Photo

Warrior WotLK Talent Builds

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:27 AM

Hey guys. We need your help. We are going to be updating our talent guides for Wrath and were hoping you could post your planned build for level 80 along with a short description about it. Also, if you have any thoughts on the individual talents, listing those would be helpful as well. Each person will be credited and we will keep track of it with our new contribution system (no details yet).

Thanks in advance for everyone who helps out.

#2 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...zVfMRcsRtGx0sob
how I see myself going for a standard arms spec at 80.
Possibly 2 points out of imp hamstring for imp slam, depending on how rage generation and GCD usage is at 80, since the glyph makes up for those 2 points. Imp execute is amazing, not only because it's extra dmg on your sudden deaths, but because if your sudden death proc takes your opponent under 20% hp, you can instantly execute a 2nd time, with the 10 spare rage from sudden death.
Imp rend because the way things are looking, rend's actually worth using on anything that you're not worried about CCing. It ticks for a ton. I'd pick up trauma too, but I'd rather keep what I have in imp hamstring. You could drop 1 from imp HS and Anger management (though I <3 AM, since you often sit at 9, 14, 29, etc, rage, trying to execute, SR, MS, etc, and you know it'll only be 1-2 seconds before you can get off the ability) to get imp trauma. Imp hamstring is basically a good talent, but if you value trauma and/or imp slam higher, that or AM are where the points come from. Personal taste. And, even with imp rend and/or trauma, taste for blood is a terrible PvP talent.

http://www.wowhead.c...VbMRcfRtZbIdbrb
Prot hybrid.

Odd talents and why:
2/2 unrelenting assault here because I go deep enough into prot to pick up imp revenge. With shield block active, you can spam revenge for over 1000 dmg per use, as well as a 50% chance to stun with each revenge, and it only has a 1 second global due to unrelenting assault, so you can theoretically use it 11 times in 10 seconds assuming you get hit at least once per second. Tons of dmg and a high stun proc rate, all while defensive (taking less dmg). Basically, potentially the new RNG mace stun, only with a much higher proc rate and on command (though only with melee on you). More survivability than arms/fury, and imp spell reflect+imp disarm for assisting your team and setting up burst (or just mitigating dmg more often) but no piercing howl :( and slightly less dmg.

#3 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...zVfMRcsRtGx0oLb

Arms Warrior Talent Guide at Level 80
By Wickleer.

The standard Arms PvP Build for Wrath of the Lich King is going to be interesting and nothing will be set in stone for a while. There are variations, two different thought trains on what Warrior’s Damage and ability rotation will be like. One is the Standard Old School version where you stay the majority inside Beserker Stance, being able to Pummel, Whirlwind and Beserker Rage. Now that Beserker Rage isn’t in Beserker Stance anymore, there are new Arms talents that encourage Warriors to stay in Battle Stance.

These are the Two Talent Trees I have come up with, one for each different play style.

I haven't completely thought through how the new style would be in the tree, so I'll worry about that later.

This is just experimental builds and there can be variations if you prefer to use Slam, if you like bleeds, how often you would like to make overpower be effective. This is just the opening guide that we are going to use and people will change accordingly to fit their own personal needs. Anything that has a “Debatable” next to it indicates that people may get more or less of what is needed, but it’s still considered a good talent by most. "Needed" really means every warrior will use this talent for this type of build regardless what else might they change.

Old School 53/18/0 or 54/17/0. I used a 53/18/0 as my starting idea, but having the extra point in Arms looks more invested over the fury point.

Arms:

0/3 Heroic Strike: This is only used as a rage dump and to apply pressure in certain situations, but it isn’t worth it to get.

5/5 Parry Chance: Debatable. Fighting against other melee/hunters comes up often and the extra parry chance helps your healer and helps you to attack quicker since the Parry reset swing timer change.

0/2 Improved Rend: Debatable. Only useable in Battle stance, and the majority of your time will be in beserker stance, even though they did buff this ability and talent to make try to make it worthwhile, it’s still not a proven effective talent to get over 5/5 Parry quite yet, but people are testing it out.

0/2 Improved Charge: You get enough rage with your charge ability and the other tier talents are much more needed.

3/3 Iron Will: Debatable. if you want 2/3 or 3/3. Reducing the time you get stunned is a nice bonus.

3/3 Tactical Mastery: Debatable 1/3 to 3/3. Swapping stances to Defensive or Battle to overpower/disarm/spell reflect. You will be changing your stance a lot and this helps you fight against it. Since Spell Reflect and disarm only costs 15 Rage, you can still do instants of these with just one point. I prefer having 3/3 since I enjoy swapping back to beserker stance to whirlwind right away sometimes, which is 25 Rage.

2/2 Improved Overpower: Debatable, but most pick up at least 1/2 to help against Rogues/Feral Druids. I prefer 2 to give the overpower a big chance to hurt.

1/1 Anger Management: I like it, sometimes you just need a bit more rage and this gives you it.

2/2 Impale: Needed. More Damage on crits which is what we are based around.

