Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Only hard counters for :priest::warlock: are :druid::warlock:, :druid::rogue: and a good :hunter::priest: can be hard too.
Vs other setups its 95% win, and :druid::warrior: is a free win even when played perfectly imo
2 weeks ago rank 3 but -30 rating vs every of those counters with half a brain isn't fun anymore...

What about Double Rogue and Rogue+SP ^^?

Further, warr+resto might not be a hard counter, but in S4 the MU is rather in favour of the warr team. Easily 70:30.

#42 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

Closest thing to a counter, be it soft or hard for :druid::rogue: would be either double rogue, Mage/Rogue, or Lock/Rogue. Anything else is beatable if played correctly.

DS Druid/Lock is actually making it's way to being a soft counter at the least now.
Posted Image

#43 Aeger

Aeger
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

lol warrior druid was the only setup i lost 95% of the games to when i played lock+priest, seemed alot harder than rogue+druid

Ok this is about what u do...
Make sure u dot the warrior before he charges to you, dispell him and dot him full including priest dots, most of the times the warrior is around 50% hp when druid pops, spell lock after that fear him, (pre)death coil the druid and start precasting fears for when fear might break on him, if the warriors annoying cast a fake fear or two.
Priest should power infusion himself and smite, mind blast, sw:d on the warrior and he should be down before the druid can cast NS
If the druid cast NS and is caught in spell lock or deathcoil both lock and priest spam dispell on him :) even if the warrior is excelent at intervening u should win just keep nuking the warrior

What about Double Rogue and Rogue+SP ^^?

Further, warr+resto might not be a hard counter, but in S4 the MU is rather in favour of the warr team. Easily 70:30.

Double rogue can be tricky but after u lose 1 u know what to do, priest should use trinket on first 6 sec kidney, fear fast and lock fear as much as possible, when 1 or 2 rogues are feared priest should run LOS and heal up, lock dots both rogues and 1 of them should die faster than ur priest will die if everything goes good :)
if they go for ur lock u pretty much win 90%

Rogue/sp shouldnt be hard with good communication, priest LOS the sp as much as possible and lock should fear rogue and priest when possible, lock focus dmg on rogue and he should die pretty fast, if one of u get's feared the other should dispell him asap, so lock has to save his dispell only for dispelling his priest.

In both matchup u should spam every global cooldown u have and power infusion + holy nova spam in critical situations

PS: its useful to have a lock with 1300-1400 spell dmg and priest play very offensive when possible
PS: reflective shield on every cooldown is a nice dmg bonus too :)

Edited by Aeger, 27 August 2008 - 12:18 AM.

#44 shubidubab

shubidubab
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

My name is Cursewtfownd, also known as Curseomgownt.

I hold #7 :priest::warlock: in Bloodlust 2v2 at 2,322 with a 69-3-3 DC's record.

I hold #4 :warlock::druid: in Ruin 2v2 at 2,301.

I am the highest Priest/Warlock 2v2 in the world, and the only one that has REMOTELY a 80%+ win/losss ratio.

\

ahuahuahuahuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahaaha

ekekekekkkkkekkkekkkkekkekekkkkkk

LOL

what an introduction

#45 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

Make sure u dot the warrior before he charges to you, dispell him and dot him full including priest dots, most of the times the warrior is around 50% hp when druid pops, spell lock after that fear him, (pre)death coil the druid and start precasting fears for when fear might break on him, if the warriors annoying cast a fake fear or two.
Priest should power infusion himself and smite, mind blast, sw:d on the warrior and he should be down before the druid can cast NS
If the druid cast NS and is caught in spell lock or deathcoil both lock and priest spam dispell on him :) even if the warrior is excelent at intervening u should win just keep nuking the warrior

It seems that you never played a good warr+resto team. The ones we play actually know how to play vs. priest+wl. This means the Resto will heal the warr at 90%. He will stay on max rang and dodge fears. Of course he needs the help of his warri doing this:
The one of us who is currently not targeted by the warri usually tries to be between the warri and the drui. The one in the target pulls warr around a corner (out of los) if possible. What they do to counter this strat is, however, the warri always switching to the tragte next to his druid. The druid is additionally moving away/out of los if necessary. With harmstring you have a hard time catching up for a fear. The WLs fear casts can be pummeled.
If the warri really gets under pressure (what will usually happen) he goes defensive. Intercept maybe. Running away with the druid , leaving his harmstringed enemys behind. The using los healing back to full. (e.g. in nagrand they just run in parallel around the pillars once or twice while the hots are ticking.) What you can do then is to keep the pressure up (difficult if they know how to play) or accept the reset and drink. In the long run, however, you will lose the mana war.

