• Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...uIgtMeoVbotfoto

DISC - 58/13/0

Note: Most priests seem to be wanting to try crit type talents so bad and get some gear with crit on it. While the Divine Aegis or Surge of Light procs do sound nice, I'd rather have consistent results (haste) than get lucky/unlucky with crits (crit). I don't know why, but I'm really wanting to go haste. REALLY BAD. I've been sorta thinking what distinguishes a good priest from a bad priest is how fluid they are with their spells and if they know what to do when. Hydra explained it on AJ what I've said, but in easier to understand words. This is sorta paraphrased but, "Priests have a lot of things to do ALWAYS and deciding what to do with your GCD's is crucial." So, if I have a shorter GCD, then I'm doing the things I want faster. This is the central idea my build is built upon (5/5 Enlightenment).

I don't care enough about my own survivability that much to go 3/3 Blessed Recovery in this. 1/3 is there for buff protection and I'm assmuming I can live long enough at 80. I was doing fine at 70 for the most part, and my survivability only increased as far as I'm concerned.

I went 5/5 Divine Fury because I'm too caught up on 1.5s Holy Fire. It's way too good when you're going for a burst kill.

The only thing I'm missing in this build that I really like is Reflective Shield.

Grace is blah (even though I used to be all about it, I've gone to Aspiration).

Divine Aegis is a crit talent. I'm talking haste here.

Summary

Basically, priests constantly have shit in "queue" sitting in their mind (at least, I do I suppose). Do I mana burn now, or do I stop and heal my teammate? Should I dispel the CC off my teammate so he can kill them, or should I heal myself rist? Should I go for a fear on their healer to go for a burst kill and dispel a CC, or heal everyone to full?

There's way too many things we're supposed to be doing at the same time, and a faster GCD means I'm able to do all the things in "queue" faster, which in the long run leads into a more offensive playstyle rather than a defensive one.

Hope this made sense?

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#22 Nust

Nust
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Missing reflective shield is really a bummer in that build, but I agree I think haste is the way to go for disc. I just am not sold on rapture yet

#23 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

rapture will be more desirable when you can survive more effectively

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#24 Nust

Nust
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

rapture will be more desirable when you can survive more effectively

Hot female orc has tested this much, I trust this

#25 Fritzl

Fritzl
  • Junkies

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

Me and Sykeasaurus have practically the same build, guess I'm doing something right :P

#26 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

http://www.wowhead.c...uIgtMeoVbotfoto

DISC - 58/13/0

Note: Most priests seem to be wanting to try crit type talents so bad and get some gear with crit on it. While the Divine Aegis or Surge of Light procs do sound nice, I'd rather have consistent results (haste) than get lucky/unlucky with crits (crit). I don't know why, but I'm really wanting to go haste. REALLY BAD. I've been sorta thinking what distinguishes a good priest from a bad priest is how fluid they are with their spells and if they know what to do when. Hydra explained it on AJ what I've said, but in easier to understand words. This is sorta paraphrased but, "Priests have a lot of things to do ALWAYS and deciding what to do with your GCD's is crucial." So, if I have a shorter GCD, then I'm doing the things I want faster. This is the central idea my build is built upon (5/5 Enlightenment).

I don't care enough about my own survivability that much to go 3/3 Blessed Recovery in this. 1/3 is there for buff protection and I'm assmuming I can live long enough at 80. I was doing fine at 70 for the most part, and my survivability only increased as far as I'm concerned.

I went 5/5 Divine Fury because I'm too caught up on 1.5s Holy Fire. It's way too good when you're going for a burst kill.

The only thing I'm missing in this build that I really like is Reflective Shield.

Grace is blah (even though I used to be all about it, I've gone to Aspiration).

Divine Aegis is a crit talent. I'm talking haste here.

Summary

Basically, priests constantly have shit in "queue" sitting in their mind (at least, I do I suppose). Do I mana burn now, or do I stop and heal my teammate? Should I dispel the CC off my teammate so he can kill them, or should I heal myself rist? Should I go for a fear on their healer to go for a burst kill and dispel a CC, or heal everyone to full?