3/3 Deep Wounds: Debatable Most get 3/3 here. I know some warriors testing out 2/3 but I enjoy the dots now since its over 6 seconds and can stack the DoT up if you get multiple crits in a row while the debuff is still on your targets. Deep wounds rolling stacks like Ignite used to do, where the dot is refreshed on the Target and does more damage if it hasn’t worn off.

3/3 Two handed Specialization: Debatable. More Damage, you need it. People can skip a point though here and there.

0/3 Taste for Blood: Not going to be using rend that often, so this is not worthwhile.

1/1 Sweeping Strikes: Needed for MS. Must get it.

5/5 Axe or Mace or Sword Specialization: Whatever you pick is what works for you. Just be sure to only get one of the 3 though.

2/2 Improved Intercept: Needed. You will always be waiting for your intercept button to come back up to help with timing stuns, getting to targets away from you. Must have.

3/3 Improved Hamstring: Debatable. Hamstring Glyph helps increase this to 25% so some people try to use 1/3 or 2/3 since it was never an issue before. Some warriors ran with 10% before so even 0/3 works as long as you have the Glyph. But this talent does help you most of the time to keep your targets still.

0/3 Trauma: Debatable. Helps your bleeds. You won’t be using rend and Deep Wounds won’t always be up. So the effectiveness of this talent isn’t there, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t useful

2/2 Second Wind: Needed. You will be crowd controlled and contained while doing BGs and arena and this really helps counter the fact that you are in beserker stance all the time taking 10% more damage.

1/1 Mortal Strike: Needed.

2/2 Strength of Arms: Debatable. I enjoy the extra expertise and Stren+Stam increase. It’s all stuff you need.

0/2 Improved Slam: Debatable. I never been a huge fan of Improved Slam, but people do enjoy it and I am open to this in Wrath since it doesn’t share the swing timer attacks. You still have to sit still for .5 seconds though and you are really always on the move as a warrior.

3/3 Improved Mortal Strike: Debatable. It’s more damage and ensures that Mortal Strike effects stay on your target will a second less cooldown. But you can get other talents to improve your damage with your own play style.

1/2 Unrelenting Assault: Debatable. I like having this at 1 so far, but if you do get 2/2, your GCDs do get reset to 1 second instead of 1.5 so you can use overpower every second, provided that your attack does dodge the next time used. Only really effective against targets that dodge a lot.

3/3 Sudden Death: Needed. RNG Wins games, this gives you another RNG to win.

1/1 Endless Rage: Useless before Wrath because it required so many talent points, but now you should get it to ensure you always have enough rage.

2/2 Blood Frenzy: Debatable, but I prefer to have it. 2% Damage on your target, plus reducing your Swing Timer gives you a huge damage increase.

5/5 Wrecking Crew. Needed. You need an Enrage to give you more damage and to use the new regen ability.

1/1 Bladestorm: Needed. Learn to use it, get used to all its abilities to help you move and do tons of damage.

Fury

3/3 Armored to the Teeth. Lots more AP for you to use, get it.

2/2 Booming Voice. Lets you keep up Battle Shout up longer, and increases the Range of your Demoralizing Shout for those nasty steathers.

5/5 Cruelty: Needed. More Crit, More damage.

0/5 Improved Demoralizing Shout. It was nice to have before to help debuff other melee on you and your teammates, but you are there to do damage.

0/5 Unbridled Wrath: You have endless rage from Arms, this is not needed.

0/3 Improved Cleave: Never seen another warrior take this, or really ever use cleave in arena ever.

1/1 Piercing Howl: Needed. You will get out of range from people to hamstring and this will get them slowed when you can’t reach them. Plus helps out in other areas.

0/3 Blood Craze: Debatable. It helps out your healers and gives you more survivability. If you can trust your healers, then it loses it’s effectiveness, but it does help you out.

4/5 Commanding Presence: Debatable It’s more attack power/HP for you and your teammates.

0/5 Duel Wield Specialization: You aren’t duel wielding.

2/2 Improved Execute. More Executes and more damage when used.

0/5 Enrage: You got Wrecking Crew, don’t need it.

Thank you for reading and if you spot any errors or don't agree with me, feel free to PM me since we should keep this thread clean for more Spec ideas instead of debating about what is better.

#4 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

I think that this is probably the best overall PvP spec for warriors in wrath.

http://www.wowhead.c...zxfrRcsRthg0sob

My reasoning is that in arms you have all the major offensive talents and defensive talents, and the points are all well placed, you get the most bang for your buck. For instance 1/2 in unrelenting assault doesn't make a huge difference versus 2/2 so that frees up a talent point. The arms tree is perfect imo, then in Fury we have the most important talents in piercing howl and in my opinion imp execute. Sudden death is absolutely amazing and with the execute glyph + sudden death + this talent, execute will be even better. 3/3 Blood Craze instead of 4/5 commanding presence because blood craze was buffed from 3% to 6% health reneged which is very significant, especially in smaller brackets and at a time when damage is largely out of control.

