#1 Kurropt

Kurropt
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

8th day into s4 me and my priest partner hit 1959... months and 600 games later, still bouncing 1900-2k. Of all those 600 games, we have never dropped below 1900 and never reached past 1997.

Why? is it because we are failing at skill/gear/mods/communication/cc/q dodging/fps/lag..no,thats not why.

Maybe Nightfall just has an excess of counter teams for priest/lock (even though 70% of the fights are uphill battles for any BG), we have finally accepted the inevitable fail at trying for weapons with this comp because literally, no joke or exaggeration when i say this, of 10 games per week that we now limit ourselves to we play 8 counters. We usually go 4-6 or 5-5 because the 2 games that werent counters were us trashing some mage/rogue or sham/war and the other 2-3 other wins came from bad druid/rogues or bad priest/rogue.

The point is, of the "viable" teams that are seen alot; Druid/anything, mage/rogue, sham/war, priest/rogue, priest/hunter, priest/mage, maybe even rogue/rogue and lock/rogue.. priest/lock beats 3/10 of these teams. Druid/anything is 50-60% of the games we play if not more its a joke, literally if you are a priest/lock over 2k then you have been fighting alot of double dps and warrior teams.

I have decided to stop playing my team since it is agony (no pun intended) trying to get 2050 and now i am raising a priest/druid/lock 3s team (45-15 1857 after the first week). This comp in 3s however has few counters or at least fewer than running a priest/lock in 2s needless to say it wont take 600 games to break 2k with this team.

In conclusion to this essay (loljoke), priest/lock is not worth the hassle, let your priest grab a hunter or rogue and let your lock grab a druid, you;ll find it MUCH easier.

#2 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:05 AM

priest / rogue is by far worse.
priest / hunter requires better coordination.
priest / lock is fine

#3 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

priest lock isn't great but no it's definitely not bad enough that you'd be stuck at 1900 for months. fact is theres things you could be doing better regardless of how stubborn you are about admitting
Posted Image

#4 Kurropt

Kurropt
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

thread wasnt about the options my priest had if i went with a druid but im not disagreeing with you, i do believe lock/priest is the best comp for a disc priest but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks. To make that big long post short and sweet, when you fight druid/rogue druid/lock druid/hunter and then random double undead rogue teams over and over and over again 600 times, it cant be bad luck. those teams are popular, and they just so happen to counter my team. WTB double dps and warrior teams. (War/druid can be a pain but in the 1900s most are a joke)

#5 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

Druid/anything, mage/rogue, sham/war, priest/rogue, priest/hunter, priest/mage, maybe even rogue/rogue and lock/rogue.. priest/lock beats 3/10

Not really.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#6 Kriegar

Kriegar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:16 AM

There is absolutely no way it's the comp if you're stuck at 1900. Pri/Lock isn't the best comp by any means, but it's not so weak that you're getting countered at those ratings either.

#7 proff

proff
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:56 AM

None of those comps you mentioned are direct counters...instead of blaming it on bad luck, work on your strat and outplay them.

#8 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:02 AM

thread wasnt about the options my priest had if i went with a druid but im not disagreeing with you, i do believe lock/priest is the best comp for a disc priest but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks. To make that big long post short and sweet, when you fight druid/rogue druid/lock druid/hunter and then random double undead rogue teams over and over and over again 600 times, it cant be bad luck. those teams are popular, and they just so happen to counter my team. WTB double dps and warrior teams. (War/druid can be a pain but in the 1900s most are a joke)

Druid lock is easily beatable, especially 1900 druid lock, same for druid hunter, same for double rogue. Basically everything you mentioned... are teams you can farm. The only druid hunter i've ever lost to was one that was top 10 in the BG. We also split with a top 10 ds druid/lock. "Counter" is not a word that applies at 1900 at this point in the season, unless you're talking about a mage team vs druid/warlock.
Posted Image

#9 Desamation

Desamation

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

Id have to say Druid/rogue is really the only major counter to this combo. I ran it last week fucking around with a friend and beat everything else fine, except when we got to the 1900s the rogues we faced got alittle better. But thats not saying much most rogues that play druid rogue arent very good.

#10 sandpaper

sandpaper
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:10 AM

priest / warlock is a direct counter comp to shaman / warrior

you failed right there with that statement,

Edited by Alphatier, 18 September 2008 - 12:17 AM.

#11 nEtt1k

nEtt1k
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:31 AM

i just played on my friends warrior around 1890 played warlock priest 3 times in a row and easily lost every game. I got close to killing the lock once with some nice rng but he still wasn't dead and when my shaman gets cc'd forever with totem eater from the felhunter into fears, there isn't a whole lot to do except try to spell reflect a few spells and try to help my shaman get some heals on me. spell lock to priest fear after tremor is dead > shaman

#12 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

The key is to figure out what beats druid warrior consistently, then run it non stop. If you want to do well in 2's at least :P

#13 Tahaa

Tahaa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eitrigg
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

Priest lock does fairly well on druid/warrior actually. The very good ones will outlast you though.

#14 Kurropt

Kurropt
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

lol? at? sandpaper? huge lol at sandpaper? i think so, read both my previous posts and tell me where i said sham/war was even remotely hard for priest/lock are you stupid? Read B4 you post alright bud. Wait no, your not a bud, your a piece of trash thanks to the others who actually read my post right though cheers.

#15 Kurropt

Kurropt
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

Not really.

true, i just listed a couple of teams at higher ratings and it beats about 4 teams give or take a little. Depends on race in some situations like the rogue/rogue team.

#16 Lilic

Lilic
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:44 PM

1900 priest/lock should beat 1900 war/druid.

#17 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

lol? at? sandpaper? huge lol at sandpaper? i think so, read both my previous posts and tell me where i said sham/war was even remotely hard for priest/lock are you stupid? Read B4 you post alright bud. Wait no, your not a bud, your a piece of trash thanks to the others who actually read my post right though cheers.

I believe blatant smack talk like you put in this post is reserved for people that actually HAVE their S4 weapons....

Priest/lock is fine, l2p.

#18 boi3o3

boi3o3

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

I think the hardest combo for priest lock is druid/rogue. It's feels impossible to beat this comp, even against really retarded players don't die against us. Druid/enhance si quite hard too. I think't its a better combo then priest/rogue. Priest/shs pvp gear rogue just feels like it's impossible against a lot of druid teams. Druid/war/, druid/hunt, druid/enhance, druid/rogue, seems impossible. Even against druid/lock I feel its quite hard. Maybe the rogues I'm playing with isn't that good.

#19 Divert

Divert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:14 AM

I think the hardest combo for priest lock is druid/rogue. It's feels impossible to beat this comp, even against really retarded players don't die against us. Druid/enhance si quite hard too. I think't its a better combo then priest/rogue. Priest/shs pvp gear rogue just feels like it's impossible against a lot of druid teams. Druid/war/, druid/hunt, druid/enhance, druid/rogue, seems impossible. Even against druid/lock I feel its quite hard. Maybe the rogues I'm playing with isn't that good.

PvE geared rogue helps a lot. Priest rogue was originally designed to stomp warlock teams, which they still annoy, but which mostly got fixed with fel armor change. Still a strong team, but arguably harder to play now, or at least more gear dependent.

#20 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

Priest rogue isn't really a counter to priest lock post fel armor buff. Unless the rogue is 4/4 and UD I'd say it's quite an even match, honestly. In fact a lot of the teams you mentioned aren't really counters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<