Olympic Competition Conclusion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#1 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:29 AM

This evening marks the end of the our Olympic Arena competition. We have had a fantastic time with the competition and watching so many teams compete. We hope you guys have had a good time as well.

Now that the competition is complete we need to ask everyone who competed and qualified for entry into the raffle to go over to the AJ Olympics leader boards and verify you appear there with the correct rating for any applicable teams. Unfortunately during this competition the Armory has been slow to update. Because of this we are going to continue to update the entries until after maintenance this Wednesday in the hope that Armory will have updated by then.

If you do not appear on our Olympic leader boards or you appear but at the wrong rating, please post a link to your team (in the event that your team page on Armory has updated) in this thread and an in game screen shot of your team's vitals.

After we are convinced everyone eligible has been included we will draw 5 3v3 teams and 5 2v2 teams. The members of the first four 2v2 and 3v3 teams drawn will receive a WWI08 Tyrael pet card. The remaining 2v2 and 3v3 teams will receive Wrath of the Lich King beta keys. The winners will be announced in another news post and we will contact the members individually. So stay posted!

We hope everyone had a good time.

#2 Gorrak

Gorrak
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:37 AM

First, loved the tourny was alot of fun cheers everyone that was apart of it <3

#3 Sabottage

Sabottage
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:44 AM

was great fun playing in ajolympics team and beating ajolympics teams, thanks! :)

#4 Maty

Maty
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Malygos
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:13 AM

That was so exciting :D My rogue and I played soo many games to get there, and it was thrilling when we did hit it. Thanks! Loved the competition!
S2 Lock/Hunter - 1793 Challenger
S3 Lock/Rogue - 2269 Duelist Lost Glad due to Counters.

Remember Yesterday, Think About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

#5 moonwalk

moonwalk
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

My team reached 2142 yesterday, lost a few games down to 2067, and our druid emologged on us. We're listed as 3 tickets now, and not 5.

I was under the impression that it was based off your top rating, and not your rating when the competition closed. Otherwhise why can people disband teams?

Sabottage said:

was great fun playing in ajolympics team and beating ajolympics teams, thanks! :)

"Wow, they were a good team", "Yeah, we should get lots of points from them", "Wtf, 5 points?", "Oh, it's an AJOlympics team too, sigh"

#6 Revorta

Revorta
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:30 AM

My 3v3 was at 2106, dropped to 1950, and is no longer there, but my 2v2 at 2027 is still listed even though IT dropped. *sigh*

#7 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

It's just a timing issue. We go by this to see if teams made the list. The only time we said we will take your highest rating is if you break the 2200 barrier (because there is no higher bracket).

As for teams dropping below 2k, since we only keep track of teams 2k+, we have no way of knowing if you dropped below, so consider yourself lucky.

#8 Thongs

Thongs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:02 AM

@Tyveris

We already have 2k, but if I were to leave this team to just play with some friends would I no longer be qualified for my 25 tickets?

#9 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

Thongs said:

@Tyveris

We already have 2k, but if I were to leave this team to just play with some friends would I no longer be qualified for my 25 tickets?
If the team is listed on our site at the final rating you played it to, it should no longer receive updates and you should be fine. Taking a screenshot of the olympics page to be safe wouldn't hurt.

#10 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

Maty said:

That was so exciting :D My rogue and I played soo many games to get there, and it was thrilling when we did hit it. Thanks! Loved the competition!

I was leveling a rogue to 2050, felt pretty sad steamrolling AJOlympics teams while not being one yourself :(

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#11 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

Super fun, 2200 go.
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#12 Krexigor

Krexigor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

hello !

Saw my team up here now, just wanted to ask if i can leave team now without anything happens :D ?

//Krexigor

#13 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Krexigor said:

hello !

Saw my team up here now, just wanted to ask if i can leave team now without anything happens :D ?

//Krexigor
If it is at the final rating the team was at, yes.

#14 thesnowman

thesnowman
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

@Tyveris

My team is planning to move to medivh within the next day, but is entered in the competition under area 52 for 25 entries. Will this affect weather we are eligible or not for the competition?

#15 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

thesnowman said:

@Tyveris

My team is planning to move to medivh within the next day, but is entered in the competition under area 52 for 25 entries. Will this affect weather we are eligible or not for the competition?
No you will still be eligible, but thanks for the heads up if we need to find you :)

#16 Krexigor

Krexigor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the fast reply! :)

#17 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

So wouldn't this more or less means the contest doesn't end till Wednesday, since the teams will keep updating?

And where it says "after maintenance this wednesday," is that a typo or does armory go under maintenance on wednesdays?

Edited by Craton, 25 August 2008 - 08:51 PM.

화이팅

#18 Slilent

Slilent
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

So wouldn't this more or less means the contest doesn't end till Wednesday, since the teams will keep updating?

Would like to know about that....

#19 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Craton said:

And where it says "after maintenance this wednesday," is that a typo or does armory go under maintenance on wednesdays?
EU armory has maintenance Wednesday. The US one is Tuesday. We are waiting for both to finish.

If the armory is lagging on updates, anyone trying to get last minute games in now won't show up until after the drawing are complete. So the competition is over, we are just making sure we have all the teams that competed on our list before we do the drawing.

#20 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

But basically if you lvl a team completely on Tuesday being EU, and you're lucky enough for it to update in time, you're in still? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<