#41 Cloudeh

Cloudeh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Sorry for not playing on blackout bg like you where you could get it as warrior+dps with a minimum number of losses, and about my old druid, 2,2k with 3 losses, nerf boozt/tuska =( SORRY IM NOT AS GOOD AS YOU ARE CLOUDEH, OH MIGHTY NON-TM USER COW.
Edit:Cloudeh if you want to chat more, feel free to use the private chat, so I can give you my msn and have a good laugh, like a few months ago :)

You mean when people were laughing at you for thinking slam is for tunnelvision? =DDD n1 pro gz nice score i c especially playing warr/druid i bet it was hard to mantain that 50% win%, rock on bro

ps. let me remind you, you were stuck on 2100 playing with the druid i got 2400 with 9 losses (including a dc), clearly youre the better player ^^ (not to mention he was playing tauren there, which is slightly harder than nelf seeing you can get intercepted trough wallcorners etc as tauren)

oh and yeah lets blame battlegroup, gz i mantained 2.1k rating as war/lock on your BG, thats hellalot harder than druid/warr yet we had same rating? youre awesome =D

#42 Amelay

Amelay
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

this thread started of nice and cosy, and now it turned into a nerd raging channel for the moste 1337 warrior in the wow-world.
Hug and kisses to the two of you, Im not bored at school anymore, btw, I think one of you got a huge epeen, cant tell who!
"Quitted" my hunter
"Quitted" my rogue

what to play now?

#43 Dint

Dint
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

I played like 10 games all up and i was pretty much afk the whole time, srsly glad is so easy i don't even play this game and i got it....

yep, i think that about fits in with every other wannabe in this thread :)

#44 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

Inc long stupid story on how I started, but it may help people starting out.

I started out being a complete noob to arena. Did some on the Priest, never had the gear in S1/S2 at all, and I made a swap from my PvE priest to my leveling alt Warrior. Always been a big BG person as a Priest and 0/30/21 Shaman on horde in the good old days.

When I first leveled my character, I twinked it by getting whatever gear I could get and make the character better (Whirlwind Axe at 30 with Savargry, Kang at 46, awesome blues.) So I already had a good edge over others. This allowed me to dominate any instance/mob, and I honestly think that had a good impact on me when I started BGs.

I did BGs with just some T4 armor/Lionheart Exe/minor resilience (like 40 total) at the end of Season 2 to get nearly Honor point capped and around 3000 arena points. What this meant I started out doing BGs by being a total glass cannon, die very quickly, but had major impact if you left me alone.

Start of S3, I jumped from 40 resilience to 200-250 from getting 2 pieces of S3 armor, all the Honor point S3 armor pieces and that's when I started to get noticed. A shaman from one of the top guilds helped me out just for points and having himself barely missed S2 Gladiator with Rogue/Shaman. What happened unintentionally is that I got carried to 1850 just out of the blue.

While waiting for the S3 weapon, I found this site, found Hellenkeller's Shaman/Warrior guide, found a good few macros, watched videos from Jedden and Hydrooch, talked to other warriors about binding keys, asked for advice and always took what I learned from Arena and applied it to my next time I faced them. Hit 2k two weeks later, topped at 2200 at the 2 week S3 announcement in 2s only to get counter comped in the end of S3 to miss out on Gladiator. I only did 2s as well since this was my alt.

Did S4 at the start, got 2050 pretty quickly, topped at 2160 as Shaman/Warrior, then counter comped again to 1950 and partner transfers servers. Found a druid and lock to do 3s, got to 2100s pretty quickly after 1 week, topped at 2197, and then partners leave to a pvp server. Got 2200 very easily as Druid/Warrior with that same druid before he left and now I'm just on Lothar all alone except for a good group of BG/arena people that I gathered in the last year. I mainly learned Warrior Arena from my Warrior/Shaman days and that translated into very easy success with the easymode teams in Season 4.

I'm hoping Wrath will bring better partners and people on my server will elevate themselves so we aren't regarded as one of the worst Arena Servers in Ruin.

Again this is a stupid story bout my past, posted similar things like it before, but I hope some people get something out of it.

