#21 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Bump, because it's useful, and people are making gear decisions. ;)

#22 Caso

Caso
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

sticky!

#23 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

Should edit the post to reflect that spell hit does not work vs racial resists.

edit: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=53869

#24 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

Should edit the post to reflect that spell hit does not work vs racial resists.

edit: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=53869

Done, thanks for the info.

That is retarded though ("We're removing the 1% miss chance so you can gem more hit and always land your spells... except vs certain races where you now have 2% unremovable miss chance.") and I hope they fix it soon.

#25 Armitagez

Armitagez

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

Lets get a solid answer.
Spirit or MP5. About to buy the neck. Looks like 38 spirit gives me around 12-13 mp5. But i have 5% spirit atm.

#26 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:01 AM

Read the post.

#27 Armitagez

Armitagez

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:07 AM

I have. But it seems like 12 mp5 from the same piece of gear with spirit as opposed to 15 mp5 raw. But would any OOC time make up for that lost mana?

We will have around 800 int in deadly gear.

Ill go with mp5 I presume. Just seemed like a decent amount of mp5 from spirit itself.

#28 Armitagez

Armitagez

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:55 AM

Theres also frost presence. 80 resist to everyone in the group.

#29 goose

goose
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:41 AM

has anyone thought about getting the hit neck/cloak?
aegwynn is the new blackrock plz transfer here

#30 Merlizzel

Merlizzel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

I was thinking about it, but you have to look at the whole picture before you spend 50k honor on the offpieces. You may or may not use a Naxx 10/25 mainhand with +hit, in which case you'll be over the hit cap if you have both the cloak and the neckpiece (combined with the deadly ring, of course). If you have a +hit mainhand combined with the Ward of the Violet Citadel, you don't need either. But, the PVE weapons will probably be replaced by a Deadly Staff without +hit. I think the best resolution would be to buy the haste, spirit, or mp5 neck and cloak depending on your playstyle and what you like more, and then gem/enchant for +hit until you reach the cap because I feel like most of us will be using PvE weapons for a while because they are exceptionally good for PvP, too. So there are a few predicaments right now.

1st - Spell penetration is hard to come by. +35 on cloak, +20 on wand, but shadow protection is +130 resist. I think priests will just have to go with +55 and suck it up because you can't gem for all spell penetration when there isn't always a pally or a priest. +55 will do decently against druids and mages. The offhand is an option as well if you feel like you REALLY need spell pen.

2nd - Many priests value haste, but there are only 3 accessible PvP pieces at the moment with haste - neck, cloak, and battlemaster's trinket. I personally don't feel like I can pass up the spellpower trinket for +haste. Other's may feel differently.

3rd - Survivability. Don't need much elaboration.

4th - What will be your final gear for max hit? 2 +38 pieces (ring and cloak) and then gemming for the last 30?

#31 Rhinoceros

Rhinoceros
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

ideally you would want to use all your gems for resil/stam. the hit trinket is nice because there is no defensive BM trinket, so you aren't losing survivability.

#32 Merlizzel

Merlizzel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

This may be the case now, but once things settle, you will be sitting over the hit cap with the trinket and the ring. And if you do get the hit BM trinket, you are losing out on a huge chunk of spellpower because you can itemize for hit on the neck/cloak while you cannot itemize for more spellpower on those pieces.

#33 Kasher

Kasher
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

I was thinking of getting Wintergrasp boots/helm when the next patch hits. Wintergrasp stuff + Deadly ring would put you over non racial cap I believe.

Definitely plan on getting penetration off hand and wand as well in the future. Penetration will be a bitch this season.

#34 Heldericht

Heldericht
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

I was thinking of getting Wintergrasp boots/helm when the next patch hits. Wintergrasp stuff + Deadly ring would put you over non racial cap I believe.

Definitely plan on getting penetration off hand and wand as well in the future. Penetration will be a bitch this season.

WG stuff is lower ilvl than even the hateful gear (correct me if I'm mistaken), not to mention lack of set bonuses.

Definitely would not recommend it as a long term solution.
Silence is the tortured man's revenge.

#35 yoitsnico

yoitsnico
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

thanks for the good post!

#36 Neenja

Neenja
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Smolderthorn
  • Reckoning

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:41 AM

So bottom line is get the salvation over deliverance off-set, but im still questioning the gemming. As it is, noting the massive damage outweighing any healing we can do in arena, I feel that the resilience would be more beneficial than the hit or spell pen.

I would like a second opinion on this though, as I'm still unclear myself.
Troll PRIEST Gladiator???? WTF

#37 Kuosi

Kuosi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

WG stuff is lower ilvl than even the hateful gear (correct me if I'm mistaken), not to mention lack of set bonuses.

Definitely would not recommend it as a long term solution.

I'm actually picking WG helm over hateful helm as it's a trade of spirit for haste and other stats are the same, not losing set bonus either with one part

#38 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

The WG stuff is exactly the same ilevel as hateful (200) mearly trading spirit/crit for haste/hit, which is a good trade off imho. Sure it's not as good as deadly, but it will work till you get that, and you can still get the 4piece bonus while using both the helm and boots.

#39 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

So bottom line is get the salvation over deliverance off-set, but im still questioning the gemming. As it is, noting the massive damage outweighing any healing we can do in arena, I feel that the resilience would be more beneficial than the hit or spell pen.

I would like a second opinion on this though, as I'm still unclear myself.

Correct.

Like Terreo said, the best option is probably going to be to gem completely defensively (resil/stam), and then pick up the hit cap as a secondary stat on offset pieces (neck/ cape/ BM) where you're not giving up anything defensively.

#40 Dahis

Dahis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

I sure wish a rogue would make some charts like these :P, I'm sure some exist, but I've been too lazy to do such a grueling search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<