Photo

[v1.1.0 - February 02 - Debuff Tracker!] Gladius (arena unit frames)

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#41 Kripper

Kripper
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

Tested a bit and I found that after the first time I logged into WoW with Gladius enabled, when I clicked "Gladius - drag to move" and tried to move it to my desired position, the whole frame suddenly moved yards away from the actual position of my mouse pointer. Same situation happens even if I relog etc. As this isn't extremely annoying, sometimes it may lead to a situation where the frame gets out of the game window. No LUA error displayed.

Signing under the request for more options for mouse clicks. :)

PS. Proximo doesn't have the feature of targeting/focusing enemies added in combat yet, so this addon is in the lead as for me.

EDIT (to the user above me):

/gladius test # doesn't do anything though

Notice there is no space between "test" and "#", the correct command is "/gladius test2" for example.

Edited by Kripper, 30 October 2008 - 06:35 AM.

#42 Smoké

Smoké
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

Works pretty nicely, so glad i dont have to stress about my targ macro any more

#43 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

Gladius > Proximo ?

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#44 Setyo

Setyo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

Gladius > Proximo ?

From what i've tested, yes. I'm really liking it.
Ted... kiss my shoes?

#45 Depth

Depth
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

This looks really nice, looking forward to check it out.

#46 Artemai

Artemai
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Downloading!

Looks pretty darn good :)

#47 Ecobodia

Ecobodia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2/.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

looks pretty cool

#48 Artemai

Artemai
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hmm, ok, everything looks good, it auto pops up the 1st time I log in, with bars.

The /gladius test1 etc
and /gladius ui

commands work, however, the click to drag does nada, nothing... No errors either?

Am I doin sommin wrong? Lock Frame is not ticked, so assume where it says "Gladius - drag to move" is where I left click and drag? Tried with alt, shift, ctl, nothing.

Help! I want to use this mod, but its plastered center top!

Thanks in advance

Edit: Oh, and how to I hide the frame once I have it positioned (if I get there :P ) ? Thanks!

Edited by Artemai, 30 October 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#49 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

@People not getting it to show in arenas
Hard to say why with no errors, I'll scan through the code tho.

@People having trouble with positioning
Looking through the code now. I'm going to change how it positions itself anyhow. You can try dragging the actual frame instead of the anchor (position your mouse between two of the buttons and drag).

@People wondering how to hide the frame once it's positioned
Simply run the "/gladius test1-5" command again for the corresponding amount of buttons. I'm going to add a "/gladius hide" command soon.

@Lysander
Auras are updated in real time, yes, it takes the time from the buff/debuff itself so DRs are counted. If it breaks/gets dispelled early it will remove it. Adding another little frame for cc's was something I thought of, seeing as Proximo does it. But I wasn't sure how it'd look so I decided to add a priority system instead (check auralist.lua). If you have any ideas on how to implement it nicely without taking so much space I'll consider adding it.

@Everyone
I need some help with designing a few new features.

First off: target-of-target for each arena enemy. How should I implement this so it doesn't take a lot of space and looks nicely? I've been thinking about adding the target of target within a parenthesis, e.g:

Arena1 (Target) 99%

But I'm fearing the text might get too wide when you're dealing with long names. If you've got any suggestions, tell me! Hell, paint a picture if it's hard to explain ;)

The other feature is something as simple as the actual mana/energy/rage. As percentages can be misleading when dealing with rogues with 110-120 energy I've been considering adding the actual mana/energy/rage number aswell. But how would you guys like it formatted? Ideas:

1. 3948 (30%)
2. 30% (3948)
3. 3094/10290 (30%)

So, what do you prefer? Got any other ideas?

Thank you,
Proditor

#50 keLston

keLston
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

I personally prefer #3 but i'm sure adding all 3 and making it one of the options couldn't hurt?

#51 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

r8 pushed live:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r8 | Proditor-125533 | 2008-10-30 20:24:51 +0100 (to, 30 okt 2008) | 3 lines

* Changed how the frame positions itself. It should now always resize itself from the top and the left, except when it cannot go further in that direction so to speak.
* Frame is now clamped to screen.
* "/gladius hide" slash command added.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like updates from people having troubles with positioning/not being able to move the frame at all. Does it still do it? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Proditorx, 30 October 2008 - 07:30 PM.

