#21 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Any particular reason the Wintergrasp Resilience shoulder enchant is left out, would have thought that's pretty desirable considering how hard it is to get res at the start.

oversight. fixed it.

#22 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:15 AM

After a claim by Arete that Berserking is non-removable I decided to test it, and it's unfortunately true.

tl;dr berserking buff cannot be removed so you're stuck with the -% armor debuff for the duration. I'll leave berserking up in the weapon enchants section for now, but it's not a viable arena enchant imo.

#23 Omgalinka

Omgalinka

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Why not to add surefooted enchant?;p
10 crit and 10 hit it gives is still better then any wotlk enchant unless you are pvp hit capped.

#24 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

Why not to add surefooted enchant?;p
10 crit and 10 hit it gives is still better then any wotlk enchant unless you are pvp hit capped.

Another oversight, but if you're looking for hit to boots the LK equivalent is Icewalker. Added it.

#25 Coffeecoco

Coffeecoco
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dreadmaul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

Another oversight, but if you're looking for hit to boots the LK equivalent is Icewalker. Added it.

Lol wtf 2 more hit and crit on the WOTLK version than the BC............ nice itemisation Blizz.

#26 Xandos

Xandos
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

Since it was concluded that the PvE miss rate on raid bosses was now 8% special and 27% DW would it be safe to assume that these changes would also be reflected for lvl 80 players? (4% for specials?)

#27 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Since it was concluded that the PvE miss rate on raid bosses was now 8% special and 27% DW would it be safe to assume that these changes would also be reflected for lvl 80 players? (4% for specials?)

That's what I believed, and mentioned in another thread, but drumbum informed me that it's not applicable to pvp. Haven't personally tested it myself but I trust the source.

#28 Dwagho

Dwagho
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

The resilience chest enchant doesn't exist in game. Sucks because I bought the mats for it. :(

#29 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Mongoose is still good btw:)

#30 Nèss1296679208

Nèss1296679208
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

How about Berserker now as a viable enchant for pvp? They reduced the armor reduce from 25% to 5%. Even though I think as soon as everybody gets more used to using dismantle you should have a weapon chain. But I will probably stay with Berserking on my mainhand, probably will be using my offhand with Berserker on it against teams w/o rogues/warr.

#31 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

How about Berserker now as a viable enchant for pvp? They reduced the armor reduce from 25% to 5%. Even though I think as soon as everybody gets more used to using dismantle you should have a weapon chain. But I will probably stay with Berserking on my mainhand, probably will be using my offhand with Berserker on it against teams w/o rogues/warr.

Weapon Chain is virtually non-negotiable. At a minimum you'll need it on a spare offhand. It's now much closer to 'goose for pvp.

I'll be using zerking as my main hand enchant next patch, and depending on if daggers actually start dropping I'll have a zerk and chain offhand.

#32 Nèss1296679208

Nèss1296679208
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Weapon Chain is virtually non-negotiable. At a minimum you'll need it on a spare offhand. It's now much closer to 'goose for pvp.

I'll be using zerking as my main hand enchant next patch, and depending on if daggers actually start dropping I'll have a zerk and chain offhand.

Yeah that was what I was trying to tell, sry if I didn't get a clear point on that one. I am right now using zerking on my webbed death in the oh and switch anarchy w/ chain in for it when we play against rogue or warrior teams. Haven't seen any hunter yet that tried to disarm me..

#33 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:06 AM

Gem advice, is agi the way to go or is AP more dps as muti?

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#34 Manbean

Manbean
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Gem advice, is agi the way to go or is AP more dps as muti?

I believe AP is more damage, but overall agi is the way to go because it increases crit and survivability in addition to damage.

#35 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

AP is better damage output for mutilate. AP scales white and poison damage equally (or at least close to equally). Agility scales less with poison damage than it does with white damage.

However, I think the difference is small enough for preference to win out. For PvP I prefer agility because of the marginal amount of defensive stats it gives, as Nullify mentioned.

#36 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

AP is better damage output for mutilate. AP scales white and poison damage equally (or at least close to equally). Agility scales less with poison damage than it does with white damage.

However, I think the difference is small enough for preference to win out. For PvP I prefer agility because of the marginal amount of defensive stats it gives, as Nullify mentioned.

Yeah i noticed that with alot of rogues, they prefer agi over AP - but the crit from AGI does not scale with bleeds, and after resocketing my entire gear to agility i gained a "whole" 2% dodge (prob some armor also).

Not that big a deal, but thanks for the answers^^

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#37 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

so ulduar has been up for a few weeks now and people are starting to get 4part t8 for raiding(Crittable ruptures) I was thinking with the rise of dks/warriors and a pretty high representation of retpaladins already if this bonus could actually be worth going for(4x 25 man parts with furious gloves)

While dks actually seem to be a melee class by now and hunters got shat on you don't really see them anymore we come down to a decent upgrade of the stat agility now I know and understand that crittable ruptures are gonna be highly affected by resilience and whatnot, any thoughts?

#38 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

I'm not too sure it's worth it. T8 is loaded with even more wasted ilvl points on shit like expertise, on top of the 2 set bonus literally doing nothing. Offensive scaling also treats pvp gear pretty well, and you're not losing much damage from going heavy pvp gear.

I'll mess around with some chardevs this weekend and see what kind of numbers I can get.

#39 Loridan

Loridan
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

furious gear is strong enough dps wise to out weigh pve gear in my opinion. 18k hp zero res is easy pickings for a dk warrior or pally.

#40 dotswtfownd

dotswtfownd

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

can someone wowhead me the crafted belt and boots, or whatever the two good crafted items are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<