#1 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

Basically, we're a group of Gladiators who decided we had no reason not to have fun with overpowered PVE gear in WOTLK. We put together the guild to have fun seeing all the content in the game, rather than just the PVP bits.

Blurb from our website:

Who are we? Classy started when we realized: most raiding guilds suck.
They’re inefficient, slow, and at their worst, mercenary. Most raiding guilds are built upon one common interest: everyone wants epics.
We do things a little differently. Our core is made up largely of players who have been around since release. Many of us have been Gladiators in TBC. We’ve all been in guilds that went places, but took all the joy out of going to those places. We know that if you progress quickly, members are drowning in more epics than they can use.
We’re not all raids. We have many members who not only enjoy PvP, but excel at it. Moving through raid content quickly means there’s more time for premade battlegrounds & arena.

Here's what we're looking for:

Boomkin or Elemental Shaman
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin
Hunter
Warlock

Yep, we're on the Emberstorm battlegroup. Yep, it's an RP server. No, you are not required to RP. I like the server because the average person isn't a retard, the community is friendly rather than filled with rampant douchebags, but if the very idea of an RP server turns you off this probably isn't your thing. MG is a high pop server, with an almost exactly equal A:H ratio.

We're not going to be the quickest progressing, best guild in the world. We are, however, planning on destroying PVE content quickly enough for it to give us an edge in PVP. If you're a PVPer tired of only seeing half the game, this is a good opportunity for you.

If you're one of the needed classes and interested, post here, PM me on the forums here, or just look us up ingame.

#2 Venetaa

Venetaa
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Vashj
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:40 AM

I'm pretty interested especially since I like your posts ;) . I'm thinking of rerolling and maybe bringing someone with me and we'd both meet your class needs. Will definitely look into it.

I will say/ask one thing. A lot of these guilds (even guilds that don't want to raid) start like this and then pick up really bad players to increase their ranks, or washed up Gladiators. Will you (a) be picking up good PvE people to try to get a large enough roster (B) purge the bads every now-and-again (as in if your rating drops to 1700 for too long *while activley playing*, or if at the end of the season you're yet to aquire 1800) and are you going to have a minimum entrance requirement (1800-1900 in S4 depending on class, 2k+ in S3 or something)?

#3 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

We have some players who I'm sure some people here would consider "bad". Hell, if I had to arena with them on a 2000+ arena team, I'd have to consider them "bad", too. It's PVE, though, unless you have the ability to get 25 gladiators (or Nihilum, or Death & Taxes) to reroll with you, you have to fill spots.

Not all of our players are awesome at PVP. The criteria is if they can perform in PVE. Not everyone is going to be awesome out the gate. We're dedicated to helping those who want to learn and excel. If after a while they don't improve enough, or they're not performing at an optimum level for our progression, we'll split ways.

With that said, we're not a A+++ world-first guild. The intention isn't even there. We want to be the best on our server, definitely. But if you're expecting 25 2400~ players who never make mistakes, you're going to be disappointed. Our goal is to be a distinct step above the average zerg guild, and to have a pretty short raid week (3 days, maybe 4 if needed).

Fun is pretty much the key factor. I don't like douchebags. I hate people ranting on vent because someone made some mistake. Everything stems from that desire for fun, really. We want a guild that progresses quickly 'cuz it's fun to have cool epics. Then we want to take those cool epics into battlegrounds, roll people with premades, and have fun lolin' @ pugs.

Guess that turned into a mini-rant a little, but that's my philosophy.

#4 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

Another quick reply to be really distinct about this. The core purpose of the guild is raiding. As such, there's no rating requirement or whatever to join. We're recruiting people for PVE, not PVP. We just use the "gladiator" standard as a way to quickly tell if people are good. It's cool to be able to go, "okay, we have 10 people right off the bat who we KNOW don't fuck up".

As such, no, we won't ever be removing people because they can't get 1800. We'll be removing them because they can't sustain enough DPS to get down Arthas, or because they can't do the Heigan dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<