#1 Reishi

Reishi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

I'm interested to see what the reader of this prestiges forum think about the idea of heavy disc being a possible spec either offensively or defensively. The fixing of the being able to dispel Pain Suppression in very few dispels withholding and pending fix.

I've noticed that even just spec'd for shadow my smites are able to hit for pretty hard.

#2 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Smite priests are totally screwed in arenas as far as spec goes. You can't get Blessed Resilience and PI which raises your survivability but majorly cuts down your damage potential, you can't get PS and Surge of Light which completely ruins your survivability.

Honestly, you're better off staying shadow for those reasons and several others (damage reduction, more manage efficient, etc)

#3 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

im going to try 41 disc next patch with a ua lock in 2v2 and 3v3

#4 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

I tested out PS the other day on PTR and while it seems the dispel mechanics of SR are fixed, PS are still a bit dodgy. Either that or I have ridiculously bad luck. It was always gotten on the first or second dispel.

That being said, even if it is fixed and my luck is just poor - I still don't think PS can beat out Blessed Resilience for survivability seeing as it only has a what, 6 second duration?

#5 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

imp death > ps

imho

#6 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:02 AM

From the priests I fight, I find any priest with blessed resilience much,much harder to kill than a discipline one. Not to mention reflective shield breaking most crowd controls.

41 disc would work with a lock in 2v2, but for 5v5 blessed resilience is a must. 3v3 it might work depending on your group combo(reflective shield + mage = bad)

#7 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:04 AM

:oops: I forgot about imp death. But yeah, that's just one more reason I'd never spec it. I do die fairly often, and 6 seconds of PS probably isn't going to stop that. I might as well be useful after I die.

Not to mention reflective shield breaking most crowd controls.

I thought they fixed that awhile ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<