• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2358
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Would it bring you back?

Discuss

Edited by Wixzy, 26 March 2018 - 10:48 AM.

Twitch.tv/wixzylol - Hpal 3s

#2 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

The only thing that's ever going to bring me back are well executed legacy servers.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#3 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

doubtful

Its not rly that fun to play pvp alone :)

PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#4 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

doubtful

Its not rly that fun to play pvp alone :)

Ah it's funny you say that because i'm the complete opposite, nowadays i find legion gameplay so awful i can only bare a couple hours a week, most the time i log in, pick whatever class i fancy playing and go on group finder to find pugs, MOST people are not voicing anymore, most people are not taking this game seriously like they used to which is mainly due to the game not attracting new players, so we have a game with an ageing population which means more people are getting jobs and have responsibility in their lives and so simply don't get to play as much, by having a ranked solo queue system in my ideal world i'd log in to whatever class i choose, blacklist a few classes i don't want to be matched with (some control over what comp you auto-queue with) and queue up and the game would automatically find me a team to play with around my "solo queue 3v3 rating"(seperate brackets).

Basically it would be a ranked system that can also operate as a group finder tool as say you find two others who you feel are doing well and you want to continue to play with them, great! You can invite them to group and queue up "group queue 3v3".

For RBGs the case is even better, maybe they should try it out with RBGs first to see how it goes.

Edited by Wixzy, 26 March 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#5 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

Ah it's funny you say that because i'm the complete opposite, nowadays i find legion gameplay so awful i can only bare a couple hours a week, most the time i log in, pick whatever class i fancy playing and go on group finder to find pugs, MOST people are not voicing anymore, most people are not taking this game seriously like they used to which is mainly due to the game not attracting new players, so we have a game with an ageing population which means more people are getting jobs and have responsibility in their lives and so simply don't get to play as much, by having a ranked solo queue system in my ideal world i'd log in to whatever class i choose, blacklist a few classes i don't want to be matched with (some control over what comp you auto-queue with) and queue up and the game would automatically find me a team to play with around my "solo queue 3v3 rating"(seperate brackets).

Basically it would be a ranked system that can also operate as a group finder tool as say you find two others who you feel are doing well and you want to continue to play with them, great! You can invite them to group and queue up "group queue 3v3".

For RBGs the case is even better, maybe they should try it out with RBGs first to see how it goes.

well you rly should of included your vision from the start. Under that pretext I find it hard to argue that It wouldent be appealing.
But! its a playerbase split in a community that from what I understand is shrinking.

Maby its time to reintroduce incentive to get high in 2v2 / 5v5? let the casuals get something from playing.

PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#6 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

well you rly should of included your vision from the start. Under that pretext I find it hard to argue that It wouldent be appealing.
But! its a playerbase split in a community that from what I understand is shrinking.

Maby its time to reintroduce incentive to get high in 2v2 / 5v5? let the casuals get something from playing.

This point alone is in my opinion the reason Blizzard don't want it atleast next expansion, they are scared that it will split the small amount of PvPers left in the game and as such potentially kill arena all together,

The problem with incentives is that they already removed the good ones, things like Arena Master title, Glorious Tyranny enchant, Tabard and cloaks were completely unique to PvP and they always stood out from the crowd, seeing a red enchant for the first time was the absolute reason i decided to start pushing rating, i don't think the incentives now are anywhere near as interesting but i can't think of the solution for that and honestly i don't play the game as much anymore so i wouldn't know how often a player stops next to you and says "Wow that looks so cool how do i get it" but i can't imagine it's as often as it once was.

