deep blood.

Chains of Ice -> Icy Talons / frost fever
Chains of Ice / obliterate -> 5 extra RP
Mind freeze -> zero RP cost
2 minute obliterate crit

Its fun, the only rough part is ever going against a resto shaman / holy/disc priest, they heal you to death :[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<