#1 Journ

Journ
  • Jorrn
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

I really enjoyed being resto at lvl 70 for arena and I would like to stay resto for WOTLK.  I am wondering if resto druid will still be viable at lvl 80 for 2v2.  Many people are saying that they simply just do not have the ability to stay alive through double dps.

My brother is rolling a DK, so my question is; What spec should I be to perform the best with a DK as a partner?  I will try resto, DS, Balance, an feral...but I would like to heal for 2v2.

eidolontrance said:

Looking to create a fun filled day with my girlfriend and searching for some unique ideas.

So far we're going to see the sunrise early in the morning. After that, I was thinking something like hide & seek in the mall.

#2 Kauz

Kauz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Well i don't know about deathknights, but personally I'm going to try out http://www.wowhead.c...ohdZZf0IubuxVzA 31/0/40 when i hit 80. It seems like a decent spec, unless damage is too insane. I have my doubts that damage will be as powerful as it is now though.

#3 Journ

Journ
  • Jorrn
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

That is the spec that I wanted to try with my DK partner; some decent damage, DS, moonkin, Swiftmend, NaturalPerfection, etc.

All of this insane dps output currently is scaring the shit outta me tbh.  It seems that only skilled dubdps will prevail.  I hope things change a bit.  Tree form hot-bot might be my only option, unless boomkin becomes a decent double dps class.

eidolontrance said:

Looking to create a fun filled day with my girlfriend and searching for some unique ideas.

So far we're going to see the sunrise early in the morning. After that, I was thinking something like hide & seek in the mall.

#4 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Journ said:

That is the spec that I wanted to try with my DK partner; some decent damage, DS, moonkin, Swiftmend, NaturalPerfection, etc.

All of this insane dps output currently is scaring the shit outta me tbh.  It seems that only skilled dubdps will prevail.  I hope things change a bit.  Tree form hot-bot might be my only option, unless boomkin becomes a decent double dps class.

Boomkin is already a solid double dps class. They are solid as hell atm.

#5 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:36 AM

Boomkins are solid up until they get stunned in any form, at which point they are no longer solid, they are dead.
Dont flame me I burn easily.

#6 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

Mutilate > Boomkin, ran some Boomkin + rogue today, first time im in arena after patch. DAMN arcane mages are sick, atleast 70% of the comps we met had an arcane mage in it. Their Arcane Barrage is sick at 70. Beginning to wonder why they nerfed pallys in the first place...

Oh and im prolly trying some Dreamstate~ specc with moonkin form and swiftmend, I loved healing as a druid in tbc so I will try a full resto variant aswell i guess. I just love Wild Growth.

#7 Baneman

Baneman
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

really hoping a hybrid healing build will be viable.  tree form healbotting doesn't appeal to me at all.  boomkin/disc priest is also pretty fun to play, hoping it's good at 80

#8 Swipe

Swipe
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

Moonkins won't work in Arena, the only thing they had going for them was the fact that Starfall raped rogues, brought them out of stealth and prevent cloak+vanish escapes.

Now they just lame mages >.>

Same with Feral druids, lame rogues.

Very depressed about my druid, not sure what class I'm gonna do.

druid rogue or warrior.

#9 nubmadri

nubmadri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

i also much prefer a balance/resto hybrid, probably best in 2s with a rogue/lock/feraldruid(?!!) with their +20healing done to them to help out gimped hots.  there's a few decisions to be made:

1. glyph HT or nourish as flash heal?  i made a thread earlier, guess this will be resolved as soon as pple hit 80 and do some quick testing

2. the 31/0/40 (moonkin form armor to duck into) op linked or 27/0/44 (treeform armor < moonkin armor, but tree healing is more efficient and stronger).  27/0/44 only takes 2/3 dreamstate though, so some of the hot efficiency is lost.  also, moonkin form is a nice offensive form to tank melee in while bursting something else down or ccing, while tree armor isnt something that will be great to sit around in for more than 1-2 globals.  at 70, tree armor is about 44% mitigation, and moonkin is 61% (baseline caster is around 28)

moonkin will probably be at least as strong as resto overall, but im hopeful that resto hybrids and maybe deep resto will be strong classes in 2s at least.  moonkin has a lot more going for it than just starfall: trees, a strong tanking form with two ccs on diff dr (including one that can be used to set up staggered burst combos), typhoon, 2 dots and an extra trash debuff, solid dmg/burst (well no controlled burst).  imo its not clear at all that moonkins are inferior to mages the way they are at 70

#10 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

Swipe said:

druid rogue or warrior.

Just go resto, dude.  You can spam hots all day long and cast nourish/regrowth because there's no way your hots will be enough to keep anyone up anymore.  Also, you don't even need to worry about CC or offensive play because shifting out of ToL is a deathwish!  Simplified gameplay is awesome!  Enjoy!

:(

#11 deepzout

deepzout
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

boomkin form + swiftmend and emp/reju and the whole spellpower, it'll prob be 2nd to resto shaman in arena.

#12 deepzout

deepzout
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

boomkin form + swiftmend and emp/reju and natural perfection and the whole spellpower changes, it'll prob be 2nd to resto shaman in arena for sure.

#13 Wattless

Wattless
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

im thinkin bout doing full....well mostly resto/hunter for 2's think thats ganna work?

#14 shrp

shrp
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

thinking of doing full resto (or maybe moonkin with swiftmend depending on what the dmg output is like) druid spriest the cc will be pretty insane like:

AoE fear - 8 sec
Cyclone - 5 sec
Divine hymm - 10
sec Cyclone - 5 sec
Fear - 8 sec
Cyclone - 2.5 sec
cyclone - 2 sec
Silence - 5 sec
Fear - 8sec
Cyclone - 5 sec

and the damage output is pretty nuts of a shadow priest atm

#15 Journ

Journ
  • Jorrn
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

shrp said:

thinking of doing full resto (or maybe moonkin with swiftmend depending on what the dmg output is like) druid spriest the cc will be pretty insane like:

AoE fear - 8 sec
Cyclone - 5 sec
Divine hymm - 10
sec Cyclone - 5 sec
Fear - 8 sec
Cyclone - 2.5 sec
cyclone - 2 sec
Silence - 5 sec
Fear - 8sec
Cyclone - 5 sec

and the damage output is pretty nuts of a shadow priest atm

Appears to do well against healer teams, but some double dps out there will not lose to this comp.

eidolontrance said:

#16 Pedocows

Pedocows
  • Validating
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Journ said:

Appears to do well against healer teams, but some double dps out there will not lose to this comp.

Wouldn't it be the opposite?

#17 shrp

shrp
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

dunno would imagine with our cc could rape healer teams and double dps teams once the resilience actually comes into play should be fine. but can't really say much now until arena actually starts

#18 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

Healers are trash when you ding 80, so dont worry about healers worry about arcane, ret, and dks.
Dont flame me I burn easily.

#19 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

Zanny said:

Healers are trash when you ding 80, so dont worry about healers worry about arcane, ret, and dks.

Your a really negative person :/

#20 Knivvis

Knivvis
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

Swipe said:

Moonkins won't work in Arena, the only thing they had going for them was the fact that Starfall raped rogues, brought them out of stealth and prevent cloak+vanish escapes.

Now they just lame mages >.>

Same with Feral druids, lame rogues.

druid rogue or warrior.

druids are amazing idk wtf ur talking about.
boomkins are COMPLETELY different than mages. they are about as much mages as spriests are mages.

feral druids being warrior/rogues?
play one. ull see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<