#1 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:43 AM

Wow, it seems like every DK talent is good.

What do you guys think of this frost PvP build: http://www.wowhead.c...ZGgxtc0kRGRhost

It could be the worst build ever, I honestly have no idea what to make of any of the DK talents.

#2 Koreth

Koreth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

You want to pick up Annihilation and Blood of the North.  Don't worry about the Icy Talons stuff for pvp.

Also, Scent of Blood is pretty weak...15% chance when you get hit to gain some RP.  RP isn't that hard to come by, and DKs aren't likely to see a lot of focus fire.  I'd recommend a few in bladed armor instead, it gives a fairly substantial amount of AP.

#3 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

Cool, it does seem like 20% melee haste is pretty good for PvP too, but the talents you mentioned look like they could be better for PvP.

#4 Koreth

Koreth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

It's not that the haste is BAD, but the other stuff is better.  Death Knights don't do enough white damage to justify it...I believe people in beta were getting numbers like 30% white damage in **PVE**.  Factor in kiting in pvp, and the 6 talent point cost, and it's just not worth it.

#5 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

merciless combat is terrible imo. killing machine will give you game winning burst. personally I like unholy subspec for disease protection and lowering the CD of deathgrip. chillblains isn't exactly required either but is nice to have.

haste is a bad stat but 25% for 6 points is a good value. It also gives you more killing machine procs (and blood caked blade if you are unholy subspec.

http://www.wowhead.c...ZGgxtc0kRGRhost

this would be my frost/blood build though.

#6 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

I really don't think killing machine will add that much damage, could be wrong though.

50% on white crits?  Seems meh to me, especially with people wearing a lot of resil.

#7 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

whats a DPS rune rotation with deep frost that incorporates howling blast. or do you just leave that unholy rune free instead of obliterating?

#8 Teddymonster

Teddymonster

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

I haven't been paying attention to DKs much.  What are the pros and cons to specing frost as opposed to unholy in pvp?  I guess in short, what comps do frost DKs fit into better than unholy?  Its hard to picture just looking at the trees.
no deal

#9 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

Teddymonster said:

I haven't been paying attention to DKs much.  What are the pros and cons to specing frost as opposed to unholy in pvp?  I guess in short, what comps do frost DKs fit into better than unholy?  Its hard to picture just looking at the trees.

To break it down simplistically. Frost provides you with more burst and a long CC on a 1 minute cooldown. also more personal survivability via unbreakable armor lichborn and 6 more seconds on icy bound fortitude.

However, unholy gives you full control of your ghoul which is pretty important for the 3 second stun +13% to all spell damage on the target from ebon plague bringer. anti magic zone (which is huge imo), and desecration for staying on druids

subspecs are important too for frost. Blood will give you runetap which is amazingly awesome for personal survivability. Unholy will give you virulence to give your diseases some resistance, and a reduced deathgrip CD, and 20% off fear/stun

#10 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

Previously I was specced into rune tap with the rest into frost.  I just respecced full frost, and it's amazing.  I don't know it will hold up at 80, but at 60, the burst is ridiculous.  

You can dump rune enegy (w/e it's called) into frost strike, which hits a lot harder than death coil, as long as you're in melee range.

Auto crit ability+howling blast is critting for 1500, more if my weapon proc is up.

edit- I imagine I'll start using the crit ability on obliterate when I hit 61.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<