There's way too many things we're supposed to be doing at the same time, and a faster GCD means I'm able to do all the things in "queue" faster, which in the long run leads into a more offensive playstyle rather than a defensive one.

Hope this made sense?

I'm quoting myself.

http://www.wowhead.c...MuIgtMesmbotf0t

There is a build with 3/3 Reflective Shield.

I took 1 out of Holy Specialization.
I took 1 out of Blessed Recovery.
I took 1 out of Rapture (Still 2% mana back, instead of 2.5%)

The 1 out of Holy Spec and 1 out of Rapture im 100% okay with because it's only 0.5% (and whole numbers are cool? :o)

Instead 1 out of Blessed Recovery (this if you DON'T WANT TO TAKE 1 OUT OF BLESSED RECOVERY), then I'd suggest going 4/5 Mental Agility. 8% off instant casts instead of 10%.

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#27 Nust

Nust
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

Syke <3

#28 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:20 AM

<3

: )

#29 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

I really like that second spec Syke (and yours too String). The only change I'm thinking about is getting Imp Inner Fire.

Now that it buffs armor, spellpower, and charges, it seems like a pretty useful talent.

Since I'm still not sold on rapture, I'll probably take the points from there to get it.

For 5s, one can of course drop reflective shield to put points back into rapture.

#30 Axl

Axl
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

PVP Disc:http://www.wowhead.c...uIGtMcsVbRtf0to

Explanation: Skipping all crit talents b/c i feel they are worthless. 3/5 Mental agility or imp renew could be exchanged for Holy Spec for 3% crit.

The build itself surrounds PW:S as it seems to be the driving force behind priest healing in WOTLK. Imp inner fire for xtra armor/spellpower and the rest is self explainatory.

Shadow build: http://www.worldofwa...112325142321051

#31 cambriz902

cambriz902
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

This is probably the build i will go with when i hit 80. Its designed around PW:S because it's not effected by healing debuffs which i think its a must with how good rogues and warriors have been. A power word shield, that with talents shields for 4k is really a regular 8k heal with a healing debuff is on. This build is also for mana efficiency with heals. didnt get absolution because i thought cheaper GH and Penance were more important with Improved healing.
http://www.worldofwa...000000000000000
(Disc points)
Unbreakable will- a must for first 5 points and better than Twin disciplines.
Silent Resolve- protects your spells and makes your opponent spend more mana dispelling.
Improved inner fire- i dont think this is worth getting and putting 3 points in.
Improved Power Word: Fort-can be dispelled and to much mana to put it back on. i dont like situational things. and since i usually have fear ward on. i get dispelled spam so 2 points to have fort dispelled not worth it.
Martydom- This is a good talent because you know when your not going to get interrupted and can cast mana burns heals and such.
Improved Power Word: Shield- good talent and the extra shielding is basically doubled when their is a healing debuff as appose to casting a regular heal.
Inner Focus- free MD or GH and specially if u get targeted using it with Desperate prayer to get a huge crit can keep u alive againts double dps teams.
Meditation- mana regen. a must
Absolution- good talent, i wish i could get it. but not enough points
Mental Agility- mana efficiency talent for almost all ur spells. must get it.
Improved Mana burn- People say that mana burn isn't useful anymore since 3.0 but i still use it. gives u an edge againts other healers, specially shamans and paladins and now that druids stay in tree form also useful against them.
Mental Strength- must get for PI and more int is nice
Divine spirit-trash buff along with more spirit.
Improved Divine Spirit- more spell power but can get dispelled. again i dont like it cuz it can be dispel and u lose 2 points into nothing.
Focused Power- more healing and ur a healer so its good. .5 second MDs can win a game againts mages and paladins.
Enlightement- personally 5 points way to many points when there is so much more to get for 1 talent.
Focused will- if u dont want to die u will get this talent. 12% less damage taken and 15% more healing received. Extremely good talent, a must.
Power Infusion- double dps helps a lot. and when u get behind on healing cuz playing to offensive helps u catch up with fast heals and also saves mana. Ofcourse mana burn PI is nice too.
Reflective shield- a very decent amount of damage. i will always pick it up and its only 3 points now.
Renewed Hope- to based on crit and priest usually dont revolve around crit like shamans and pallies in my opinion not a good talent. If u get the crit gear instead of the spirit gear u might pick this up but i dont recommend it.
Rapture- One of the best talents in the disc tree. get it or go oom.
Aspiration- good talent but with fast games, which most of them are this doesnt really help. except ofcourse for penance but i dont think its worth the 2 points.
Divine Aegis- Crit based again. spirit gear dont pick it up. crit gear pick it up
PS- If u dont get it, well, ur crazy. pick it up. a must
Grace- with penance this talent is really good. 3% less damage is a lot when people are geared and 6% healing is a lot when ur geared. mostly for the higher brackets. but i like it. also a trash buff to protect wats really important.
Borrowed Time- 25% spell haste is really good. and more absorption. get this talent. 23% spell haste O.O
Penance- One of best heals in the game and may be the best single target heal in the game. get it.
(Holy Points)
Healinf Focus- less push back on spells. good
Improved Renew- more healing and ur a healer. get it
Holy specialization- crit based bad talent in my opinion. unless u go for a crit base build
Spell warding- good talent but i like Divine fury. depends on ur playing style.
Divine Fury- 1.5 second Holy fires own. and 2.5 GH are always nice. I play really offensive so i like the Holy fire damage
Desperate Prayer- A must and this will save ur life.
Blessed Recovery- pretty good talent. with the changes its gotten a lot better and with it staking 3 times again good trash buff to protect ur important spells and decent amount of heals.
Inspiration- Based on crit. not worth picking up even if u get the crit gear imo.
Improved Healing- mana Efficiency. Cheap penance and with rapture very cheap. Cheap GH. i like this talent mainly cuz of penance. which i will use every time its up.

