#41 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

Seriously, you must have gotten lucky and fought no good druid/lock teams. We made 2201, then plummeted because that's almost all that we fought, even when we queued a few games on different days.

Man, after running this in 2's for a few days, I really find myself gravitating back to 3's.

We'll queue, face a few good comps (Druid/warrior, or rogue/priest) and then fight a string of 2dps, kill our rating, repeat. Its endless and a little demoralizing; there are very few "Given" comps for you, and oh so many that are near automatic losses.

After playing a few games of Holy/Feral/Warrior, it seems like RMP sucks to play like always, but overall it is actually enjoyable. Perhaps I'm new at this, but it feels like my dislike for 2v2 has been renewed. :(

#42 Amarillo

Amarillo
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 1152

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

when did rogue priest because a good comp lol

Official Blizzard Quote:

hard in da paint

#43 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

when did rogue priest because a good comp lol

Good comp for us to face. Its second-string because of Warrior/Druid, which I also like facing.

The annoying part is that we so rarely fight these teams and find ourselves up against 2dps and warlock/priest or warlock/druid.

#44 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

How fucking retarded is it that Warlock/Druid is something I'm starting to LOOK FORWARD to facing?

Seriously, any 2dps team with a caster you might as well just leave the game as soon as you see them come out the gates.

#45 Andemoni

Andemoni
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

You shouldn't be tanking your rating because of double dps teams with the exception of spriest/lock (a dead comp) and mage/rogue when getting unlucky with dispels. You need to coordinate with your warrior better, I'd say, and turtle more if he's getting gibbed.

#46 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

Warlock/Rogue is one of the easier comps for you to beat imo, really easy to kill the lock if they are on your warrior, and if they are trying to kill you they'll never get to you with your warrior peeling the rogue and keeping them both hamstrung.
Posted Image

#47 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

Warlock/Rogue is one of the easier comps for you to beat imo, really easy to kill the lock if they are on your warrior, and if they are trying to kill you they'll never get to you with your warrior peeling the rogue and keeping them both hamstrung.

Its mostly rogue/mage that feels hopeless. I've lost us one or two warlock/rogue games just by not freedoming earlier and eating a fear, allowing the warlock to walk away slowly and avoid any damage.

Still, its downright obnoxious fighting 2dps. I almost miss fighting rogue/mage as a priest, lol.

#48 Blackhalo

Blackhalo
  • Blackhalo
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Its mostly rogue/mage that feels hopeless. I've lost us one or two warlock/rogue games just by not freedoming earlier and eating a fear, allowing the warlock to walk away slowly and avoid any damage.

Still, its downright obnoxious fighting 2dps. I almost miss fighting rogue/mage as a priest, lol.

Play paladin/warlock. You will auto win against double DPS like hardcore. All other matchups are doable except druid/rogue, we roll hard to druid/rogue. Priest/rogue is tough but winnable from my experiences. Don't look at my shit 9-9 record this week, its emberassing and I'm MAD (emphasis on mad)

#49 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

Play paladin/warlock. You will auto win against double DPS like hardcore. All other matchups are doable except druid/rogue, we roll hard to druid/rogue. Priest/rogue is tough but winnable from my experiences. Don't look at my shit 9-9 record this week, its emberassing and I'm MAD (emphasis on mad)

A competent druid/lock will give you hella trouble, we got to 2140 with 5 net losses, then got farmed down by a good one. They'll just keep the pet above 80% the entire game, and pillar hump your lock so he's hard pressed to get fears off.
Posted Image

#50 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:39 AM

My solution to 2's has always been 3's. I don't know whether its the additional member to coordinate with, but something about it always seemed more intuitive to me.

I'll probably try some more with 3.0.

#51 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:25 AM

My solution to my paladin is my druid :o
Posted Image

#52 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

My solution to my paladin is my druid :o

Lol. For all the power a druid has, I find the experience so dull and mind numbing I can't stand the play.

Oh well. I'd play beta if I could find something good to do besides stand around. :(

#53 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

It's enjoyable, especially running a comp like WMD in 3s instead of some FOTM team.
Posted Image

#54 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

Yes because WMD totally isn't run to death on some BG's.

#55 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

It's enjoyable, especially running a comp like WMD in 3s instead of some FOTM team.

Yeah. I'm not having too much frustration in 3's. We actually did pretty good once I got orientated into playing 3's as holy.

Though my connection has kept us from trying any more games for a few days. Verizon has never failed me before. :(

#56 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

Yes because WMD totally isn't run to death on some BG's.

Never seen many on any battlegroup.
Posted Image

#57 Trucked

Trucked
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

my tip for the op is get a better warrior. as pala/war most of the time all you can do is bend over so dont get 2 flusterd

Edited by Trucked, 21 September 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#58 demonfear

demonfear
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

Heya, I did some 2's as Holy with my Warrior friend today cause his usual partner is away for a bit. I have to admit I'm not very experienced with the setup but I think I have good knowledge of what I should be doing - I can keep attention of the other team's cooldowns and position pretty well as well as the good time to switch and burst someone.

After doing ~100 games, we've been stuck at 1850 and simply cannot get over 1900. Either I'm getting oom, or I get CC'ed and my Warrior dies. I know I'm making a few mistakes here and there, but nothing too drastic - it's only because I lack good practice and I'm more used to the Ret playstyle. It's pretty stupid how often I've been CC'ed for 15-25 seconds while being completely unable to do anything. Once my bubble is down, it's very difficult for me to do anything but heal, I'm always trying to catch up. Sometimes my war can be at 70%, a fear gets through and it's over for us (fear/fear/cyclone/cyclone/charge/bash/silence).

I'm completely at loss as to what else I should be doing. I've noticed that games that we win are games that I try to play offensively, helping my Warrior with stuns and seals, some DPS, but when they start CC'ing me, it's over. After that all I'm doing is trying to catch up on the heals and the only time that can happen is when I use bubble. Basically, I'm quite at loss as to how the hell can people go above 2k with Pal/War. I've watched 2-3 videos of 2.2k+ s3 holy/war teams, and honestly I have no idea what they did more than I did. And I can't say I'm having trouble with this or this setup; I won matches of every setup, but I've lost to druid/war too, for example.

Basically, to all you 2k+ pallies, are there any specific tips you'd have to give? How do you play aggressive while keeping both yourselves up? How do you survive (or avoid) long chains of CC? Anything beyond "lol juke teh silences!" would be appreciated, really.

against lock/druid, have ur warr get on the druid, put HoJ when he's in caster, make sure u keep JoJ up, and put BoF on ur warr when he needs it, force them to play offensively.. Feral charges are the easiest thing in the game to fake cast and u should do that.

#59 Sohle

Sohle
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

just tell me to what you are losing to. Druid / Warlock is 10% win chance but all other comps you have a near 50% chance to win. Except Rogue/druid and rogue/rogue thats a 70% chance.

#60 Wirbelsturm

Wirbelsturm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1648

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

just tell me to what you are losing to. Druid / Warlock is 10% win chance but all other comps you have a near 50% chance to win. Except Rogue/druid and rogue/rogue thats a 70% chance.

50% for everything else? LOL ... Druid/Hunter? Nope. Lock/Priest? Nope. Could go on, War/Pal has WAY more lop-sided games than just Lock/Druid and very few games it should win if the other team plays properly. Basically, outplay opponents or lose (or outplay AND lose).

"As someone who used to enjoy Warcraft lore, I despise that the most meaningful PvP in the game pits me against my own faction for the entertainment of Goblins. I absolutely hate it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<