#1 Norro

Norro
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:22 AM

This is a great site already by the way because it actually filters idiots from Blizz forums - nice job, I hope to see it grow as a community.

I would like some thoughts on the following matrix decision. I currently 2v2 with an enhancement shaman and I am a shadow priest. We just hit 1700 rating today and are pretty pleased with our progress, no real road blocks yet, but some tough matches against heavy armor, high stamina teams.

I would like to know if the 2v2 would stand to lose or gain in viability to rise to a higher rating by replacing the Shadow Priest with an elemental shaman.

Many thanks.
Norro

Spriest

#2 Xios

Xios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2410

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:40 AM

I find that there aren't many shamans as a whole in a high 2v2 bracket. Yes, there are top teams with shamans but not many. I am yet to see an enhancement shammy high in the 2v2 bracket. In fact, the only team i have seen using an enchancement shammy was a 5v5 eurpoean team in the qualifying rounds of a tournament. I can't see that combo going high without changing lineup.

A few strong combos that can work with a shadow priest are as follows:
sp/lock
sp/frost mage
Shadow priests only really fit into a two dps 2v2 team...you may find another combo that works but those two are the most common.

#3 Chasanak

Chasanak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kalecgos
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

So basically you're comparing spriest/enh shaman with ele shaman/enh shaman? It seems to me that ele shaman/spriest would be better than either because whenever you have multiple of the same class you lose viability. However in the case of enh shaman/spriest there's really no synergy and neither can really heal if need be.

Given those options i suppose sp/enh shaman is stronger, however i agree with the poster above that a lock/frost mage or potentially a rogue would be more beneficial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<