#21 Buckybadger

Buckybadger
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Impact shouldnt affect Deep Freeze DR should it? I thought 3 different classes of stuns exist in the game all sharing DR only with themselves, activated stuns (Deep Freeze, HOJ etc), Proc stuns (starfire, mace stun formerly and Impact) and Kidney shot which I think shares with nothing.

Is that incorrect? If so then I would agree that its significantly weaker build than I thought. I agree that torment of the weak would be awesome, I just was thinking of how you could completely mess people up everytime you got a stun in.

I guess it could depend on makeup, but if your team lacks control, this is a nice way to give opportunities to free cast on a target. I could be wrong though :)

#22 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

They do share DR x.X. Experimenting with a ton of different talent builds on beta, I used an Impact Build and it was sharing DR there.
Mwiff- Blood Elf Mage (Retired)
Mwiffy- Undead Mage (Main)

#23 Buckybadger

Buckybadger
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Then I agree this type of build would not be that strong, I would only go so far as impact (and maybe not even given that torment of the weak is very strong and you get imp cs in that build) if it was always a good thing to have it proc, if it shares DR with deep freeze then there are times when it would be bad to have an impact proc.

#24 Saracens

Saracens
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

No it doesn't.

I'm 100% sure it does since its been procing off my armor since forever now.

#25 Mwiff

Mwiff
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:15 AM

Fingers of Frost or Brain Freeze?

Edit: Changed of to or. FoF procs off of armor but Brain Freeze Does not.
Mwiff- Blood Elf Mage (Retired)
Mwiffy- Undead Mage (Main)

#26 AlphaNZ

AlphaNZ
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ner'zhul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

Then I agree this type of build would not be that strong, I would only go so far as impact (and maybe not even given that torment of the weak is very strong and you get imp cs in that build) if it was always a good thing to have it proc, if it shares DR with deep freeze then there are times when it would be bad to have an impact proc.

Deep Freeze is a controlled stun.

According to wowwiki :
http://www.wowwiki.c...nishing_returns

Impact is a random stun, so they don't share the same DR.

#27 AlphaNZ

AlphaNZ
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ner'zhul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

Oh, and I've levelled as frost 70-79 (Soon to be 80), and I can confirm :
Brain Freeze only procs from CoC, Frostbolt or Frostfire bolt.

#28 Buckybadger

Buckybadger
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Deep Freeze is a controlled stun.

According to wowwiki :
http://www.wowwiki.c...nishing_returns

Impact is a random stun, so they don't share the same DR.

That is what I thought, however others have said that I am wrong, what is the case here?

#29 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:41 AM

That is what I thought, however others have said that I am wrong, what is the case here?

Impact and DF do not share DRs

#30 KhadyMagic

KhadyMagic
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

Oh, and I've levelled as frost 70-79 (Soon to be 80), and I can confirm :
Brain Freeze only procs from CoC, Frostbolt or Frostfire bolt.

Brain Freeze also procs from ice lance

#31 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

wrong

#32 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

l2read patch notes.

#33 Praestigium

Praestigium
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nagrand
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

Incorrect. It used to, but it was recently changed to proc off snaring effects only.

From my own personal views, one cannot go wrong by picking up Brain Freeze. A frost mage should always be creating an opportunity to chain cast.

Permafrost is a gray area at best. The increased % and duration can definitely be useful.

I honestly believe this thread displays the diversity in different Mage play styles, which isn't a bad thing :)

I'm totally speccing 17/54/0 when I can get some better gear. Till then, 20/0/51 will be the ideal spec.

#34 Mageyoulook

Mageyoulook
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/2

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Pretty pointless argument, in BC the 17 arcane and 44 frost varied a lot from mage to mage, and the same variance will be seen again in wrath.

#35 Bigfatnoob

Bigfatnoob
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

I'm not really sure of my new talents and i know for a fact i'll be playing with trees for a long time after the season comes out to combat new abilities etc. However, this is the spec i am personally going to play this spec at first:
http://talent.mmo-ch...h=000000000000#

i thought it was worth dropping the 2 from winters chill and 1 from arctic winds for the permafrost points, but as i say, i'll play with my spec.

#36 igrek312

igrek312
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nordrassil
  • Emberstorm

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

What about Precision? The only thing that will have hit on L80 gear would be the Deadly Gladiator's Ring. We would need to have 2.55% more hit to reach the cap against players.

#37 ilovestage

ilovestage
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dreadmaul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

I highly recommand you guys to test out this spect(0/27/44), i found this spect really useful in PvP.
With blazing speed, Blast Wave, Impact, Burning Determination, Molten Shield
This spect mainly counters Melees but with the new IMPACT you can also stunlocks your target.

With blazing speed and shattered barrier rogues and dk will get kited easily, blazing speed can also proc off deadly throw too~~etc....

I love the new impact because it can proc off any damaging spell basically you can stunlock your target by Ice Lance spamming{lol}.

Burning Determination its other useful talent against DK/shaman, if you can manage to fake their pummel/shock ... for the next 10second you cant be interrupted again.( Strangulate/shocks/kicks/counterspell etc)

Molten Shield its useful with the new frost/fire ward glyphs, you'll have a 35% chance to reflect their spell, i love this talent when im fighting a DK because Chain of Ice gets reflected so often, deep freeze could also be reflected. And the stun with molten armor ... range attack/spells.....

Blast Wave.... i love this spell, you could have so much fun with this spell, the knockback with it is so overpower. It can be used as an extra interrupt on casters or you could use it to get people off you or your partner. AND ONE MORE THING : it can be used to knock players off the bridge in Blade edge mountian arena or Dalaran Arena.

This spect does abit more damage compares to 20/0/51, but without imp cs may sucks at some situation tho.

(0/27/44)http://www.wowhead.c...bZVccIofu0cdGfo

What do you guys think about this spect?!? Would love to read the command(neg/posit) on this spect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<