30% chance for something to proc for 10 seconds. Think about that.
Last time I checked I don't recall a Druid rooting my partner or myself, and then in a 10 second span try to CC me again.
The only reason why I'd pick up sacred cleansing would be against caster double dps teams and/or lock/x. All in all, I don't think the talent will be as prevalent in 2s rather than 3s and 5s.
Alright I've been trying my best to hold back and not comment but I can't help myself now.
1) priest/rogue, the priest loves to put on shadow word:pain and rogue has poisons. This is one of the better situations for cleanse where it'll remove 2 debuffs at once. Applies to druids as well with Insect Swarm or Moonfire DoT.
2) You mention you'd only use it against double DPS teams and Lock/X teams which is honestly a very high number of teams already. Then you consider that it also helps against say Restokin/Rogue and Priest/Rogue teams and pretty much its good against any non healer/warrior matchup.
3) Hunter drain teams. Their scorpion pet is on you, your cast cleanse until you get the 10 second buff. It's not hard to proc as 30% is quite high of a chance considering the ability is instant cast with no cooldown. Now you can resist his viper sting.
4) There are many tricks/strats you can use to decrease the efficiency/mana cost of cleanse spam. In many scenarios you cast cleanse more than once. Given that fact, the following macro can help
/equip AQ40 Libram to Decrease cleanse cost
/equip weapon with spell haste
/equip weapon with spell surge enchant
This macro gets around the recent nerf to weapon swapping. It won't benefit you for teh first cleanse cast but it will benefit you for all subsequent casts. You can also have a macro which reverses all of these equips on the final cleanse.
So you can have a modifier such as shift to cast cleanse #1 and swap in all the cleanse equipment. Then you cleanse spam for a while and on the final cleanse you have a modifier such as CTRL to swap back on all your normal healing gear/librams. Another thing to consider is the talent Purifying Power which may decrease casting cost of cleanse by 10%.
5) Many paladins would agree that Unyielding Faith (10% resist fear/disorient) is a 'must have' 2 talent points. No one has a problem throwing 2 talens just to stop fear/disorient which probably would help in less cases than 30% chance to gain 30% resist on poison/magic/disease. So I don't understand why you are so strongly opposed to spending 3 talent points to help against even more matchups.
6) Death Knights are coming soon and they deal alot with diseases, something which cleanse also helps against.
Lots of the strats take extra effort but that's why paladin is the toughest class to succeed with in 2's. You have to do every little damn thing to gain an advantage.
Edited by Blackhalo, 29 August 2008 - 03:03 PM.