Long story short: Only bad resto+warr teams allow a gib vs priest+wl. Vs good teams this will be a quite difficult and long fight where the resto teams usually comes out on top.

Double rogue can be tricky but after u lose 1 u know what to do, priest should use trinket on first 6 sec kidney, fear fast and lock fear as much as possible, when 1 or 2 rogues are feared priest should run LOS and heal up, lock dots both rogues and 1 of them should die faster than ur priest will die if everything goes good :)

First off all, if they are both UD you have no chance. But even if they arent chances are you will lose.
They will try to sap the wl and open on the priest. Priest will of course trinket first long kidney, fear and PS, hot, shield, pom. However, the rogues will be back on the priest DPSing. WL will get blind which he trinkets. Second blind directly after trinket will tick through. Then one of the rogues will keep an eye on WL. Depending on positioning, he might switch to him. Kick fear, back to priest (if still alive). GG
(In short again: Priest wont cast anything the whole game except some Instas. WL is CCed, fear is prevented. Priest wont recover with still at least one rogue on him at 20%)

Rogue/sp shouldnt be hard with good communication, priest LOS the sp as much as possible and lock should fear rogue and priest when possible, lock focus dmg on rogue and he should die pretty fast, if one of u get's feared the other should dispell him asap, so lock has to save his dispell only for dispelling his priest.

A good sp+rogue team is a VERY different experience compared to bad ones. They will sap WL and open up on priest. If that happens, it is almost over already. Dots, dispell spam and rogue on priest, CC on the WL.

In both matchup u should spam every global cooldown u have and power infusion + holy nova spam in critical situations

PS: its useful to have a lock with 1300-1400 spell dmg and priest play very offensive when possible

I am not a fan of holy nova, particularly not of spamming it. But I will sign the rest of course ;-)

There was another post above stating fm+rogue and wl+rogue as counters. Thats not the case imho ;)
(Vs fm+rogue it is important to use sw:d and pet dispell against priest sheeps. Critical only if this doesnt work and the priest gets a long sheep. A way to force that for the fm+rogue team is to stack frost effects on priest before sheeping him ...)

Edited by Asmodean, 27 August 2008 - 07:57 AM.

#46 Eletax

Eletax
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

Wow warr+druids must be bad on ur bg, here druids heal as soon as warr engages, and he avoids almost all fears, and the warrior kills the priest within few mins..

#47 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

oh man

#48 Aeger

Aeger
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

Wow warr+druids must be bad on ur bg, here druids heal as soon as warr engages, and he avoids almost all fears, and the warrior kills the priest within few mins..

hmm if the warrior is on the priest it's even easier, just keep ur hp to the max and let the warrior stay out of LOS of the druid and spam dispel on him while keeping ur hp as high as possible (practice in duel with a warrior if u can't keep urself up til ur oom), druid has to come over to heal, lock has time to cc druid (this ain't that hard lol just use some timers), warrior dies in 5 sec if druid's noob or else he dies within 2 fears and priest still lives with 60+% hp

and Asmodean with better positioning and communication it shouldn't be that hard vs those dps setups, when lock get's sapped priest run big circles on mount and sap is on dr, most of the times just try to get in combat or find the rogue with paranoia on, hellfire and holy nova rank 1

Edited by Aeger, 27 August 2008 - 10:57 PM.

#49 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

All druids have to do is keep hots up along with stay max range, they can heal from 40 yards away while a warlocks fear is 20 yards.

If the warrior is smart he can easily just intercept to the warlock and start dpsing him while the priest is still pressured to heal.

I see a very defensive warrior/druid beating this combo almost all the time as the priest will always be burning mana faster then the druid.

#50 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I am not a fan of holy nova, particularly not of spamming it.

That's why you lose to double rogue.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#51 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

That's why you lose to double rogue.

