#1 Swahili

Swahili
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

I've heard a few comments about people triple stacking lifebloom in arena. IMO this sounds crazy, but I'm open to here if others have found this to be successful.

I just don't see how you could maintain 3 stacks of lifebloom very long in a 2v2 arena. Triple stacking is only mana efficient if you can keep it up for long periods of time. There is so much else going on that this shouldnt be possible in an active 2v2 match.

I'm anxious to hear feedback.
Swahili - my 70 drood twink

#2 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'd say it depends. Against lock/spriest I definitely want the triple stack up there. Against low damage attrition teams, not so much.

The mana efficiency of a triple stack of LB is insane. Nothing rivals it, not even pally heals (pallies can stack more healing gear in arena though so the previous statement may not be fully correct under actual conditions). But that is only true if the healing is not wasted. So if the opposition is applying constant high damage to one target (warlock/spriest trying to burn down my warrior partner) it would be a mistake not to keep it going.

#3 Furioni

Furioni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

^ As said above you want lifebloom3x on dual dps teams and just 1 on a low dps teams usually dps/healer.

Grow some balls and come get slained and stick the 5's bracket.
-RamboJohny

#4 Meany

Meany
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

I stack lifebloom against any setup its really good trust me.

#5 Swahili

Swahili
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

I'm looking for a little more intellgent answers than just "it's good trust me". I'm not sure that I do trust you actually, your ratings are not impressive.

I beleive that lifebloom stacking is very situational. The ONLY time I even attempt to stack lifebloom is if I know that I can keep it up for more than 1 or 2 cycles of triple stacks. It is not mana efficient until that point. One example of this situation is a double DPS team focusing on my partner, in which case stacking blooms is awesome. This is, however, a very RARE circumstance for me and my partner.

My typical healing involves me hotting up my partner and running away to LoS and/or drink.
Swahili - my 70 drood twink

#6 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

My tipical rule is if im hotting and running one stack and if I have to spam because of to much dps I stack 3 w/ a rejuv and spam regrowth :/

Oh btw I transfered to Cho'gall half a week ago 2044 2v2 2022 3v3 1923 5v5 not bad for less than a week :/

#7 Elrathion

Elrathion
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

I'm looking for a little more intellgent answers than just "it's good trust me". I'm not sure that I do trust you actually, your ratings are not impressive.

I beleive that lifebloom stacking is very situational. The ONLY time I even attempt to stack lifebloom is if I know that I can keep it up for more than 1 or 2 cycles of triple stacks. It is not mana efficient until that point. One example of this situation is a double DPS team focusing on my partner, in which case stacking blooms is awesome. This is, however, a very RARE circumstance for me and my partner.

My typical healing involves me hotting up my partner and running away to LoS and/or drink.

this guy is dead on correct :>
Who is General Failiure and what is he doing on my pc?

#8 nord

nord
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

when damaged: lifebloom
if not enough: rejuvenation
if not enough: two lifebloom
if not enough: three lifebloom
if not enough: regrowth

if burst: swiftmend
if further burst: instant HT
if further burst: regrowth

When I anticipate burst I often cast up to three stack lifebloom as fast as possible and try to keep that stack going for the duration of burst. That way I can save the few cooldowns we have for the truly dangerous moments.

These simple rules helped me and my warlock friend to rank 20 in the 2vs2 tournament semi-finals.

Lifebloom (and to lesser degree rejuvenation) is our bread and butter for pvp. They are instant and that reason alone makes them invaluable and seperates us from the drawbacks the other healing classes have, bu it doesn't stop there, they are tremendously mana effective even if you don't optimize lifebloom duration. Resorting to other spells like HT and regrowth just makes you susceptible to be countered and they should only be used as a last resort for that reason.

Swahili: you should concentrate more on +heal than the sta belt/trinket. 1236 +heal is a little low. That may be the reason you feel hot's aren't good enough. Also, I don't quite agree with your talents but that's more personal taste than truth.

#9 Mounsif

Mounsif
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

3 lifeblooms are used more frequently in 3s/5s, but since you don't really play 3s/5s, I can understand why you feel that 3 lifeblooms aren't used that often.

2s are usually full of 1 DPS + 1 Healer teams, which are very easy to heal through without 3 stacks of lifeblooms. 2 DPS teams usually need a lot more healing power though.

Also, your partner is a SL/SL lock, which can tank way better than a rogue or warrior. Not only do SL/SL locks take wayyyyyy less damage than rogues/warriors (especially warriors, 10% dmg buff from zerker stance), you also heal them better since they have fel armor and Siphon Life and possibly Drain Life healing them. You can probably heal with 1 lifebloom for the majority of the fight with all the fears/roots/cyclones you can use to control people with.

#10 Sarita

Sarita

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:28 PM

I love the utility of life bloom and I end up using it differently in different situations. Against shadow priest/lock it's usually 3x on whoever is getting focused. Actually, I end up using 3x lifebloom against most 2x dps teams. Against most teams however I find that I don't need 3x stacks and just go with 1 and let it bloom. Another situation I found myself stacking 3 lifeblooms on myself was against a warrior/pally team when I had JoJ on myself. I was able to keep myself alive against the warrior without running away. (albeit, not nearly as sustainable mana wise as running.) It did give me enough time to shake JoJ and run away. (20 seconds, so reasonably mana efficient triple stack)

In 5v5 I've both solo healed and healed with a priest or a pally. In both situations I find myself putting up 3 lifeblooms on whoever has MS on them and trying to keep it up for as long as possible for maximum mana efficiency.

#11 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:38 AM

I don't see how you can beat warlock/spriest as warrior/druid without triple stacking lifebloom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<