Photo

(holy) lvl 70 talents when content patch comes out?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Hubris

Hubris
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

This is one:
http://wotlk.wowhead...udGVuMoRZVGzhoh

30 second Hammer of Justice will be pretty sweet along, with 30 yard Judgement range. I'll, of course, try out Divine Guardian as well. I'll have to see what kind of teams I'll be fighting mostly when the expansion talents hit.

The build(s) Jacen linked might be pretty good as well. With the changes to Holy Wrath, it might even be worth getting the Purifying Power talent.
My 5v5 team: Shake n Bake
Former Rank 13 Druid; Keeper.
I teamhop, which means that my ratings aren't always entirely accurate.

#22 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

What classes do paladins currently have trouble with?

read: Casters, more specifically warlocks

you guys over estimate the value of crit, when you can't get off heals, crit is fucking worthless.

#23 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

Some points for us to note.

1) Will 50% reduction of curses reduce the damage of curse DoTs by 50%? (yes I know the main curse we're worried about is Tonguees, my question is still valid)

2) You put 5/5 into the talent which gives +5% crit to physical/spells in the ret tree. I disagree with this as you are not maxing out Sanctified Light which gives 2% crit to Holy Light and Holy Shock. You're trading off 1% melee crit and flash of light crit for 2% crit chance on Holy Light/Holy Shock. Bad trade imo.

wait 1% fol crit is > than 2% HL+ HS crit?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

5/5 is filler, its not like I had a choice to get sheath

#24 ariezs

ariezs
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

http://wotlk.wowhead...GVuMhZZVfMxd00o

love this spec that steamer posted.

#25 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

Why the fuck wouldn't you just eat two out of holy guidance and stick em in sheath of light?

#26 steamer

steamer
  • Junkies

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

http://wotlk.wowhead...hVuMoZZVfMxd00h

Had a change of thought. cant decide tho wheter to put 2 points in eye for and eye or 1-2 points in holy guidance

i guess its down to how much pve gear you are wearing

#27 clicker

clicker
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

hey fellas i'm in the beta, i've done a bit of testin and you guys are getting hyped over new shit that isn't so good

http://wotlk.wowhead...hdGcuMhRZVGkh0h

stick to the basics. sheath of light sounds nice, but crits are usually overheals anyway and you can't down rank no more. the hot also overwrites itself ala deep wounds

sacred cleansing is good only because it's RNG. it's like a mace stun for spell resists. it's 30% spell resist after you cleanse -- if you get off winter's chill, your buddy has a chance to resist poly. it's good if it works, blows if it doesn't, and the chance for it to not work is too high

judgements of the wise is far too deep for holy, don't even think about a 40-0-31 type spec until 80

judgements of the pure blows, it's currently completely broken on beta but even if it does work you need to 1) have a seal up -- only a 2 min duration 2) judge every 30 seconds, which is difficult sometimes if you're busy healin

blessing of kings will be the favored blessin because there's no longer Light. you can still reapply wisdom after the "extra" mana from kings fades to give yourself a 1.3k mana advantage

30 sec cd hammer of justice, don't need to say much more about dis one

lata kidz

#28 Soxx

Soxx
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

I love what Xarrio is saying, but I think sacred cleansing is going to be really really good.

Here's what I will probably do to start:

http://wotlk.wowhead...udxhdGVuMeRZVGz

You will have max spell power, curse duration, stun duration, fear duration, dispel resistance, kings, and RNG awesome cleanses. Primarily a 3's and 5's build.

#29 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

30 sec cd hammer of justice seems really nice but i dont see it working in 3v3 and 5v5 tho, so will probobly stick to Soxx's spec
I hope sacred cleansing will be crucial against shadowplay :P

Edited by Vlada, 27 August 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#30 Fatalis2

Fatalis2
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

This for WOTLK or before?

#31 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

before. 3.0 will be last patch in TBC and its going live on PTR soonish

#32 Badpanda

Badpanda
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

I don't know. I really think Sheath of Light will make a huge difference in 2v2 and 3v3, where we currently struggle. I'll be testing many specs on the PTR but currently I'm looking at this for Holy: http://wotlk.wowhead...zGVuMZZxfMxr00h

Probably move a few things here and there, I put points in imp. BoM cause with Sheath of Light it's 100 spell power which is pretty interesting. If it's not worth losing the Mp5 I'll put some points in imp. BoW.

#33 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

You know how much your life will be easier vs casters with sacred cleansing.Your 2v2 games vs druid will be piss easy with Enlightened Judgements and if you roll with PvE gear with good haste i dont think its good to drop Judgement of the Pure also.But i agree that Beacon of Light must be tweeked for PvP alot as its useless now, put more range on it and that it should heal target also.Your spec seems only for 2v2 viable as for 3v3 and 5v5 when your forced to spam heals and so much CC involved its not really good to have so many ret talents.

#34 Badpanda

Badpanda
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:32 AM

Yes the spec I'm looking at right now for 80 is 48/0/23 picking up both Sheath of Light and Sacred Cleansing. As I said I'll spend a good portion of my time playing on the PTR's testing things out with both Ret and Holy specs as I'm still undecided on what spec I want to chose. I'm also fairly sure Blizzard has more stuff coming for Paladins, they haven't looked at our talents since the beginning of Beta.

#35 Mitsaklas

Mitsaklas
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

I love what Xarrio is saying, but I think sacred cleansing is going to be really really good.

Here's what I will probably do to start:

http://wotlk.wowhead...udxhdGVuMeRZVGz

You will have max spell power, curse duration, stun duration, fear duration, dispel resistance, kings, and RNG awesome cleanses. Primarily a 3's and 5's build.

I like that one with divine intellect instead of holy guidance though!

#36 Nn

Nn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

Like Xarrio said, Sacred Cleansing seems like it's too RNG based. Yes, I agree it'll work well with a double DPS team, but how much do you cleanse your partner in 2s against say for example Warrior/Druid?

Sacred Cleansing seems like it'll be more of a 5v5 based talent if you ask me.

Edited by Nn, 28 August 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#37 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

how much you cleanse vs e.g.Warlock/priest or warlock/druid in 2v2?

#38 clicker

clicker
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

currently, not unless my pal has devouring plague
in 3.0, only enough so that the 30% resist buff stays active

#39 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

Imagine cleansing roots off your partner, then having it proc. Druids wastes time trying to cylone/root. Same with lock dots etc.

Also, imagine that buff up with all the other anti resist shit, bubble will have a 10% chance to be dispelled by MD and all your other buffs will be the same like HoF HoP HoS.
Posted Image

#40 Nn

Nn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

Imagine cleansing roots off your partner, then having it proc. Druids wastes time trying to cylone/root. Same with lock dots etc.

Also, imagine that buff up with all the other anti resist shit, bubble will have a 10% chance to be dispelled by MD and all your other buffs will be the same like HoF HoP HoS.

30% chance for something to proc for 10 seconds. Think about that.

Last time I checked I don't recall a Druid rooting my partner or myself, and then in a 10 second span try to CC me again.

The only reason why I'd pick up sacred cleansing would be against caster double dps teams and/or lock/x. All in all, I don't think the talent will be as prevalent in 2s rather than 3s and 5s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<