#45 Depth

Depth
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

You mean when people were laughing at you for thinking slam is for tunnelvision? =DDD n1 pro gz nice score i c especially playing warr/druid i bet it was hard to mantain that 50% win%, rock on bro

ps. let me remind you, you were stuck on 2100 playing with the druid i got 2400 with 9 losses (including a dc), clearly youre the better player ^^ (not to mention he was playing tauren there, which is slightly harder than nelf seeing you can get intercepted trough wallcorners etc as tauren)

oh and yeah lets blame battlegroup, gz i mantained 2.1k rating as war/lock on your BG, thats hellalot harder than druid/warr yet we had same rating? youre awesome =D

For the record, weap range 1st week beating all the good teams on cyclone with below 8 losses, shoulder range with below 4(of which I mind you, I had disconects aswell), and in s3, I lvl'd 4 teams to 2350-2400 on cyclone with having below 20 losses all combined, and no I'm not overreacting, and you're comparing a 1st season month to your season end, grats.
K, whatever you say, most definately its harder to play nelf/nelf than tauren/tauren, and if you even can compare blackout to cyclone you're just totally mint, so obviously I'm the bad player since I can't play without spell reflecting, and you're the pro guy who macestuns/crits through pillars vs halfbrained oponents, well, good luck with that. I just don't see how any good warrior can play without tactical mastery, I know you really enjoy tunnelvisionning targets and congratulate yourself on how "pro" you are when you critted him for 2k around the pillar, and I don't care that much about what you think about me as a player since people who played me in 2s know how I play, not you from your awesome unique "slam skilz that kilz and payz the bilz". I'm going to stop posting here about this, if you want go make more fuss about it do it in private or make a thread for this so people can laugh at your stupidity, big sorry for people having to read through this, even though I know most enjoy dramah xD
(I KNOW I BROKE A LOT OF RULES RIGHT HERE BY POSTING THIS(battlegroup comparing, epeenlol and so on) but hey, he's not feeling sorry about goinglolyousuckIwin)

Edited by Depth, 30 October 2008 - 04:23 PM.

#46 Guest_Wickler_*

Guest_Wickler_*

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

K, whatever you say, most definately its harder to play nelf/nelf than tauren/tauren

It's still Druid/Warrior...

I just don't see how any good warrior can play without tactical mastery, I know you really enjoy tunnelvisionning targets and congratulate yourself on how "pro" you are when you critted him for 2k around the pillar, and I don't care that much about what you think about me as a player since people who played me in 2s know how I play, not you from your awesome unique "slam skilz that kilz and payz the bilz".

I don't think those pillar hits make huge differences in most games, some ya... you "can" say it makes a difference but really it wasn't that game breaking. In a close match ya... but I think people really over hyped the extra range racial on Tauren. It helped some of the bad ones out a lot sure... but I think a lot of warriors are Tauren probably because of inspiration of the Pat video. I could be wrong though.

And Flurry or Slam isn't bad, nor does it imply tunnel visioning. (Dunno if Flurry was mentioned, but it's a false assumption people make.) Just isn't as accepted as TM.

#47 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

starting from scratch?
1 season
starting from scratch using a new class?
1 month
PL"ing for Glad?
2 days

#48 Cloudeh

Cloudeh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

haha depth, you think i nvr played on stormscale? i got higher in 3s on that "oh-so-awesome" battlegrp (which is btw, pretty similar to blackout, not much of a differnece to me) than you ever have been, probably wouldve been in 2s too if i had actually played with that druid

and yea that druid had experience with you in 2s and said you were pretty shit, gz on intercepting away from your healer round a pillar and then saying "YEAH MY OTHER DRUID CUD BACK ME UP" getting carried much?

and as the other guy said, flurry/slam doesnt indicate tunnelvision at all, i personally dont believe spell reflecting wasting your own partner's DR is the way to go, and you ever heard of los? you can los abilities you kno.. you dont have to spellreflect (i kno ure pretty terrible so id help you out there) so yea even there you being a nelf helped lots more than me being tauren

anyways care on capt'n, youre the 1 that still plays

#49 Iisindria

Iisindria
  • Isindria
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

My story started from S3. Before S3 I played as feral topped at 1900, nothing spectaculair. In s3 I decided I wanted to try to get abit high, so I respecced Resto(First time I ever was this spec for PvP). Somewhere halfway the season I got my S3 shoulders with a Warrior, wich I later stopped playing with because he wanted to raid over PvP, so we could'nt arena alot.

