#1 Dinadass

Dinadass
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

I run as affliction in arenas, with a shadow priset and ele shaman in 3v3, with a warrior and paladin added for 5v5. I'm usually the one who focuses the most on CCing healers once I get UA and some other DOTs on the main target, and I've been messing around with using a focus target to make it easier.

I have my keybindings set up so that Shift+F sets my current target to be my focus target, and my spell lock macro is bound to X (If I just hit X, it locks my current target, if I hit shift+x it locks my focus target).

The issue I'm having is that generally, non-pally healers spend so much time running around and staying out of LOS that it's a pain in the ass for me to make them my focus. I'm usually too busy trying to DPS down the initial burn target to spin the camera around and look for the healer, then make him my focus, get back on my target, and lock down the healer when needed.

So, to any other warlocks (or Mages, Spriests, etc who have to worry about CCing/Interupting off-targets) any advice on a way to make it easier? I'm just starting to use Proximo too, is it possible to set my focus off of that, or are there addons that could do something similar?

Thanks in advance,

#2 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

I'm just starting to use Proximo too, is it possible to set my focus off of that, or are there addons that could do something similar?

You can set the right click action of Proximo to set your focus =)

#3 Amenti

Amenti
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

I'd just take an extra half second before the fight starts to find your focus and mark him.

Edit: Didn't know that Proximo trick, neato.
Field Marshal, Gladiator x2 Season 1
Shadowgarde of Sargeras

Don't make me flip out and gain more rep than you.

#4 Dinadass

Dinadass
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ah cool I will have to do that then. Haven't really messed around with Proximo to see what it can do, just been using it to view health of other players. I'll have to spend some time messing around with it.

Bought a new mouse with several more buttons than my old one too, should make it easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<