Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

Anyone else have Alpha access?  Does BFA Lock feel kind of like WotLK style to you as well?(Obviously easier but it gives me a WotLK Feel)

6603c9afd44278bd4825c49fa0e5cd3b.jpg

#2 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Jw how exactly does it feel like wotlk aff?  I would love it to feel this way honestly.

#3 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

Jw how exactly does it feel like wotlk aff?  I would love it to feel this way honestly.

Here's my spec http://bfa.wowhead.c...affliction/cyAM

Shadow embrace + Nightfall was a HUGE nostalgia ripple for me.  Little things like that just made me so happy, like so so so happy.
At some point in WotLK you could stack S.E. with Haunt (they ended up changing that I'm pretty sure later in the expac) so it emulates that feel. 
Nightfall makes it instant cast so obviously it is better than Haunt in most instances, and its proc rate seems very similar to that of WotLK
(This may become a lesser spec depending on what talent is shown in Nightfall's tier for the 3rd option, hopefully it doesn't take away from it's magnificence *fingers crossed*)

Creeping death also helps to bring together the WotLK feel, I felt like in earlier expansions you didn't have to worry so much about the rotation of dots, they would just be up for a long time, but in WotLK I felt like I had to constantly keep watch on them to ensure they were on each target, it really kept me on my toes.

Drain Life replaced Drain Soul in BFA and often times in arena when I wasn't spamming DoTs, dodging kicks, kicking, kiting, I was spamming Drain Life as a filler.  (Drain Mana would've been nice too, but with how the game is right now spell count, other class' spells, etc. I'm happy with Drain Life, I don't want it to be unfair) 

Also, it does hurt that Demonic Circle is NOT baseline, so it does depend on your current composition on talent choices and what your opponent is running.  I would take it depending on if it was a double caster or double melee or hybrid.

The game also seems to be running a lot smoother in terms of feel of key presses, cast times, and etc. it may just be the low population on the alpha as of now, but it feels similar to WotLK's travel times (instant cast timing), though traveling casts such as Haunt seem quicker paced which is definitely a good thing imo.

So far, that's all I have noted.  

#4 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:03 AM

Interesting. I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to as close as a recreation of wotlk rotations as possible. Ua stacking rotation is seriously annoying and I also could live without the whole rotation of every spec cycle around fucking soul shards.

#5 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

Interesting. I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to as close as a recreation of wotlk rotations as possible. Ua stacking rotation is seriously annoying and I also could live without the whole rotation of every spec cycle around fucking soul shards.

It honestly feels like so much of a different game than what it used to be, which of course is a good thing in terms of expansions, it'll get bland, and it's been around 8 years since it's been in that respect, which could be beneficial or detrimental in ways... I really hope that they keep it this way for maybe the start of it and add onto it and build so it can be unique from that xpac but still have that same taste of nostalgia from what I think of as the glory days of WoW.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BFA, Affliction, Warlock, Lock, Afflic, Alpha, Beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<