After that I played with some friend to get him weapons. Did that really easily, got 2000 also without much problems. We played on till 2300 at that time and we wanted to stop because we thought this was sure to be glad. I accidentaly signed up for 2s while playing 3v3,, we lost and we felt like we had to play again. We lost all and I stopped playing.

After that I played with another Rogue topping at around 2321. In the last week the calculator said Rampage Glad cutoff was ~2360. So we played, and lost the ratings. Ended without glad in S3.

S4 I started playing with an Enhancement Shaman and since then I hav'nt really had much problems sticking in the Glad cutoff.

#50 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

I really don't think it's experience. I think it's how you learn and what you think is important. Playing with good players helps a lot because you're playing with people who know what they're doing and you gain a lot of information out of it. There's lots of people who put the blame on their partners, class, comp, but if there's a will, there's a way. Learn the strats then perfect the strats is what I believe.

#51 whoamg

whoamg
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

I'm crazynewfie this is my rogue and apparently I was good enough for 2k+ I just needed to play a comp that wasn't completely RNG (mage/rogue). We just hit 2078 in like 2 sits after arena lag went away as rSham/muti. Were even guna try for 2200 now lol since we breezed to 2078. Too bad I spent all my points on S3 daggers when 3.0 came out. Now I won't be able to afford both S4 weps =( (unless I can convince blizz to refund)

#52 Shadowalker

Shadowalker
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2402

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

I first got into the game randomly in S1. My brother and I played rogue/feral druid in S1 and had no idea what we were doing. One day a guildie shadow priest asked us to do 3s, so my brother respeced resto. Instantly we shot up to top 5 on Ruin BG3. Ever since I've just been playing casually hitting the top right before the season ends and holding it until I gear full S4. My brother has Vengeful and Brutal gladiator titles, and the priest manages a top 5 5v5 team over full seasons.

#53 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:24 AM

Took me uhh, a few hours?

#54 Churp

Churp
  • Churp
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:59 AM

2 days.

^
HALO EVER1 DIS IS CHOIRP GRAETEST DRUID IRL, I SHIFT TO CAT AND JUMP OUT MY WINDOW IRL

~Churp

Posted Image

#55 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

I starting pvping in season 3, I was full PvE the first 2 seasons, b/c I enjoy the first kills and some lollore.

It took me a week to get the hang of resto, since I was feral for raiding and the resto i remembered preBC was umm totally different.

I would say it took me 2 weeks to get in Glad range, and realize it is way more fun then PvE.

As long as you are not a clicker and can think cognitively, it is very easy.

#56 squints

squints
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

its all about understanding your class mechanics as well as the class mechanics of your opponent as well..

as well as basic gameplay mechanics and how to make use of all of those to "outplay" your opponent. Nobody can just start playing the game and be a gladiator. I guarantee that.

E.g you are a warlock / healer playing against a mage / rogue. You must understand the way for them to beat you is cc-ing you while going for the kill on the druid.

You must know how to use your felhunter to dispell sheep off yourself, saving trinket for the blind or you are gonna be sitting in full sheeps or if you use trinket to dispell sheep you are going to eat a blind + sap

Lots of other extra stuff you must know that seperates the noobs from the gladiators. Most importantly you must have situational awareness and anticipation. Alot of players know what they are supposed to do but they dont do it because something happens to mess up their "plan" and they cant recover from that setback afterwards and end up playing crappily cos they panic.

#57 king_k28

king_k28
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

its all about understanding your class mechanics as well as the class mechanics of your opponent as well..

as well as basic gameplay mechanics and how to make use of all of those to "outplay" your opponent. Nobody can just start playing the game and be a gladiator. I guarantee that.

E.g you are a warlock / healer playing against a mage / rogue. You must understand the way for them to beat you is cc-ing you while going for the kill on the druid.

You must know how to use your felhunter to dispell sheep off yourself, saving trinket for the blind or you are gonna be sitting in full sheeps or if you use trinket to dispell sheep you are going to eat a blind + sap

Lots of other extra stuff you must know that seperates the noobs from the gladiators. Most importantly you must have situational awareness and anticipation. Alot of players know what they are supposed to do but they dont do it because something happens to mess up their "plan" and they cant recover from that setback afterwards and end up playing crappily cos they panic.

I continue to tab dot til something dies strats complicate things too much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<