#41 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Armory is buggy for me atm so I can't compare the stats.

However I am certain you don't have more AP in full PvP gear over someone with triple SWP 4/8 T6 and 4/5 S4.

I'll venture a guess that he has 1/3 in careful aim and you have 3/3. That's 100 AP right there. If you both used the same spec you'd see he has more AP.

With my char I have about 2090AP with viper and dual wield 30 int weapons and 3/3 careful aim (full pvp gear).

I agree that wasting stat slots on stamina is bad, but it's his char, Mega only plays it.

I don't use 3/3 Careful aim, that's a waste as it prevents going 7/41/13 with the correct talents for dps.

You have 2090 AP with socketing Agility, double your AP from gems and you see where I get 2100+ AP from with 1Hs/viper?

Even without S4 shoulders and S4 OH i'm at 2080ish with battlemaster on.

20 AP>10 agi for pure dps, so I socket AP in all reds and 10 AP 5 crit in all yellows besides one (said this earlier, many times in other threads :D), and 24 AP/speed with 12 agi boots as well.

Yeah just saying because mega said it's the best geared character for arena.

I would ditch 2 pieces of the T6 and resocket that crap, but that's just what the spreadsheet says. Who knows, maybe 15 stam gem saves ya ;)

#42 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

Points in BM are a waste when you play like that IMO. That strat works the exact same way with or without the pet.

0/41/20 with 4pc T6 I'm...
Hawk + TSA
2167AP
36.5 Crit
1267 ARpen
827-1004 damage range
302 Resilience
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#43 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

Points in BM are a waste when you play like that IMO. That strat works the exact same way with or without the pet.

0/41/20 with 4pc T6 I'm...
Hawk + TSA
2167AP
36.5 Crit
1267 ARpen
827-1004 damage range
302 Resilience

I agree with that statement for that combo, but you can't do that for druid rogue, warlock/druid, or other dps/healer comps.

See the main thing you gain over full PvP gear with 20 AP gems is 2% crit and a ton of ArP. Your AP is actually lower in some cases.

I was at 2200-2250 AP with hawk usually, but my ArP sucked ass without the ArP from offpieces you get.

#44 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

I agree with that statement for that combo, but you can't do that for druid rogue, warlock/druid, or other dps/healer comps.

See the main thing you gain over full PvP gear with 20 AP gems is 2% crit and a ton of ArP. Your AP is actually lower in some cases.

I was at 2200-2250 AP with hawk usually, but my ArP sucked ass without the ArP from offpieces you get.

I do that with every comp actually except rogue priest.

Rogue/Druid is easier.

The warrior is usually rooted or cycloned when I go for a scatter trap, it's all about setting up your kills.
Posted Image

#45 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

I wear 4 piece 4 piece and maintain nearly the same stats as my dwarf hunter. You can't tell me that wearing that much PvE gear is bad in arena.

I'd much rather have that gear setup over my current one any day, but I take what I get
Posted Image

#46 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, he has my hunter in full PvP gear by 400 ArP, but has ~100 less AP and 1% less crit, for 6 more resil.

Doesn't seem too great to me.

If I still had S4 shoulders equipped as MM, sitting at 2102 AP with 1Handers(30 int) and VIPER on with 34.14% crit. Not sure if with 400+ resil targets ~100 AP and 1% crit outweighs 400 ArP.

The legendary bow is obviously better, but other than that I would have just stayed full PvP gear outside of 2pc t6 and not waste retarded gemming that doesn't fit itemization.

Rofl at that guy socketing Stam....

I was sitting at 2070 AP, 355 DPS, 1300 armor penetration and 34% crit with VIPER and 1 handers with 382 resil and 12k hp (With MOTW).

Please tell me that gear setup was anything but flawless.
Posted Image

#47 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Was I missing something or do you just not steady much? I didn't dl, so maybe the quality made me miss it, or perhaps you simply didn't have time.

Just asking since I figured that would be the strength of 4/4 and thoridal.

#48 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

I was sitting at 2070 AP, 355 DPS, 1300 armor penetration and 34% crit with VIPER and 1 handers with 382 resil and 12k hp (With MOTW).

Please tell me that gear setup was anything but flawless.

We are talking unbuffed. Yes, you have me by some figure of ArP.

I don't gemming for stamina and 12agi 3% crit meta gem flawless, but sure it's pretty close.

What I mean is IE first CC chain druid trinkets. Second one warrior intervenes the trap (SR the roots, that's the only root they have...come on zerker stance with 2H with Aimed shot charging in LoS?!!). Third trap warrior trinkets if he needs to to either intervene trap again, fear you, or pillar. Fourth trap druid trinkets. Repeat

#49 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

I don't gemming for stamina and 12agi 3% crit meta gem flawless, but sure it's pretty close.

