#21 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Been thinking about a fury/prot build that focuses on 1h+shield and utility, but it wouldn't have TM which is really bad for utility, lol. I think taking a dps hit for some utility and survivability would work for 2dps teams in 2s.

A deep prot build is something I've considered but intercept and especially charge putting conc blow and shockwave on dr is retarded. I think it would make it rather ineffective in smaller brackets. But just swapping targets and stunning different people all the time might make it good in 5s.

I'm probably going to mess around with different builds while leveling.

Deep prot can work in 2's, 3's :)

I messed around with a deep prot warrior post 3.0 when I was full fury at 70, and we dismantled stuff. He kept things in place and stopped them from casting while I recklesness owned stuff. The amount of control and protection he had for me was insane (not that I think fury warrior/prot warrior is a good combo, but I do think that paired with the right partner a deep prot warrior could do well in 2's)

#22 Wram

Wram
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

I doubt about Execute spamming, too much weaks.

In my opinion:

http://www.wowhead.c...fIt0brRffktGx0s

#23 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

As much as I wish/pray, I don't think Fury is going to be viable. Even though I hate the spec, I'm gonna be going Arms once again.

http://www.wowhead.c...t0frRMfRthg0sob

Gonna try out Axe spec early on in the season at least, since most people will be running "low" on resilience.

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

#24 TacoTerrorist

TacoTerrorist
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...MR0fRbZbht0gbzb

Too hungover to bother explaining. But yeah, think about it.

#25 MEGAZORD

MEGAZORD

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

interesting build. could work pretty well imo.

#26 Gizmoes9000

Gizmoes9000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Wouldn't TM be > Anger Management? It just seems like pre-WotLK I stance danced alot and I think I'll be doing it again. Retaining 5 more rage will be nice.

#27 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

After much experimentation with fury/prot, arms/prot and many many many arms/fury builds this is what I've settled on:

http://www.wowhead.c...t0frRbfktGx0sod

It's a 53/18 variation of what seems to be the cookie cutter now (54/17). I'm a slam junkie so I've worked that into the build. I consider 2/2 imp execute to be a must. I've tried with 0/2, 1/2 (filler points) and 2/2 and being able to execute again right after sudden death is just too good. I like putting 1/5 points in enrage because there are often times where you'll be getting dps'd while stuck in a roots, or stun or whatever without the option to hit anyone for wrecking crew and your berserker rage and blood rage are down. Maybe if you can exercise the self discipline to only use blood rage when you enraged regen then this might not be needed, but I often find I've used it to get an MS on the target, to bladestorm, spell reflect, etc... and then I don't have it to use with enraged regen later. So I find the best option is putting 1 pt in enrage to make sure I can enrage regen when needed.

I picked up the bleed talents mostly for deep wounds, and I'm pretty sure rend will still be amazing in long fights.

I still want to experiment with a TG build (when I get two decent weapons to use. My main 2h is a polearm atm), and a full prot build.

#28 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

how do strength of arms and blood frenzy stack up?

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#29 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:36 AM

Hmm, for overall dps increase? No idea... The difference between a point in either is probably rather low.

#30 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hmm, for overall dps increase? No idea... The difference between a point in either is probably rather low.

Rhoz is currently running without SoA, though I can't live without it. I guess if you can trust your healer it's fine to not have it, but 4% stam increase is huge with the burst damage going out right now, and the str and expertise certainly don't hurt.

I'd try to get both, probably drop a few points in imp hamstring... games are too fast for imp hamstring to even be effective. I'll probably change it once games aren't 5 seconds long though.

#31 ArtOfAltercation

ArtOfAltercation
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Strength of Arms is a great PvE talent, but for PvP, it is lacking. A small problem is the expertise is negligible in a PvP setting right now. Another issue is the bonus strength: that AP is going to be added as DPS, but diminishes on your instant attacks, unlike a point in two-handed weapon specialization. The major problem is those two points could be used in something which gives actual utility like improved slam or the cool down reduction on overpower and revenge. As for blood frenzy, one point in blood frenzy is probably just a bit better for your overall DPS than one point in wrecking crew. The 3% passive haste per point makes up for about 1% passive DPS, if not just a little less. The 1% additional target damage is a flat 1% damage on that target, but no satellite targets (whirlwind, bladestorm targets) which makes it difficult to match up, but with the haste bonus behind it, it's a straight up reliable damage increase.

#32 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Expertise is basically more +hit, don't ignore it.

#33 Subpar

Subpar
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:10 AM

Expertise is basically more +hit, don't ignore it.

Expertise = less dodges = less overpowers

#34 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:43 AM

Expertise = less dodges = less overpowers

rofl

"you don't want to dodge against a warrior as a rogue, it will only kill you!"

anyone remember that little gem?

#35 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

I do

everything subpar posts on the forums is wrong/bad

just ignore him

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#36 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

rofl

"you don't want to dodge against a warrior as a rogue, it will only kill you!"

anyone remember that little gem?

Yeah I remember telling my rogue friend back in the 05 "zomg if you evasion I'm going to overpower and pwn you!"

#37 MEGAZORD

MEGAZORD

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yeah I remember telling my rogue friend back in the 05 "zomg if you evasion I'm going to overpower and pwn you!"

its true!

#38 Darkhollow

Darkhollow
  • Junkies
  • LocationRomania

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Same.Ah,the good ol' days :D

#39 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

To think that we get outmuscled by Rogues these days.

#40 Cruxis

Cruxis

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

To think that we get outmuscled by Rogues these days.

Warriors can be a raging berserker or an iron-clad juggernaut, capable of withstanding tremendous attacks while protecting their allies from harm. They have a wide variety of attacks that do everything from cripple their enemies, to dealing massive amounts of damage in a single retaliatory blow, and enhancing their allies' fighting ability with battle shouts. They excel at fighting multiple opponents at once, gaining rage from every blow dealt or received to unleash their attacks. Warriors are a versatile class with a variety of play-styles to choose from.

The Warrior can be a defensive, shielded tank, a damage-dealing powerhouse, or a mixture of the two. Their abilities obviously pertain to the art of close combat; their stances carry with them different moves for different situations and party setups. All in all, the Warrior is one of the prime candidates to capture and hold the attention of creatures while they die to sword and spell.

http://www.wow-europ...rior/index.html

Honestly it doesnt matter what people think of me. I make money playing this game, and soon to be a world champion. stop us if u can.

Salute to the World Champion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<