Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

hm, so you mainly use a voidstar as your main trinket?

I have the option between void and skull and interchange em sometimes.

What are your thoughts on skull?

#22 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

I've always thought this comp. was such a darkhorse. I'm glad people are finally recognizing it. Nice post.

#23 Baneman

Baneman
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

never had a lot of problems with this team as hunter/dsdruid or lock/dsdruid. just spam lifeblooms and manage the pet well enough so we aren't forced into a bad position.

#24 Keggy

Keggy
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Can paladin/warlock ever beat priest/warlock at decent ratings?

I faced a pretty decent team last night and went 1-4... I have some of the best gear available (4 pieces S3 or S4, 2 piece T6 with BT/Sunwell fillers for other pieces) and we try to drain the priest. Eventually though he'll get a fear on me even with CoE up and manage to get some burns off. We try to keep the pet off the priest so he doesn't get feared as well and can devour mine then lock the priest down but that seldom seems to work before I eat at least 2 burns. What the heck else can we do? Kill 2 pets?

#25 Laiser

Laiser
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Can paladin/warlock ever beat priest/warlock at decent ratings?

I faced a pretty decent team last night and went 1-4... I have some of the best gear available (4 pieces S3 or S4, 2 piece T6 with BT/Sunwell fillers for other pieces) and we try to drain the priest. Eventually though he'll get a fear on me even with CoE up and manage to get some burns off. We try to keep the pet off the priest so he doesn't get feared as well and can devour mine then lock the priest down but that seldom seems to work before I eat at least 2 burns. What the heck else can we do? Kill 2 pets?

Reroll

Thats about your only option... I don't think a team with a disc priest can legit lose to a paladin team.
Posted Image

Formerly Laiser, The paladin.

#26 Tahaa

Tahaa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eitrigg
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

Priest/hunter is annoying ~~ Getting caught in a trap with drains all over your face sucks bigtime :o

#27 Eletax

Eletax
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

´make a video plz! <3

#28 Misted

Misted
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:25 AM

I'm impressed, I'd love to see this video so I can learn how to counter comp and then destroy this team, this team is so hard to beat... Even at a shitty sub 1700 rating people playing this are just abusing fear. There is always a loophole, no comp is dominant. Post a video please.
simonfra1234, on 17 August 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:
at least i didnt name it to something retarded like african niggerbigcock stay smashed cleave

#29 Abeyance

Abeyance
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:43 AM

I'm impressed, I'd love to see this video so I can learn how to counter comp and then destroy this team, this team is so hard to beat... Even at a shitty sub 1700 rating people playing this are just abusing fear. There is always a loophole, no comp is dominant. Post a video please.

How do you abuse fear?

#30 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:49 AM

My name is Cursewtfownd, also known as Curseomgownt.

I hold #7 :priest::warlock: in Bloodlust 2v2 at 2,322 with a 69-3-3 DC's record.

I hold #4 :warlock::druid: in Ruin 2v2 at 2,301.

I am the highest Priest/Warlock 2v2 in the world, and the only one that has REMOTELY a 80%+ win/losss ratio.

I've traditionally played Warlock/Healer since the arenas were released - which was usually a druid.

But, the beginning of this season marked the first time that I tried with a priest. The great "Burton" was my partner in crime for this killing spree.

I'm posting to finally break the secret about Priest/Warlock being THE best composition across the board vs any team in the 2v2 bracket.

It is the FAIL SAFE composition against any double DPS team minus the occasional Double Undead Rogue (which is rare).

The trick with the composition is that you do not play it like a survival match. Play it like a "hybrid" Shadowpriest/Warlock. Your priest needs to put constant pressure on with his own damage, all the while managing manaburns, fear locking and shadowword deathing CC.

The composition destroys any direct healer - Shamans/Paladins (with the exception of pve geared paladins who resist spell lock for an 9k health).