#52 Peegee

Peegee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1330

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hey man,

I´ve been using your addon for the last 2 days and it´s amazing.. ;) Congrats on this one :)

#53 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

@People not getting the frame to show up in arenas

Please follow these steps:
1. Try running Gladius with no other addons enabled, does it still happen?
2. If yes, do this:

Gladius.lua:

Replace (Lines #36 -> #46)
function Gladius:ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA()
	local type = select(2, IsInInstance())

if (type == "arena") then
		self:JoinedArena()
print("Joined arena")
	elseif (type ~= "arena" and instanceType == "arena") then
		self:LeftArena()
	end

instanceType = type
end

With
function Gladius:ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA()
	local type = select(2, IsInInstance())

if (type == "arena") then
		self:JoinedArena()
		self:Print("Joined arena")
	elseif (type ~= "arena" and instanceType == "arena") then
		self:LeftArena()
		self:Print("Left arena")
	end

instanceType = type
	self:Print(string.format("Instance type set to [%s]", type or ""))
end

3. Report back here with what it prints out when you enter and leave an arena.

@People not being able to move the frame:

Please follow these steps:
1. Mouseover the Gladius anchor
2. Run the following script:
/script local frame = GetMouseFocus(); print(string.format("Mouseover frame [%s], Gladius frame [%s]", tostring(frame), tostring(Gladius.anchor)))

3. Report back here with what it prints.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation :-) Also thank you for your comments, I appreciate it.

Edited by Proditorx, 30 October 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#54 Ironmang

Ironmang
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

hey ive been using ur addon and its by far my favorite of the arena frames ive used.

for target of target id personally prefer another health/mana bar but smaller to the right of the current enemy players or make it movable maybe? so u cna put it to the right. anyways the parenthesis thigns is not practical imo because im doing arena and paying attention to a million tihngs and a spelled out name is kinda tough to read thruogh everything imo a box with clas icon / name / hp but smaller to the right is most viable

as for the energy as actual number / percentage i believe you shuold (if possible) make it so you can choose to have it as the actual number, a percentage or both. Personally i like it so hp is in percentages and mana/rage/energy is in actual numbers so being able to control it for each player's preference would be best imo.

thanks for the great ui!!

PS!!! can u make it so that "click this to drag" black bar goes away its annoying as hell thanks!

#55 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

hey ive been using ur addon and its by far my favorite of the arena frames ive used.

for target of target id personally prefer another health/mana bar but smaller to the right of the current enemy players or make it movable maybe? so u cna put it to the right. anyways the parenthesis thigns is not practical imo because im doing arena and paying attention to a million tihngs and a spelled out name is kinda tough to read thruogh everything imo a box with clas icon / name / hp but smaller to the right is most viable

as for the energy as actual number / percentage i believe you shuold (if possible) make it so you can choose to have it as the actual number, a percentage or both. Personally i like it so hp is in percentages and mana/rage/energy is in actual numbers so being able to control it for each player's preference would be best imo.

thanks for the great ui!!

PS!!! can u make it so that "click this to drag" black bar goes away its annoying as hell thanks!

Thank you for the feedback!

As for the click to drag, just lock the frame and it should go away.

#56 Daize

Daize
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

Love it :) If it hasn't been asked yet, here goes: I'd love it personally if there was an option to show the hp in absolute numbers instead of percentage.

Keep it up, it's awesome!

#57 Zinadore

Zinadore
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

I LOVE IT! and it will deffinatly replace proximo for me (I never thought I would say that).

#58 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

Am I wrong in assuming that it is now possible to find out everything there is to know about your arena opponents just like you would a target frame or a focus frame?

Neat.. lets get some really nice stuff implemented here.

CC timers

I see why you have it set up as you do - immunity > CC > rest. The only thing I would change here is this: by default, CC should be prioritized over everything else. Why? Because immunity will remove the CC debuff by default, and CC is sort of overriding. There isn't too much else that needs to be critically tracked, and anything that does need to be critically tracked would be rather meaningless if the target is CC'd anyway.

Good implementation. Changing the defaults on your end would go a long way. I'll keep you updated if I find any spells you forgot to put in the tracking area.

Target of target

I would make a second class icon frame to the right of each gladius frame, and simply put the class that each player is targetting. Maybe space it out a bit, or put a red border around it to indicate that it is the target. Avoids the name problem and still identifies targets easily. Forget mana/health for ToT, no need because its your party.

Anything more would make the frames too clunky and it would become like that crappy AUF addon :\.

Other random things

Mana bars should be displayed as numbers rather than percentages to identify Ret/Enh etc. Same for energy/runic power/rage.

Does this addon find stealthed enemies before they appear, or simply allow you to click on their names after they appear? I.e. can you know whether its Mage/Rogue or Rogue/Rogue from the get go? Just curious.

Take off the Race, no need to know that and it frees up space.

What about DK runes? Is that measurable using the arena IDs? If so, maybe put rune icons on top of the mana bar if its a DK. You don't really need to know that much, just basically how many Frost he has up (CoI) and how many Death he has up (burst).

Possibly a bindable key to target a designated target? Like anyone in grp can designate "swap target" at any time (thru some UI button or something), and then anyone can click a button and they all acquire the target he designated? So like, part 1 would be someone on your team mousing over a target and clicking some keybind, like R or something. Then part 1 is everyone else on the team clicks another keybind and they all target whoever the first guy picked.

