#41 Innate

Innate
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

personally always found bash to be unreliable, and it seems like everyone has so much stun duration reduction since the patch that i dont know if 1 second for 2 points is worth it. ontop of the fact that there are so many AoE attacks since the patch i can't really say i see brutal impact being that great. PI just seems to synergize well with rend and tear too. will be pretty obvious either way after a bit of testing anyway.

#42 Azoth

Azoth
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

personally always found bash to be unreliable, and it seems like everyone has so much stun duration reduction since the patch that i dont know if 1 second for 2 points is worth it. ontop of the fact that there are so many AoE attacks since the patch i can't really say i see brutal impact being that great. PI just seems to synergize well with rend and tear too. will be pretty obvious either way after a bit of testing anyway.

The 30 second reduction in cooldown for bash is fairly substantial. Feral has a tough time locking people down and even if bash is unreliable, being able to do it twice as often as someone without the talent is pretty good.

As far as aoe damage goes - I don't know if I can agree. Most damage seems to be heavy direct hits, though I could see where you are coming from on this since there is a good amount of aoe damage going around.

NI is the talent I'm most on the fence about these days though. 75% agi to heal just isn't enough for our heals to pack any punch, which is dissapointing. The key part of the talent is the +20% healed to cat, which unfortunately doesn't work on your own hots. I'll probably end up taking the talent but it's a tough call when it's only beneficial when you are taking damage in cat and someone needs to heal you - a situation which would normally prompt a shift to bear anyway.
Azoth - Tauren Druid <Forgotten Aspects> - www.forgottenaspects.com
Videos: www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=3159
Blog: http://www.gameriot....s/Respec-Resto/

#43 Midov

Midov
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

The key part of the talent is the +20% healed to cat, which unfortunately doesn't work on your own hots.

It does.

#44 Azoth

Azoth
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

It does.

I haven't been feral since S2 and now I don't have NI so I can't confirm, but the initial implementation didn't increase your own healing done.
Azoth - Tauren Druid <Forgotten Aspects> - www.forgottenaspects.com
Videos: www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=3159
Blog: http://www.gameriot....s/Respec-Resto/

#45 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

I haven't been feral since S2 and now I don't have NI so I can't confirm, but the initial implementation didn't increase your own healing done.

that was bugfixed if I remember correctly, but yeah it applies to your own HoTs.

#46 Artigr

Artigr
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Spinebreaker
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

.. Azoth hm Nerf Druids isnt urs series? seems i mixed up something. Double gambit 2 ferals was nice.. and whats name of outor of ND?

talent + to heal all works on u.. but it needs to be spellpower not just healing. paladins and shammys gain more from such talents
Artigr I feral rogue 2050 Cyclone S4
http://www.warcraftm...ew.php?id=90523

#47 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

.. Azoth hm Nerf Druids isnt urs series? seems i mixed up something.

Azgaz :)

#48 Knivvis

Knivvis
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

No brutal impact and pred instincts makes for a pretty poor decision. PI is more of a PvE talent.

not if ur partnered with a rogue.
brutal impact is more of a talent to go with a healer.

i think the specs matter most upon your partner.
shred builds will be very good with a rogue. u can drop NI, probably brutal impact as well, and u dont need PT. but you would want maximum dmg, so naturalist, master shapeshifter, and PI would be quite essential. or, you could drop infected wounds.
but if your playing with, say, a ret pally, u cant drop infected wounds.

however, if your playing with a healer, you will want PT, brutal impact, maybe natural reaction. if its, say, a priest you might go mangle spam to get mana burns off easier (more maims, less burst).

yet, if your playing with a druid healer, you would want to get burst in between cyclones.

see my point? there is no one spec or you suck, it all depends on your partner.

#49 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

brutal impact is overrated in 2 dps.

#50 Knivvis

Knivvis
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

with a rogue, yeah. with a warrior, probably not. with a hunter itd be key.

the point is, different talents work better with some teams than with others.

#51 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

with a rogue, yeah. with a warrior, probably not. with a hunter itd be key.

the point is, different talents work better with some teams than with others.

with a warrior it'd be on DR constantly with just intercept, saying they're not prot.

Hunter 2 DPS teams are just setting sail for fail imho.

#52 Knivvis

Knivvis
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

with a warrior it'd be on DR constantly with just intercept, saying they're not prot.

Hunter 2 DPS teams are just setting sail for fail imho.

y would a warrior use intercept on the target if the druid can just bash it?

the warrior could always intercept the otehr target and intervene back to teh druid as CC.

as for with hunters, there used to be tons of hunter double dps. hunter/rogue was decent, but rough, and hunter/lock was aplenty.
also heard hunter/mage was decent.

but we are in a new xpac now. u cant truly predict wat will be good. im simply saying if they are viable, then those particular talents will be more useful than others.

#53 pointbreak

pointbreak
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

Alright.. since PI no longer reduces the chance that you will resist AoE fears/ice novas etc, this is probably going to be the basic feral pvp spec especially for 2dps burst teams where I have found myself doing a TON of damage in a very short period of time, horay for cooldowns.http://www.worldofwa...000000000000000

although the mangle spec seems to be viable as well for more sustained damage (if your running a more outlast setup this is probably for you) in which case your spec should look something like this http://www.worldofwa...000000000000000
Im sure there are some solid variations of this (I havn't personally messed around with this spec as much as the shred spec)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<