#1 xblitzerx

xblitzerx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hi, i run a :priest::rogue: got a couple questions, we played a enhance:shaman: and a resto:druid: we tried everything we could think of but still we couldn't win. Any pointers or tips would help, thanks.

#2 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Rape the druid on the opener or lose.

#3 Romalaven

Romalaven
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

lmao no..
just stick to the enhancement shaman. he will have to either sword and board or take tons of damage if he is chasing your priest, who should easily be able to kite him with a rogue on the shaman. any damage the enhancement shaman can get should be easily healed due to no MS and how easy it is to get away from the shaman. The shaman's only slows are frost shock and earthbind totem which are both on a cooldown and can be dispelled. If the shaman turns to the rogue just /lol at him and throw up evasion/ghostly as he swings at nothing.

#4 xblitzerx

xblitzerx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

ok thanks for the help :)

#5 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

you just got outplayed

#6 Snuttefarfar

Snuttefarfar
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

I play enhance/druid, at 1950 rating atm with a new team, and though we haven't met that many priest/rogues actually, I (shaman) always use frostbrand on off-hand versus priests for 25% slow which is undispellable.. Helps me to stick on target most of the time and rogue will have a hard time to peel me off with abolish and poison cleanse totem. For some reason most of these teams figure manaburning the shaman is ultimate win for them, because they are really desperate about doing it, but one successful shamanistic rage would bring him to full mana again. EVEN if he's really oom and you somehow make him waste his shamanistic rage, most of his damage comes from auto-hitting and his water shield ticks from rogue hitting on him is gonna give him more than plenty mana for the utility he needs mana for.

I'd say go very hard on getting your fears to work on the shaman, make 100% sure you take tremor out and can make a succesful fear and then work with fear/sap and blind/sap/fear etc and if you can catch the druid in fear as well and rogue can restealth and re-open on him with stuns and manaburns then that is gonna be really hard to recover from. It's all about what you can create, but you have the ability to control the shaman and totems are easy to track down so you have a good chance of winning this. Think of enhance/druid as a warrior/druid that you can fear alot more if you can just manage the totem hunt. The shaman really can't help the druid much against the rogue except for poison cleanse totem and earthbind/frostshock.
And of course if you have a good chance of bursting the shaman, don't hesitate for a second. If you can get him without his shield with full stunlock duration you should have little problem with bursting him if the druid is away. Just remember if he gets to put shield and shamanistic rage he's gonna be absorbing like 50% extra of your rogue's damage so the last % of hp can last a long time if you have too slow burst.

Edited by Snuttefarfar, 08 October 2008 - 06:52 PM.

#7 Iisindria

Iisindria
  • Isindria
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Step one: Target the Shaman.

Step two: Win.

If you stick in the Shaman they will not be able to get a kill on you whatsoever, unless your terribad.

#8 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

If you stick in the Shaman they will not be able to get a kill on you whatsoever, unless your terribad.

this matchup is INCREDIBLY tough if your priest is shadow....but laughably easy if your priest is disc (no healing debuff lulz).

#9 Parmesan

Parmesan
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Vashj
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

LOL?!

This fight is so easy for shadowpriest/rogue its laughable.

Just pick one and kill it. The shaman cant peel for the druid. Also the shaman cant mitigate enough damage to not get raped by spriest rogue damage.

#10 Tolin

Tolin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

hmmmmm, cyclone??????

#11 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

Obviously the people that thinks this comp is a joke has never met a good enhance/droodl.

Even though it's not the hardest comp ever, it can be tricky if the shaman is really good.

Still i'd say rogue stick on the shaman and try to blind early since if the shaman is any good he wont let the druid be fear for longer then 1-2 seconds.