Possibly synergy with other addons? I.e. dot/disease tracking optional, CoT/Slow tracking etc on the side? Seems like this could go overboard, but if its optional I wouldn't mind tracking the durations on my Scorpid and Serpents and stuff :).

Maybe a # of dispellable buffs number somewhere, to see if a target is "clean" yet?

Second focus target? "Gladius target", takes Arena IDs and makes it into a full frame with buffs and everything displayed normally, shrug..

Overall, super sweet addon.

Edited by Lysander, 31 October 2008 - 12:17 AM.

#59 Zvarder

Zvarder
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

GLADIUS ROCKS!

#60 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

Am I wrong in assuming that it is now possible to find out everything there is to know about your arena opponents just like you would a target frame or a focus frame?

Neat.. lets get some really nice stuff implemented here.

CC timers

I see why you have it set up as you do - immunity > CC > rest. The only thing I would change here is this: by default, CC should be prioritized over everything else. Why? Because immunity will remove the CC debuff by default, and CC is sort of overriding. There isn't too much else that needs to be critically tracked, and anything that does need to be critically tracked would be rather meaningless if the target is CC'd anyway.

Good implementation. Changing the defaults on your end would go a long way. I'll keep you updated if I find any spells you forgot to put in the tracking area.

True, I'll change the default priorities. But what about buffs such as innervate etc, wouldn't you want those shown in priority over ccs? Now I can't think of a very good example but say you frost nova a druid and he casts innervate, if frost nova would have higher prio you wouldn't see the innervate being cast (unless you have him targeted/other addons ofc).

Target of target

I would make a second class icon frame to the right of each gladius frame, and simply put the class that each player is targetting. Maybe space it out a bit, or put a red border around it to indicate that it is the target. Avoids the name problem and still identifies targets easily. Forget mana/health for ToT, no need because its your party.

Anything more would make the frames too clunky and it would become like that crappy AUF addon :\.

I like the idea! But what about if you're running say, rogue rogue? Class icon + optional name perhaps?

Other random things

Mana bars should be displayed as numbers rather than percentages to identify Ret/Enh etc. Same for energy/runic power/rage.

I'll make it optional in a future version (probably the next thing I'll work on if nothing critical pops up).

Does this addon find stealthed enemies before they appear, or simply allow you to click on their names after they appear? I.e. can you know whether its Mage/Rogue or Rogue/Rogue from the get go? Just curious.

Not unless they stealth just as the gates have opened.

Take off the Race, no need to know that and it frees up space.

Thought it'd be good to have to have it there incase you wanna know what racials you're up to. Well, obviously you can identify the race yourself, but it makes it faster. It's an optional text anyhow :P

What about DK runes? Is that measurable using the arena IDs? If so, maybe put rune icons on top of the mana bar if its a DK. You don't really need to know that much, just basically how many Frost he has up (CoI) and how many Death he has up (burst).

I'm not sure how runes are working. However it'd be impossible for me to implement now seeing as I do not have a beta account to test it on, but once I have a death knight created I can start testing stuff. I can almost guarantee though, that something (if possible) will be done until WotLK S1.

Possibly a bindable key to target a designated target? Like anyone in grp can designate "swap target" at any time (thru some UI button or something), and then anyone can click a button and they all acquire the target he designated? So like, part 1 would be someone on your team mousing over a target and clicking some keybind, like R or something. Then part 1 is everyone else on the team clicks another keybind and they all target whoever the first guy picked.

Hmm, that'd probably be possible but it'd require syncing. Not sure if I'm going to add this, people use vent anyhow. You can actually bind Gladius targets in bindings if you haven't seen it tho.

Possibly synergy with other addons? I.e. dot/disease tracking optional, CoT/Slow tracking etc on the side? Seems like this could go overboard, but if its optional I wouldn't mind tracking the durations on my Scorpid and Serpents and stuff :).

For CoT/Slow I suggest to just add another debuff to auralist.lua and give it an appropriate priority. I'm not really sure how to add it showing tons of buffs and debuffs without making it take up a shitload of space and look bad. Paint a picture or something if you've got a nice idea :P

Maybe a # of dispellable buffs number somewhere, to see if a target is "clean" yet?

Sounds great but where?

Second focus target? "Gladius target", takes Arena IDs and makes it into a full frame with buffs and everything displayed normally, shrug..

This is something I'm really interested in, would be quite cool. Would probably do it as a second addon "Gladius Focus" or similar tho.

Overall, super sweet addon.

Thank you and thank YOU for making up all these sweet suggestions, really helps! :)

Edited by Proditorx, 31 October 2008 - 02:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<