entr0p
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2267

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

I made a spread sheet with a good amount of the pvp gear and some pve gear. They are all drop down menus and such. Anyway, I posted it in another thread but it didnt seem to get noticed so, here it is again.

here is 2003 excel:
http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

and 2007 excel:
http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

feel free to edit, change do whatever if you like. Also i will probably be updating it later when i get bored again.

Things to note, i count spell pen as Hit in the spreadsheet, forgot about it until i got to offhands and didnt feel like changing everything, and dont have 2nders in atm. This was kinda of a side project that i did while i was bored, but if people like it and use it i may update it to make it look better and have more stuff.

#43 Kraum

Kraum
  • Junkies

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

anyone here care to help me, does spirit suck so bad atm that it is far more better to get mp5 pieces? Seen the math but I'm not really sure how bad the spirit nerf was.

#44 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

yes mp5 is a better choice than spirit - it was a better choice than spirit (in wotlk) even before 3.1. Unfortunately you only have a choice between spirit and mp5 on a couple pieces.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#45 Caso

Caso
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Thinking about gemming to reach 4% hit and get mp5 neck and back as disc.. what do u think?

#46 Kraum

Kraum
  • Junkies

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Ok just noticed once i started gearing up that only neck and cloak give the option of mp5, that is just plain retarded, sigh.

#47 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

we agree :D

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#48 Merlizzel

Merlizzel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

So what are disc priests going to be gemming for in S6 if there are huge mana issues? It's between MP/5, spirit, or intelligence...

All this discussion leads to the conclusion that MP/5 is way better than spirit, but how does intelligence compare to MP/5 for an average arena fight? Will the +15% intelligence talent, combined with rapture and shadowfiend both being intelligence based, make intelligence a better stat for priests to gear for than spirit?

Note, this post is ONLY discussing spirit/mp5/intelligence. Obviously you would want to gem for spellpower, stamina, and resilience under most circumstances.

#49 entr0p

entr0p
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2267

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

i think int will be good this next season, also ill be updating the spread sheet that i posted with new items very soon.

#50 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

Entrop, if you or any of the other active posters here want to to take over the Useful Info thread, let me know and we can report for an unsticky/sticky of a new thread with updated info/spreadsheets.

Sadly, I've retired from wow, so I won't be able to keep updating this myself.

#51 Sodah

Sodah
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

i think int will be good this next season, also ill be updating the spread sheet that i posted with new items very soon.

Do you think this because of the spirit nerf along with the drink nerf? Really the only benefit from int is return from rapture procs, which was nerfed as well recently (you know, going from all effective healing to just shields.)

#52 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

shadowfiend and hymn of hope mana returns also scale with int, aside from meditation all of our mana return talents/spells scale from int and int alone.

#53 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

shadowfiend and hymn of hope mana returns also scale with int, aside from meditation all of our mana return talents/spells scale from int and int alone.

all of our mana return talents = rapture

all of our mana return spells = shadowfiend, hymn

priests are a sad class when it comes to mana.

int seems like a waste because it affects only 3 tools of regen, then you stop and remember priests only have 3 tools of regen.

#54 zhecar

zhecar
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dethecus
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

int seems like a waste because it affects only 3 tools of regen, then you stop and remember priests only have 3 tools of regen.

But then you stop and remember rapture doesn't return any mana ;)

#55 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

But then you stop and remember rapture doesn't return any mana ;)

im confused

#56 Seandiesel

Seandiesel
  • Fknterry
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

Spirit ftw

#57 brosanac

brosanac
  • Jóhndorian
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

i know this isnt relevant to the topic but

i wanted to ask some of the priests here, black magic or 63 sp for shadow? i think black magic is quite nice since it can proc on ur first sw;p and stuff

#58 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

i know this isnt relevant to the topic but

i wanted to ask some of the priests here, black magic or 63 sp for shadow? i think black magic is quite nice since it can proc on ur first sw;p and stuff

It can also proc when you're in CC/Stuns/Silences. 63sp for life.
Posted Image

#59 brosanac

brosanac
  • Jóhndorian
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

It can also proc when you're in CC/Stuns/Silences. 63sp for life.

aight

#60 Jamboro

Jamboro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Trollbane
  • Ruin

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

In case people missed it, the crit cogwheel now costs 4 obsidium bolts, instead of some mystery item.
Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate [email protected]@#%er.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<