ROFL. Using Nova to maybe find a rogue is ok, but spamming it in fight as offensive spell in this MU is just ridiculous. Come on, how many actions do you have as a priest with two rogues on you? I will rather use every global cooldown to stay alive a bit longer and give my WL the chance to actually get into the fight than killing myself with using the little number of casts I have to do a little dmg on the rogues. lol...

#52 Aeger

Aeger
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

ROFL. Using Nova to maybe find a rogue is ok, but spamming it in fight as offensive spell in this MU is just ridiculous. Come on, how many actions do you have as a priest with two rogues on you? I will rather use every global cooldown to stay alive a bit longer and give my WL the chance to actually get into the fight than killing myself with using the little number of casts I have to do a little dmg on the rogues. lol...

well holy nova is pretty good dmg + HEAL, since u can't cast anything just spam it BETWEEN ur timers (renew, pom, shield) ain't that hard i guess?

#53 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Imo thats bullshit. So we have to agree to disagree..

#54 Jroy

Jroy
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Personally I've never lost to a :priest::warlock: on Nightfall. Yet I play :druid::hunter: and :warlock::druid: which are kind of their counter.

All we ever do is CC the crap out of the Lock and Kill/Drain priest and its GG. Keep spread out to not get fear bombed and cancel as many lock fears as possible.

#55 Fellord

Fellord
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

well this thread, is dead. This combo need perfect play, not as dominant as guy open this threat say, Druid is still OP arena 2s. If both know how to play same skill, Druid sers OP

Hunter also Priest killer, Priest OOM the way too fast, wether he goes Burst damage or healing

also, very good Warrior/Shaman is not easy to beat, if they both like run defensive, to get healed full

#56 Healary

Healary
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Un'Goro
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

maybe it's not "dominant" but very viable.

Hunters are hard as mentioned before. You have to succeed with the early burst tactic cause you can't outlast them.

Shaman Warri should be easy anyway. If they go defensive - fear an burn. As soon as NS is used the Shaman should have a hard time, healing through all that dots with tongues and a priest (with half a brain), chasing him and destroying tremour and WF totems.

Me and my mate haven't played for 2 weeks now since we're saving our rating to buy weapons. But hitting 2050 was like a walk in the park with the strats and tips provided here. I actually startet playing this comp just because of this thread, so... thanks for it ;)

#57 Azgoroth

Azgoroth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Deathwing
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

if you think you can stop a warlock/druid from flat summoning till one of them dies you're deluded.

#58 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

maybe it's not "dominant" but very viable.

True.

However, its an uphill fight vs. most of the current top combos. Only the grade of the hill is different ;-).

More precisely you have an disadvantage vs. Druid+Rogue/WL/Warri/Hunter and Priest+Rogue/Hunter aaand Rogue+Rogue. Depending on combo, map and equip (particularly PvE Gear on restos or rogues) the disadvantage gets HUUUGE)

You might have a slight adavantage vs Rogue+FM/WL. If they know about certain things to consider I am, however, not really sure who has the advantage here. (One such thing is the mage stacking some frost effects on the priest before sheeping. Chances are the WLs pet dispells one of those effects instead of sheep. This leaves the priest in a full duration sheep (if he didnt hit the first sheep with sw:d). Thats easily enough to turn the tides..)

You have an advantage vs Warri+Pala/Sham. (In case of the latter, RNG may solve for the warri team.)

#59 Abret

Abret
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

Aeger, there is only one :warrior::druid: on our BG that knows how to fight :priest::warlock:, Nexxion and Progameinc. They beat us 6-2, we've never lost to any other team except for when we made major fuckups. Druid pops out at 90%, max range + dodges all fears, warr intervened at 60% and dpsed pet, the intercepted back on WL when he had hots. Kept me in combat at all times, and eventually I ran oom while their druid still had 2-3k.

:priest::warlock: doesn't have many hard counters that's true. :druid::rogue: is the only one I can think of, double UD :rogue::rogue: and double UD :rogue:S:priest: are hard. :rogue:D:priest: is 50/50 with the right strat, :priest::hunter: is easy imo, full dps + pet + dispelspam on hunter, cot + silence on priest, we kill hunter before he has oomed me. :druid::warlock:, we win 80% cause I got lurker trinket (earring). Never fought a really good :hunter::druid: though, can imagine them being very hard though. GOOD :druid::warrior: is hard, bad ones are freewin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<