• Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 2/0/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1729
  • 3v3: 1951
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

I played priest lock pretty high before giving up on it. We never lost to any 2 dps but spriest rogue UD occasionally. We were able to do 2050 with 4 losses i believe. Trust me if all your going for is your weapons, you should be able to get them. A good priest lock can beat any of the "counters" a lot of the time, especially in the 1900s. Druid rogue and druid lock past the 2ks is pretty impossible. Your best chance on rogue is to get a gib, and most of the time that wont work too well. Druid lock GL killing pets and putting enough pressure (if ur in BE you lose). anyway, you should try to adjust your playstyles cuz 2050 is definitely doable

#22 boi3o3

boi3o3

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

Priest rogue isn't really a counter to priest lock post fel armor buff. Unless the rogue is 4/4 and UD I'd say it's quite an even match, honestly. In fact a lot of the teams you mentioned aren't really counters.

What? Druid war/hunter/enhance doesn't counter priest/rogue? Seems damn near impossible to beat those team unless the druid is very very bad and get's feared by me constantly, and even then it's hard for us to win because the shaman/warrior would start gettin defensive with shield and relfect/shock/grounding.

#23 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:31 AM

What? Druid war/hunter/enhance doesn't counter priest/rogue? Seems damn near impossible to beat those team unless the druid is very very bad and get's feared by me constantly, and even then it's hard for us to win because the shaman/warrior would start gettin defensive with shield and relfect/shock/grounding.

You might want to read the post you quoted again.

#24 boi3o3

boi3o3

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

ooops thought u were talking about my post.

Edit: I think teh only true counter is druid/rogue and enhance/druid. Everyhting else is doable.

Edited by boi3o3, 18 September 2008 - 12:36 AM.

#25 Maty

Maty
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Malygos
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

/win against anything not Druid/Rogue, except on Blade's Edge.
S2 Lock/Hunter - 1793 Challenger
S3 Lock/Rogue - 2269 Duelist Lost Glad due to Counters.

Remember Yesterday, Think About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

#26 Jason

Jason
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

yeah, your only counters are druid rogues or really good priest rogues.
Posted Image

#27 demonfear

demonfear
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

obviously it's skill cuz there's resto shamans / locks above u (like my 2's).. and against any combo, it'd be better to have a disc priest..

#28 Maty

Maty
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Malygos
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:19 AM

Any comp can do decently well, it's just skill level.
S2 Lock/Hunter - 1793 Challenger
S3 Lock/Rogue - 2269 Duelist Lost Glad due to Counters.

Remember Yesterday, Think About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

#29 heavenscloud

heavenscloud
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dalaran
  • Stormstrike

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:31 AM

Priest rogue isn't really a counter to priest lock post fel armor buff. Unless the rogue is 4/4 and UD I'd say it's quite an even match, honestly. In fact a lot of the teams you mentioned aren't really counters.

I'm going to agree. I got 2214 doing priest lock. Druid/rogue is probably one of the few comps I'll say is a true counter. We did get farmed by two UD rogues with massive pve gear that pretty much opened on priest with cheapshot, followed by wotf/closs, and priest was dead before he could do much of anything.

I disagree with op, I think priest warlock is actually pretty cool because you do stand of a shot of beating just about anything if you play your cards right.

#30 Penguinsa

Penguinsa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:53 AM

Most those counters you listed aren't really counters. The only 2 matchups that are so lopsided i would list as counters are rogue/rogue, and druid/rogue when the rogue is undead.

Nightfall doesn't make this setup impossible, and while a druid will be easier it will only be like 50pts easier so don't overexaggerate composition strength rather than finding a skilled partner.

#31 Baghdaddy

Baghdaddy
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

8th day into s4 me and my priest partner hit 1959... months and 600 games later, still bouncing 1900-2k. Of all those 600 games, we have never dropped below 1900 and never reached past 1997.

Why? is it because we are failing at skill/gear/mods/communication/cc/q dodging/fps/lag..no,thats not why.

Maybe Nightfall just has an excess of counter teams for priest/lock (even though 70% of the fights are uphill battles for any BG), we have finally accepted the inevitable fail at trying for weapons with this comp because literally, no joke or exaggeration when i say this, of 10 games per week that we now limit ourselves to we play 8 counters. We usually go 4-6 or 5-5 because the 2 games that werent counters were us trashing some mage/rogue or sham/war and the other 2-3 other wins came from bad druid/rogues or bad priest/rogue.

The point is, of the "viable" teams that are seen alot; Druid/anything, mage/rogue, sham/war, priest/rogue, priest/hunter, priest/mage, maybe even rogue/rogue and lock/rogue.. priest/lock beats 3/10 of these teams. Druid/anything is 50-60% of the games we play if not more its a joke, literally if you are a priest/lock over 2k then you have been fighting alot of double dps and warrior teams.

I have decided to stop playing my team since it is agony (no pun intended) trying to get 2050 and now i am raising a priest/druid/lock 3s team (45-15 1857 after the first week). This comp in 3s however has few counters or at least fewer than running a priest/lock in 2s needless to say it wont take 600 games to break 2k with this team.

In conclusion to this essay (loljoke), priest/lock is not worth the hassle, let your priest grab a hunter or rogue and let your lock grab a druid, you;ll find it MUCH easier.

I've fought you guys plenty of times before and to be honest, you're just not really that good. Other priest/lock teams have given me a much harder time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<