#1 Maplestory

Maplestory
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

I plan on going 18/53/0 come level 80 and I was wondering what are the best glyphs for frost PVP? I think so far I'm going with AMS,IBF, and Obliterate as Majors and horn,blood tap, and pestilence as minors. Yet, I think that I should actually get rune tap glyph vs Obliterate. What do you guys think?

#2 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

IBF, Chains of Ice and Strangulate I would guess

#3 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:32 AM

The obliterate glyph will be awesome for frost, imo.  Anything that gives you less reliance on diseases to do big damage is great for us.

#4 Malacothdai

Malacothdai
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

AMS definitely no matter what build.  Personally, I'll be going with the blood boil glyph in about any build.  It sounds like a 30 yard aoe snare.  Maybe, I'm reading it wrong.

#5 Desmond

Desmond
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

30 yard undispellable snare as long as you can get a disease on them first.  

Personally, I'm going AMS, Oblit, and Blood Boil.

#6 Gormoth

Gormoth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:03 AM

Desmond said:

30 yard undispellable snare as long as you can get a disease on them first.  

Personally, I'm going AMS, Oblit, and Blood Boil.

Ice Touch is 30 yards as Frost, and comes with 2 debuffs.  Winter's Chill and Chillbains.  Easy cheap to put up, long range, and hits fairly hard, mine crit for 2600+ with 2500AP, which is going to go up for sure as I enchant and replace some older stuff.  I don't see how it would be mana-efficient at all for a priest/paladin to keep cleansing it off when sometimes it'll grab the wrong debuff, etc, and its so easy to reapply.

IBF glyph I think is huge for pvp.  
AMS glyph is very strong as well.
I'm deciding between Oblit and Chains of Ice at the moment.

Currently my Icy Touch hits about the same as Oblit on anyone with decent armor.  But I don't have the Glyph and need to upgrade my weapon, so I'll have to see how it goes after I get something more suitable.

#7 Gormoth

Gormoth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

Gormoth said:

Ice Touch is 30 yards as Frost, and comes with 2 debuffs.  Winter's Chill and Chillbains.  Easy cheap to put up, long range, and hits fairly hard, mine crit for 2600+ with 2500AP, which is going to go up for sure as I enchant and replace some older stuff.  I don't see how it would be mana-efficient at all for a priest/paladin to keep cleansing it off when sometimes it'll grab the wrong debuff, etc, and its so easy to reapply.

Currently my Icy Touch hits about the same as Oblit on anyone with decent armor.  But I don't have the Glyph and need to upgrade my weapon, so I'll have to see how it goes after I get something more suitable.

Ok, so I picked up the glyph of Oblit, and it now hits about 200-300 damage more than my icy touch, on decently armored opponents (Arms Warrior type).  Since I have a mediocre weapon still (De-Raged War Axe from the new ring of blood thing) I can imagine Oblit hitting pretty hard with a better weapon.

#8 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Howling Blast should be the choice against mail+, but I'm sure you know that. Too bad it has a cooldown :-(

#9 Desmond

Desmond
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

Gormoth said:

I think there's a lot of wiggle room with the 3rd glyph.  Rune Tap and IBF are both good choices.  I rarely find myself using Icy Touch in pvp, though.  It does mediocre damage, chains of ice applies frost fever, and if they're dispelling the chains, blood boil applies an undispellable snare.

Chillblains seems like a waste of points, TBH.

#10 Gormoth

Gormoth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Desmond said:

I think there's a lot of wiggle room with the 3rd glyph.  Rune Tap and IBF are both good choices.  I rarely find myself using Icy Touch in pvp, though.  It does mediocre damage, chains of ice applies frost fever, and if they're dispelling the chains, blood boil applies an undispellable snare.

Chillblains seems like a waste of points, TBH.

My Icy Touch hits for just a bit less than Obliterate.  Not sure how that's mediocre.  Bypasses armor and has a 30 yard range.  Chillblains gives you dispel coverage as well.

#11 Desmond

Desmond
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

Gormoth said:

My Icy Touch hits for just a bit less than Obliterate.  Not sure how that's mediocre.  Bypasses armor and has a 30 yard range.  Chillblains gives you dispel coverage as well.

My obliterates crit for 5k+....I don't remember seeing a 2k+ Icy Touch crit.  Perhaps you're confusing it with Howling Blast?

Edit:  And while dispel coverage is hot...non-dispellable snare is hotter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<