For PvP I don't think its possible to have a more well rounded spec then this and I honestly see this being cookie cutter at some point in the future as more people realize how good imp execute + blood craze + 1/2 UR will be. Overall not much of a difference between most specs but a few extra talent points invested here and there aren't bad.

#5 Warguyver

Warguyver
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

With the current state of revenge spam, it's dumb to skip 2/2 UA. I'd probably drop a point from imp hammy or or SoA.

#6 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

For PvE maybe, I duno I was trying it out in pvp and it really only seemed that good in dueling but I could see it being good in certain situations.

It sucks ass for overpower in pvp.

#7 Destructive

Destructive
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/2/0/2/1

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

In the rare event I've had a warlock or hunter pet on me, I simply hit shield block and revenge spam them to death within seconds.

2/2 ua is a must, just for that I think.

#8 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Every team in arena has been ret paladin arcane mage since 3.0 so I haven't really had a chance to test it in a situation like that. How much DPS are you doing from revenge spam because it seems that it wouldn't out dps normal dps with a two hander but hey who knows if it hasn't been tested.

I forgot that blizzard changed shield block to be a 100% chance 10sec buff though so that changes my opinion on its usefulness considering that you can still pump out significant damage when you go defensive just for 1 extra talent point.

In that case if its really that good, just transfer 1 point from imp MS to 2/2 UA.

#9 Destructive

Destructive
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

Revenge does more dmg then mortal strike I think...

could be wrong

#10 Maldazzar

Maldazzar
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Revenge does incredible DPS (particularly when you have no choice but to be shielded).

On a side note, what's so great about Imp. Execute? It doesn't increase damage, and the only time I see it being even remotely useful is for chaining Sudden Death procs (and even then, MS/Hamstring would probably be a better use of global)

#11 Destructive

Destructive
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

It's more so for the fact that SD allows you to keep 10 rage. If you execute someone at 20%, and they are at 5% after, you can just execute again.

#12 Adanai

Adanai
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1959
  • 3v3: 1618
  • RBG: 1546

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

And if they still aren't dead, MS falls off and takes a crit heal to full.

Posted Image

#13 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

Execute costing 5 less rage should be equivalent to having 5 extra rage which should equal more damage as a result.

Also Sudden Death + Execute talent + glyph is some serious execute pwnage.

#14 Kelzia

Kelzia
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

Why not take 1 point out of trauma and put it into UA? Are bleeds going to be that awesome with trauma and that big of a dps increase?

#15 Destructive

Destructive
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Yes, go rend something and you'll see why.

#16 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone done serious testing with fury and prot builds? I've been away since well before S4 ended and I'd really like to be something that isn't arms, for a change, when I reach 80.

Side note: Lol S4 glad? Wth.

#17 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

Rending ticking for ~1000 in naxx is pretty sweet. Probably a bit less self buffed, but not that much.

#18 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

The more I look at the arms tree the more I seriously hope I'm going to be able to avoid playing it.

Dots, rng overpowers, rng string, rng suddendeath executes and facerollstorm.

Sounds like a supah cool spec to play.

#19 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

The more I look at the arms tree the more I seriously hope I'm going to be able to avoid playing it.

Dots, rng overpowers, rng string, rng suddendeath executes and facerollstorm.

Sounds like a supah cool spec to play.

I'll be fury because of that. >_>

Heroic fury is amazing, the burst from recklesness + bloodthirst/slam/whirlwind is incredible, and whirlwind hits like a truck. Oh, and 2h + shield is pretty amazing considering how good revenge/OP are now. 2h+shield might be the way to go against most melee teams in the lower brackets.

However, the MS is a bit unreliable in how quickly it stacks, you need more hit which hateful glad won't have, and having your intercept cooldown be 25 seconds once heroic fury down is gay as hell.

Actually, you might want to take a look at prot (since you haven't played in so long not sure you know how much it got buffed lol) HUGE damage, charges in combat, shockwave stun, intercept stun, group spell reflect, extra damage on disarms, etc. Maybe that would be more your style, being able to spell reflect and intervene when you see a shatter combo coming on your healer.

Prot warriors will be amazing for 5v5... charge -> intercept -> concussive blow -> shockwave -> fear -> imp shield bash -> intercept -> imp disarm so they take more damage... rinse, repeat, you get the point. Prot warriors have a stupid amount of control, silences, and stuns, and are able to protect their whole team (30% reduced damage for however many seconds on intervene, group SR) while still maintaining pretty good damage and stupid survivability.

#20 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Been thinking about a fury/prot build that focuses on 1h+shield and utility, but it wouldn't have TM which is really bad for utility, lol. I think taking a dps hit for some utility and survivability would work for 2dps teams in 2s.

A deep prot build is something I've considered but intercept and especially charge putting conc blow and shockwave on dr is retarded. I think it would make it rather ineffective in smaller brackets. But just swapping targets and stunning different people all the time might make it good in 5s.

I'm probably going to mess around with different builds while leveling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<