With Druid/War, it's all about surprise. Warrior gets to 60%, your priest Powerinfusions you, then you both dps (mindblast+SWD) + a silence on the druid.... the war will most likely be forced into defensive stance, leaving the druid open to be feared.

All Double DPS: Manage silences on direct damage, dispell on your priest and you win 99% ofthe time.

Priest/Rogue: Easy. Keep felhunter on rogue dispelling, dps rogue, cot+fearlock+manaburn+silence priest while your priest aids dps and it's over.

Druid/Rogue is the ONLY tough composition. It can be countered 100% of the time on BEA with mind controlling rogue off bridge. On other maps it takes full fears and multidotting with some occasional burst on rogue.

Instead of going over every single aspect vs different compositions, I am willing to answer them in the following posts.

-TJM (Curse)

lol stamina gems?
ツ シ

#31 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

Reroll

Thats about your only option... I don't think a team with a disc priest can legit lose to a paladin team.

Paladin/Warrior can beat Priest/Rogue easily if played right. Paladin/Lock has a harder time, but it's definitely doable.
Posted Image

#32 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

This comp has always seemed fairly decent to me in concept, and I have always been surprised to never really see it gain much popularity or attention. Can't imagine fighting druid/rogue would be much fun though :3

#33 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Wl+Priest once has been one of the most popular setups. Through s1-s4 popularity dropped continually as it became harder and harder to play. As of now, it is far away from the top 6 combos.
Still, under certain circumstances (Weak RP, Luck, Q-dodging, Skill, whatever..) you can play it to top ratings. But it is (in my opinion) by now means a top combo anymore. It is an uphill battle vs almost each of the current top combos.
What makes the combo still ok, however, is the fact that there are not soo many real hard counters (resto+rogue, 2 rogues, rogue+sp and some map/equip dependent MUs as for instance NE-Resto+WL on Blades Edge or T6 Resto+WL or UD Priest+ UD PvE rogue ..).
On the other hand, the current top combos have no hard counter at all...

#34 Durxa

Durxa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

lolpewpew, it appears to be working for him eh..

In america there would be a gigantic shitstorm over something like that

shape up, england, it's time to get out of the middle ages

^on the Royal Family and how they are bleeding the taxpayers dry!

#35 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

notice the question mark after my sentence
ツ シ

#36 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

On the other hand, the current top combos have no hard counter at all...

if you're talking about druid/rogue, sure.

But for warlock/druid, warrior/druid, mage/rogue, priest/rogue, or shaman/warrior, this is not true.

#37 girls

girls
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

nvm

Edited by girls, 26 August 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#38 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

if you're talking about druid/rogue, sure.

But for warlock/druid, warrior/druid, mage/rogue, priest/rogue, or shaman/warrior, this is not true.

I am talking about druid+rogue and to a lesser extend about drui+wl and drui+warr.
The worst "counter" for drui+rogue might be 60% (whatever it is..), for drui+wl 75% (since the undisp. fel armor this is not priest+rogue but rather druid/warr+rogue), and, for druid+warr 80% (fm/wl/sp+rogue). I only consider combos which actually occur on higher ratings.

The values are of course just guesses and I dont want to start a discussion about what is the hardest MU for a certain combo and how the chances exactly look like. I just want to point out that there is no > 90% counter for resto teams (what I meant by "hard counter" in my above post).

#39 Aeger

Aeger
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

Only hard counters for :priest::warlock: are :druid::warlock:, :druid::rogue: and a good :hunter::priest: can be hard too.
Vs other setups its 95% win, and :druid::warrior: is a free win even when played perfectly imo
2 weeks ago rank 3 but -30 rating vs every of those counters with half a brain isn't fun anymore...

Edited by Aeger, 26 August 2008 - 03:43 PM.

#40 Eletax

Eletax
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

lol warrior druid was the only setup i lost 95% of the games to when i played lock+priest, seemed alot harder than rogue+druid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<