What I mean is IE first CC chain druid trinkets. Second one warrior intervenes the trap (SR the roots, that's the only root they have...come on zerker stance with 2H with Aimed shot charging in LoS?!!). Third trap warrior trinkets if he needs to to either intervene trap again, fear you, or pillar. Fourth trap druid trinkets. Repeat

Growl the SR :D

You can growl all the SR's due to growl's 5 sec c/d, it's quite nice.

#50 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

Growl the SR :D

You can growl all the SR's due to growl's 5 sec c/d, it's quite nice.

Heh, that doesn't work just like growling groundings doesn't work if the opponent isn't bad =/

Server-client reaction time allows things in that you can reflect as many spells as are cast on you within the timeframe of communication in which Spell Reflect is active, hence why Shatter combos work and you can SR 2+ spells. So use it at the last 0.5-0.3 sec of a root cast and it could take a Growl+Roots+Faire fire, won't matter.

Dunno, maybe i'm expecting too much of 2200+ players.

#51 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

Lol even hunters now are all using 4 T6/4 S4... Makes me fucking sad.
ツ シ

#52 TheTester

TheTester
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

hey look its 4+4 + thoridal
SURPRISE SURPRISE PVE GEAR
S1: 2s 61st place + 3s 23rd place + 5s 2nd place (Hunter/druid and stuff)
S2: 2s Duelist + 3s 12th place + 5s 11th place (We quit)
S3: 2s 6th place + 3s one day Gladiator + 5s Vengeful Gladiator
S4: Lolglad from something when we quit

#53 Maplestory

Maplestory
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

Makes me want to have thoridal so I can complete my gear :(.

#54 Macrospamftw

Macrospamftw
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/2/0/2/2

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:25 AM

Lol even hunters now are all using 4 T6/4 S4... Makes me fucking sad.

brb stacking resil bonus', taking 20% less physical damage, sacking my pet for a damage shield, and draining your life and mana for next to no mana cost to replenish my own.

my 1300 resli shaman got nuked down by a rogue through roar of sac and masterscall over frost traps not to mention the discpriest spaming offensiveabilitys while i sat in blind/fear/dismantle/to fear again and when i was out double evasion cant touch rogue back into fear and well envom is worst than any war my shaman can heal through war damage but envom with discpriest = dead

MM hunter complaining about burst damage.

#55 Wildo

Wildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

The stam is for the meta. You need 2 reds 2 blues and 2 yellows. Since he is using that much pve gear, he used a 15 stam to make up for some of the stam he lost. You're pretty clueless.

Edited by Wildo, 08 September 2008 - 07:14 AM.

#56 Finaroth

Finaroth
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

The stam is for the meta. You need 2 reds 2 blues and 2 yellows. Since he is using that much pve gear, he used a 15 stam to make up for some of the stam he lost. You're pretty clueless.

You're pretty clueless, if you armory that character he's well above 13.5k hp with Motw.

And furthermore, that meta is inferior, especially for PvE geared setups where your sockets are limited.

Thanks.

#57 drole

drole
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

You're pretty clueless, if you armory that character he's well above 13.5k hp with Motw.

And furthermore, that meta is inferior, especially for PvE geared setups where your sockets are limited.

Thanks.

Look at the buffs, that is with Tremendous Fortitude. ~12k normal.

However i will give you for that for the effort you need to put into getting such gear the payoff is miniscule compared to what certain other classes got at certain times.

~130 ap
a quite large amount of ArP
~-3 % crit
80 hp
~20 int
~300 mana
oh and ~15 hit rating is what he gets statwise compared to my craptastic gear. By no means impressive, sorry :(

Edited by drole, 08 September 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#58 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

Look at the buffs, that is with Tremendous Fortitude. ~12k normal.

However i will give you for that for the effort you need to put into getting such gear the payoff is miniscule compared to what certain other classes got at certain times.

~130 ap
a quite large amount of ArP
~-3 % crit
80 hp
~20 int
~300 mana
oh and ~15 hit rating is what he gets compared to my craptastic gear. By no means impressive, sorry :(

That list is a 5-10% increase in AP, crit chance and int and a 100% increase in ArP. If that's not impressive I dunno what is :P

#59 Tzatziki

Tzatziki
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

That list is a 5-10% increase in AP, crit chance and int and a 100% increase in ArP. If that's not impressive I dunno what is :P

How about rogues going from straight PvP gear to 4/5 4/8 and glaives? :P

The difference in the pressure they can put out is just phenomenal...

#60 Tammyaway

Tammyaway
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

How about rogues going from straight PvP gear to 4/5 4/8 and glaives? :P

The difference in the pressure they can put out is just phenomenal...

That's more about class mechanics though. In practice Hunters only gain a fraction of their stats because of constant LoS issues in arena preventing us from dpsing freely as a rogue would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<