Depth
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

but still ive achieved all 4 seasons glad

Congratulations Cloudeh, I bet it really does help you sleep at night.

#22 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

...getting CONSTANTLY counter-comped with 0 chance of winning while playing your favorite class. Actually it's a great way to make yourself hate your favorite class forever -_-

T
h
i
s

#23 Konwayz

Konwayz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Uh Cloudeh... I really wouldn't put much emphasis on finding a partner you know like the back of your hand. It can certainly help, but any skilled player who has experience with a certain comp should be able to switch partners and do equally well within 5-10 games at most. If you've never played the comp before it'll take a little more getting used to regardless of how long you've known each other.

Good example: In S3 I hit 2150 with a warrior I had been playing with since Pre-BC. We raided MC, BWL, AQ etc. together from start to finish and always ran premade BG groups at 60 and 70. When he took a break I found a new warrior I'd never seen before and reached the same rating in ~2 days...

#24 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

Note: Your experiences may vary based on class/comp. These are not typical results. Side effects may occur, including yelling, nerdraging, and forum posting. Arena is not for everyone. People who get angry easily, keyboard turn, or just plain suck at video games should not play arena. For more information, consult your arena junkie forum.

I laughed.

#25 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

Practice and TRY to improve.

If you click 80% of your abilities and practice 40 hours a week you probably wont get glad even if you're playing wow like it's a full time job. You have to not only practice but you have to work on increasing your ability to kill other players by every avenue.

Improving your addons/ui to be clean and efficient
Improving your key binding and practicing with key binds so you don't have to look or think about using something you just do it.

One thing you'll find to be true from most high end arena players is they bind nearly every ability they have and have (usually) clean and efficient Uis
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#26 Huskk

Huskk
  • Junkies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

It took me 2 sittings and we stopped at 2nd place.
Posted Image

#27 Shork

Shork
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

~3 000 2v2 games with my irl mate. And I still suck imo.

#28 Cloudeh

Cloudeh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

Congratulations Cloudeh, I bet it really does help you sleep at night.

Atleast I don't pity myself for thinking I'm better off speccing a #/#/3 spec pre3.0, you didnt even kno how to use slam looooool

btw hows that old druid working out for you? last i had checked you struggled to get shoulders as druid/warr after claiming you'd easily get it with your oh-so-great-druid roflmao

#29 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

If you click 80% of your abilities and practice 40 hours a week you probably wont get glad even if you're playing wow like it's a full time job.

I got glad rating in s3 with 6 bound keys. We remade the team after I binded a lot more, but just sayin', clicking can work out.

#30 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

keep practising. accept responsibility. live and learn.

#31 Amelay

Amelay
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

I got glad rating in s3 with 6 bound keys. We remade the team after I binded a lot more, but just sayin', clicking can work out.

very nice, 1) your a warrior, 2) you proberly played with a resto druid that carried you, 3) no - just no

=)
"Quitted" my hunter
"Quitted" my rogue

what to play now?

#32 Ramz

Ramz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

well, my WoW career went something like this...

i got back from pre-tbc and hit 70 .. made a 3/3 frozen shadoweave set and hit 2k with a warlock as mage/lock

then, i found a good rogue partner and got 2200 in 2v2 as mage/rogue by the end of s2 but that wasn't enough for glad

i played with the same partner at the start of s3 ... i got angry at all the warlock/druid teams out there and quit the game shortly... because my server sucked balls and couldn't find a 3v3 or 5v5 team.. and that's really where mages shine (note: my rogue partner wasn't even hemo)

finally, s4 came along.. found a good 3s and 5s... and got glad...

the time i really watched movies was in s3 i would say... didn't help much cuz i already played like them hehe...

#33 Ramz

Ramz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

very nice, 1) your a warrior, 2) you proberly played with a resto druid that carried you, 3) no - just no

=)

^

#34 Nagala

Nagala
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

well you can go up to top 10 spots in one sitting if your bored enough
Mantra: Mind over Matter
:druid::paladin::shaman::priest:

#35 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

Once you know your class you can get glad every season np with good partners.

The main thing is that you have to find a good partner that can play a lot of games, has a good demeanor, and makes a good comp with yours.

A lot of arenas just comes down to timing. Once you get that internal clock ticking in your head and are able to predict your opponent's movements ahead of time you can start moving up in ratings. Getting used to proper focus macros can be practiced in BGs.
화이팅

#36 Glickz

Glickz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2403
  • RBG: 1806

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

hundreds of gallons of sweat blood and tears

#37 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

i hit glad after respeccing resto from feral

#38 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

found a good partner in s3 after failing in s2 with 2250 rating afaik. Never played arena until mid season 2. Leveled a glad team in s3 in one week and leveled a glad team for s4 in one day. Way too easy.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#39 Depth

Depth
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

Sorry for trolling this thread, but I really like cloudeh and I need to answer him, so on his inquire about how awful I am and how good he is :

Atleast I don't pity myself for thinking I'm better off speccing a #/#/3 spec pre3.0, you didnt even kno how to use slam looooool

btw hows that old druid working out for you? last i had checked you struggled to get shoulders as druid/warr after claiming you'd easily get it with your oh-so-great-druid roflmao

Sorry for not playing on blackout bg like you where you could get it as warrior+dps with a minimum number of losses, and about my old druid, 2,2k with 3 losses, nerf boozt/tuska =( SORRY IM NOT AS GOOD AS YOU ARE CLOUDEH, OH MIGHTY NON-TM USER COW.
Edit:Cloudeh if you want to chat more, feel free to use the private chat, so I can give you my msn and have a good laugh, like a few months ago :)

And on topic, dno, as a warrior, getting gladiator was never a problem, due to the number of setups you could run in each bracket and do from ok to very well, I guess having good experience with the class for a long time is a big +, or well, not really :<

Edited by Depth, 30 October 2008 - 12:05 PM.

#40 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

i hit glad after respeccing resto from feral

^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users