Sorry for the long post but if i was going to do this i wanted to do it right. Only points i would change would be. 2 from grace to aspiration. Improved healing for Aspiration 3 points and 4 points from Divine Fury to spell warding.

#32 Fritzl

Fritzl
  • Junkies

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:40 AM

@Viciousheal- Grace but no Aspiration? :confused:

#33 krobulus

krobulus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

Maybe priests wont use Greater Heal as much anymore since they now have penance?

#34 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

Maybe priests wont use Greater Heal as much anymore since they now have penance?

gotta heal yourself :/

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#35 Adelise

Adelise
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1466

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

Have you guys considered Holy over Disc as the starting Pvp spec?

Blessed resillience will be very strong in the first season, healing is a LOT more efficient, guardian spirit > pain supression, surge of light for instant flash heals/smites. and lightwell is actually very good now in pvp

#36 Fritzl

Fritzl
  • Junkies

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Have you guys considered Holy over Disc as the starting Pvp spec?

Blessed resillience will be very strong in the first season, healing is a LOT more efficient, guardian spirit > pain supression, surge of light for instant flash heals/smites. and lightwell is actually very good now in pvp

Im currently 14/57/0 and its working out pretty well. If you're a PvE'er and have access to good +crit pve gear I would suggest going holy for season 1. Until you have good crit gear its pretty much worthless though.

#37 Nerma

Nerma
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1394
  • RBG: 1682

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

I have been playing around with some different specs, but I haven't had much of an opportunity to test Blessed Recovery. I am wondering how useful it is going to be against melee and if it is worth taking.

If anyone has tested this how useful have you found it to be?

#38 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

I have been playing around with some different specs, but I haven't had much of an opportunity to test Blessed Recovery. I am wondering how useful it is going to be against melee and if it is worth taking.

If anyone has tested this how useful have you found it to be?

see: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=50795

#39 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

Since Blizzard broke Imp PWS, I'm thinking http://www.wowhead.c...zIgtMescbotf0to.

#40 kujaa

kujaa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

personaly to start i will go with:
http://talent.mmo-ch...ph=021316020605

but i will maby change divine fury 5/5 for spell warding 5/5

0 user(s) are reading this topic