#41 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

I said straight up... there is no argument here, it comes down to personal preference as to what presence you want to use.

Sure, if you like to gimp yourself.

#42 Arcturus

Arcturus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:28 AM

Whatever...

#43 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

15% haste and move speed + -0.5 off the gcd is amazing, i don't see why you would opt for 15% damage over it. Hell, unholy presence will probably be mandatory just to keep up with people.

#44 Lupe

Lupe
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationCT

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:47 AM

Personally I plan on grabbing Unholy aura and staying in Blood presence. The gcd isn't that big of a deal I found on the beta, and I like having the 15% extra damage not only on my attacks, but on the diseases I put on my target, which is a decent portion of my dps. With Unholy aura, I'll have the run speed increase as well (as well as anyone else in my party).
"You're fucking scum" - Conradical (US-Garona) after losing to us 3 times in a row (all shutouts) of RBGs.

#45 Arcturus

Arcturus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

DONT DO IT U GIMP URSELF!!!

#46 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:03 AM

mmmmm chains of ice + 1 sec GCD should make 5-8 kiting a war viable. run in dump your runes and repeat.

#47 Devias

Devias
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

none of these builds have rage of rivendare, which is a flat +10% "meaningful" damage because plague strike is essential especially with desecration and 5 expertise! dodge/parry is teh suck

anyways, here's mine -

http://wotlk.wowhead...fMGh0fkhxqRcoux

imp rune tap could be subbed in for night of the dead depending on pet scaling and assuming your running with a healer. impurity isn't very good dmg increase but just a filler so 3/5 isn't a big deal and allows you to go 5/5 rage of rivendare / desecration.

magic suppression / AMZ is arguable if its worth it to spec into toughness.
from my experience with the class, its tough keeping up with snares and toughness would always be a plus for keeping up and the armor itself is nice.

there, that's my 2 cents ;p

#48 Lupe

Lupe
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationCT

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:55 AM

This is the build I've been thinking of recently, and I've tried quite a few.

http://talent.mmo-ch...050101223103150

I gave up dirge for unholy aura mainly because now that I'm giving up UB (since they took away the extra disease component), my main RP dump is the gargoyle, and that has a 3 minute cooldown. Other than that, I think I get enough RP as it is to give it up... I might lose out on a few DCs, but I'm not too worried. We'll see how it works in about a week. :P
"You're fucking scum" - Conradical (US-Garona) after losing to us 3 times in a row (all shutouts) of RBGs.

#49 Arcturus

Arcturus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:13 AM

none of these builds have rage of rivendare, which is a flat +10% "meaningful" damage because plague strike is essential especially with desecration and 5 expertise! dodge/parry is teh suck

anyways, here's mine -

Another option could be to take those 5 out of Rivendare and spend the rest in Blood, getting mark of Blood and 3/3 in Veteran of the Third War... increasing stamina/strength by 6% and 6 more expertise, especially seeing you put some points into Impurity.

#50 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:40 AM

If your not on Beta I think its hard to make any gudgments on RP generating talents.

#51 Devias

Devias
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

Another option could be to take those 5 out of Rivendare and spend the rest in Blood, getting mark of Blood and 3/3 in Veteran of the Third War... increasing stamina/strength by 6% and 6 more expertise, especially seeing you put some points into Impurity.

it's either impurity or dirge, and I've done tests to see that even though impurity isn't a ton of extra damage, its worth it. making those spells X% more effective is better than getting an extra spell or CD every X amount of casts.

and as far as the deeper blood goes, it's just a trade off. its not quite the 10% but mark of blood has its utility I'll admit. but i still feel strongly about my original post's talent build link.

Edited by Devias, 06 November 2008 - 07:11 AM.

#52 puredps

puredps
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

@devias spsec

-2 points in epidemic

+2 points in outbreak

there was a big thread about epidemic not being effective dot cycle or somethign

ill try find it

edit: not the thread i was looking for but says awkward rotation on epidemic
http://forums.worldo...d=2000&pageNo=1

Edited by puredps, 06 November 2008 - 08:49 AM.

#53 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

anyways, here's mine -

Rage of rivendare is good, but not worth sacrificing mark of blood. Just fill out 3/5.

#54 Devias

Devias
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

That thread just says that person feels its a waste to spam plague strike for the snare so don't get epidemic.

plague strike is weak damage anyways, an extra 20% would hardly be noticeable compared to an extra 6s window to scourge strike / blood strike at max damage and the dot damage from the diseases isn't bad either.

#55 Okoi

Okoi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

I agree with 21/0/50 being the strongest unholy/blood pvp spec. I ran this on the beta, it was very powerful.

#56 Chrysaetos

Chrysaetos
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

Ignoring Toughness seems not so smart in my tastes. Then again, I like snare reduction.

#57 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

I think it all depends how much I'm getting focused. If they really don't want to target me I can sacrifice mark of blood.

#58 Lupe

Lupe
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationCT

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I think it all depends how much I'm getting focused. If they really don't want to target me I can sacrifice mark of blood.

Yeah, but the great thing about Mark of Blood is that you can use it for whoever on your team is getting focused. It's a great support tool.

#59 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, but the great thing about Mark of Blood is that you can use it for whoever on your team is getting focused. It's a great support tool.

This.

Toughness is great, it's just debatable if it's worth the sacrifices you make for it. It definitely is dependent on your bracket/comp.

#60 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

so what do you use your blood runes besides cooldowns? just blood strike?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<