#12 Snuttefarfar

Snuttefarfar
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Ah, dunno what kind of teams you've met but for disc/rogue to go on shaman with 14k armor who actually gets to hit your priest, which any decent enhance/druid team would be able to, you're not going to win the mana war. Rogue does too litle on shielded enhance shaman and with half duration cripple and double cleansing, he's going to be shiving ALOT to keep him slowed, which further reduces damage. Include cyclone on rogue and entangle if priest runs too far, or cyclone on priest when he gets too far away from the shaman and shaman WILL be on the priest if they put their mind to it.

And any double dps team with rogue is easy for enhance/druid simply because double poison cleanse will allow for alot of full healing received and shadowpriest wont live long if they leave the shaman alone, same with warlock.
But guess you're going to have to try your way forward. Seems you people met alot of retarded druid/enhance though.

When you pick a tactic to run against a comp you shouldn't include the fact that they might be retarded and you might get a free win going for the wrong target, even if it may work against some of the teams. You should look at both teams full capabilities and assume they both play as good as they are allowed by their class, and play the game accordingly. If you then find out they are retarded, you will have an easy win either way you play it.
Out of personal experience, having 480 resilience in shield (with relic resilience shock proc) and 14k armor and 10% block if I turn to target, I've found tanking melees are one of the easier tasks in arena as enhance, and my druid has no problem whatsoever keeping me up against warriors or rogues, or double dps for that matter. They HAVE to switch for my druid or they will lose with 100% probability.

#13 Siqk

Siqk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

this matchup is INCREDIBLY tough if your priest is shadow....but laughably easy if your priest is disc (no healing debuff lulz).

Because purge on a disc priest's instants makes it easy to heal through?

#14 Ragozi

Ragozi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dragonblight
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

rogue opens on shaman, priest mounts and fears druid...pi yourself and spam smites into the shaman...he'll get HELLA low hp...if u do it right, druid will trinket...if he doesnt, gnite shaman. burn EVERYTHING you got to kill the shaman...and everytiem your fear is off cd use it on the druid...as soon as he trinkets blind him...gg.

#15 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

rogue sit on shaman. problem is that with 2 poison dispels the shaman never dies, not that anyone else does. just saying

#16 Snuttefarfar

Snuttefarfar
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

rogue opens on shaman, priest mounts and fears druid...pi yourself and spam smites into the shaman...he'll get HELLA low hp...if u do it right, druid will trinket...if he doesnt, gnite shaman. burn EVERYTHING you got to kill the shaman...and everytiem your fear is off cd use it on the druid...as soon as he trinkets blind him...gg.

How can you ACTUALLY think the druid will ever trinket fear or even be affected by fear when the shaman can stomp tremor the very second you fear and it's gotten rid of already? I sincerely hope there is no druid/enhance team bad enough that will ever suffer a loss from this severe case of crapass strategy.

#17 Haiku

Haiku
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

This team is pretty hard if u vs a good one :S, but no you can't kill the druid rofl. (nearly GOT HIM MAN..... oh wait my priest just got purged to death). priests go oom ridiculously fast with an enh shaman on them (spamming flash = gg), when i've vs'd a good team playing this combo we just glued to the enh shaman, luckily my rogue was mut so poison's weren't that big a problem (if poison cleansing isnt autoswung by the priest within 5 seconds of it going down they have downs.)
da king

#18 Sabottage

Sabottage
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

You're bad.

#19 Snuttefarfar

Snuttefarfar
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

This team is pretty hard if u vs a good one :S, but no you can't kill the druid rofl. (nearly GOT HIM MAN..... oh wait my priest just got purged to death). priests go oom ridiculously fast with an enh shaman on them (spamming flash = gg), when i've vs'd a good team playing this combo we just glued to the enh shaman, luckily my rogue was mut so poison's weren't that big a problem (if poison cleansing isnt autoswung by the priest within 5 seconds of it going down they have downs.)

As mutilate I can see how you wanna stick on the shaman. Faster application of poisons and constantly having a back to pound on makes for a good target. It's a good idea. Otherwise I would seriously recomend ccing the shaman and working the druid.

#20 Drmoo

Drmoo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

Sit on the shaman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<