#7 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

Pvp is seriously too shit imo. Get rid of 80% of defensives. Get rid of 80% of instant 0 to 100% hp heals or put them on a 5 min cd. Make CC way more meaningful so if a healer is out in the open 24/7 it’s fucking game so shit like everyone sitting in mid doesn’t happen. Make it so you can kill someone without cds so it’s not a game of “NEXT GO AROUND NEXT GO AROUND 1 MIN ON CD”. Take away 80% of interrupts or make it punishing/clutch to use them (think of wotlk warriors). I’m not even sure what else they would have to do to fix this face roll shit show

#8 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

This point alone is in my opinion the reason Blizzard don't want it atleast next expansion, they are scared that it will split the small amount of PvPers left in the game and as such potentially kill arena all together,

The problem with incentives is that they already removed the good ones, things like Arena Master title, Glorious Tyranny enchant, Tabard and cloaks were completely unique to PvP and they always stood out from the crowd, seeing a red enchant for the first time was the absolute reason i decided to start pushing rating, i don't think the incentives now are anywhere near as interesting but i can't think of the solution for that and honestly i don't play the game as much anymore so i wouldn't know how often a player stops next to you and says "Wow that looks so cool how do i get it" but i can't imagine it's as often as it once was.

The cool factor is probly still there just the casuals only PvE they used to atleast play some PvP and vice versa ofc. Infact playing PvE was key to getting the best PvP items and sometimes playing PvP was key to get the best PvE item.

Idk I only played wow for the PvP so I cant relate but I used to watch in awe on the highrated "pros"

PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#9 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/./0/0/1/2
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Playing older expansions for a bit and then going back to legion is hilariously depressing and they will never recover from that. The changes they need to make is too drastic and i dont think the general playerbase can handle that.

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#10 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:34 AM

#TeamSoloQueue

Posted Image

#11 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Playing older expansions for a bit and then going back to legion is hilariously depressing and they will never recover from that. The changes they need to make is too drastic and i dont think the general playerbase can handle that.

Agreed. I can go back to wotlk and bc arenas and when I come in fresh off of healing in legion I get my ass rocked faster than shit because I actually have to worry about position, fake casting isn’t optional anymore, and mana is actually something that can lose you the game FAST. I go back to legion from playing wotlk and my brain just turns off

#12 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

Agreed. I can go back to wotlk and bc arenas and when I come in fresh off of healing in legion I get my ass rocked faster than shit because I actually have to worry about position, fake casting isn’t optional anymore, and mana is actually something that can lose you the game FAST. I go back to legion from playing wotlk and my brain just turns off

The thing is with Legion is that they decided to completely revamp every single class, from a healer perspective i had 10x more fun in WoD than Legion, i just feel like i can't really affect much in Legion but maybe that's just me, i feel like i'm always behind and my heals themselves don't do anywhere near enough so the game is completely cooldown dependant, it's boring.

What they did with holy paladin in Legion still makes me sick, the playstyle was fun in WoD it didn't need changing much but they completely revamped it, that's what i hate about Blizzard, for every single expansion they feel like they need to change everything, but why? I can't understand why Blizzard insist on doing this every time, the game changes every expansion on a fundemental level for example Legion is in my opinion the "arcade cartoon" expansion, all the artwork seems super childish in Legion, the games lost it's seriousness, all the classes are super dumbed down with things like buffs, healer interrupts, strong non-cooldown healing just completely gone the game feels completely different to before and it doesn't feel "right". Denounce glyph with the PvP set bonus increasing your crit every denounce was an absolutely amazing playstyle it just felt perfect to use, i can't say the same for hpal now :(

Edited by Wixzy, 05 April 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#13 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

imagine wanting to destroy any sense of community more than it already has been

#14 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

imagine wanting to destroy any sense of community more than it already has been

TBH this wouldn't destroy anything.  Its just re-purposing.  You can't tell me that legion pvp has any sense of community outside of people who already have played together for a long time.  You post in LFG "2200 cr 45x Gladiator team LF healer"  Then you find some random guy, play games until you lose one or maybe two, he leaves, and then you go back to LFG to repeat.  

#15 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

TBH this wouldn't destroy anything.  Its just re-purposing.  You can't tell me that legion pvp has any sense of community outside of people who already have played together for a long time.  You post in LFG "2200 cr 45x Gladiator team LF healer"  Then you find some random guy, play games until you lose one or maybe two, he leaves, and then you go back to LFG to repeat.  

^ This.

6603c9afd44278bd4825c49fa0e5cd3b.jpg

#16 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

Yeah this su cks

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

<