#1 Cursewtfownd

Cursewtfownd
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

My name is Cursewtfownd, also known as Curseomgownt.

I hold #7 :priest::warlock: in Bloodlust 2v2 at 2,322 with a 69-3-3 DC's record.

I hold #4 :warlock::druid: in Ruin 2v2 at 2,301.

I am the highest Priest/Warlock 2v2 in the world, and the only one that has REMOTELY a 80%+ win/losss ratio.

I've traditionally played Warlock/Healer since the arenas were released - which was usually a druid.

But, the beginning of this season marked the first time that I tried with a priest. The great "Burton" was my partner in crime for this killing spree.

I'm posting to finally break the secret about Priest/Warlock being THE best composition across the board vs any team in the 2v2 bracket.

It is the FAIL SAFE composition against any double DPS team minus the occasional Double Undead Rogue (which is rare).

The trick with the composition is that you do not play it like a survival match. Play it like a "hybrid" Shadowpriest/Warlock. Your priest needs to put constant pressure on with his own damage, all the while managing manaburns, fear locking and shadowword deathing CC.

The composition destroys any direct healer - Shamans/Paladins (with the exception of pve geared paladins who resist spell lock for an 9k health).

With Druid/War, it's all about surprise. Warrior gets to 60%, your priest Powerinfusions you, then you both dps (mindblast+SWD) + a silence on the druid.... the war will most likely be forced into defensive stance, leaving the druid open to be feared.

All Double DPS: Manage silences on direct damage, dispell on your priest and you win 99% ofthe time.

Priest/Rogue: Easy. Keep felhunter on rogue dispelling, dps rogue, cot+fearlock+manaburn+silence priest while your priest aids dps and it's over.

Druid/Rogue is the ONLY tough composition. It can be countered 100% of the time on BEA with mind controlling rogue off bridge. On other maps it takes full fears and multidotting with some occasional burst on rogue.

Instead of going over every single aspect vs different compositions, I am willing to answer them in the following posts.

-TJM (Curse)

#2 Thoranous

Thoranous
  • Junkies

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I play this comp on my priest. Have you ever had PvP geared rogues dpsing your priest while their priest keeps dispelling your priest keeping all hots off? How do you kill the rogue before they kill the priest?

This is at 2200+ with full S4 + some pve gear.

Edited by Thoranous, 21 August 2008 - 11:22 PM.

#3 Laiser

Laiser
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hey I've been running this comp

We get absolutely SHIT on by good hunter/druid, we also have certain problems with spriest/rogue if the spriest gets a good opening on me.

Other than that its my favorite comp, its fun and exciting games.
Posted Image

Formerly Laiser, The paladin.

#4 Maty

Maty
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Malygos
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

Druid/Rogue is absolute fail.

Not exactly sure how you beat it, but it seems as if 99% of our losses are to it.

Also, I noticed your priest is partial Shadow, how is that working for you? Would you prefer Disc/Holy over it?
S2 Lock/Hunter - 1793 Challenger
S3 Lock/Rogue - 2269 Duelist Lost Glad due to Counters.

Remember Yesterday, Think About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

#5 Thoranous

Thoranous
  • Junkies

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

Also forgot to mention 1 thing. How do you beat a good Rogue Shadow priest? If they get on your priest it's over, there is no way you can get a rogue locked down that vanishes your fear then cloaks then vanishes the next only to have a trinket up

#6 Faenella

Faenella
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

I hate fighting most anything with a resto druid on the other team, and dreamstate make me cry. I'm 1930 atm and most our rating income is off of rogue mages.

Druid/lock we have to seriously outplay for us to beat them, and dreamstate makes it even harder because we have to outburst them.

Druid/warr or druid/rogue we can win if they go on my priest and I get powerinfused, but if they sit on me, we just get whittled away. Druid max ranging or keeping priest in combat, keeping up lifeblooms.

ds/hunter was a pain because if the hunter had mana, he could deeps my pet hard, but if i'm busy keeping the hunter drained, then I can't really keep any mana pressure on the druid. Hunter slips in fd/drinks. felhunter gets dpsed anytime my druid tries to drink. If I pull out a voidwalker, they setup cc rotations using freeze trap on my druid and kill the void.

I know my priest's gear is alittle underpar but meh. I really hate fighting druid teams. vs DS druids, does your priest do any manaburning, or is it all just dispels and dps?

edit: I'm sl/sl for 2's btw, not ua :). Also, how does your priest's talents into shadow work out?

Edited by Faenella, 21 August 2008 - 11:44 PM.

The air ripens with the odors of the dead and dying.
It smells like...
Victory.

#7 Mickster

Mickster
  • Junkies

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

what do you guys do vs druid\lock?
GAZE AND BE AMAZED

#8 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:39 AM

I've been running a priest/lock since s1, and I find your win ratio quite astonishing. I've only been ever to do that with a DS druid, which is a easymode comp to begin with.

The one question I have is how you manage to maintain a high level of constant wins. I'll find that smart warrior/druid teams will not allow the gib more than once, which I feel that it's almost an impossible win at that point. A smart warrior w/ that will turtles when he nears >60% hp is a brutal fight. What I've ended up doing is trying to have my priest drink, but in the end it still feels like a lackluster strategy. I was wondering how you handled recurring teams that are much more mindful of the gib.

#9 Kriegar

Kriegar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

The win ratio is impressive, we typically stay around 75-80% with priest/lock due to the rise in dru/rog this season.

I've found pretty similar results vs most comps, but dru/rog still boggles me. About 90% of our losses come to dru/rog, and undead rogue makes it seem unbeatable. If you have some footage fraps'd vs the decent 2200+ dru/rogues, I'd love to see it.

#10 Ryphe

Ryphe
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

nice to hear that you can do so good with warlock/priest. Would it work just as good with a normal disc specced priest?

#11 Cursewtfownd

Cursewtfownd
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Druid/Rogue can be tough, BEA it's reasonably easy though.

On BEA, stand on bridge and just fear -> MC dump rogue off side, works wonders.

On every other arena, if the rogue is on your priest you have problems. If he's on you, you win, fear + 2 target dps on rogue and druid and you'll win.

If he's on your Priest, thats where you utalize fear + have your priest pillar hump + coex to buy time for your damage to tick and them doing no damage.

Overall, this fight is actually reasonably easy if they arnt warglaived. Undead does make it a little more difficult.

Shadowpriest/Rogue is only difficult if they are both undead. Get them to box up in an area of the map, make sure fear bombs hit both, then fear priest. + hard DPS on rogue, silence / cot on Priest.

Warlock/Druid is ONLY tough if they drag the match out. To do this, they HAVE to have a void star talisman otherwise the druid is always under pressure to come heal the pet. If you have Voidstar and they dont, you sually win the match. If the tables are reversed, they do.

-TJM

#12 Kriegar

Kriegar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

I tinkered around with the hybrid trispec yesterday, and it definitely makes druid comps much easier. We haven't played any really good dru/rog teams yet, but the ones around 2100 seemed much easier with flay/blackout.

#13 wessan

wessan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

wasnt really alot of "secrets" to the comp, just the obvious "what to do" things.

#14 Roldrethus

Roldrethus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 1271

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

Hrm. I have a question. Why are you gemmed so heavily for stamina?

#15 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

i'm quite impressed that curse is still not in an insane asylum
Posted Image

#16 Eletax

Eletax
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

could u plz make some video clips, i would esp like to see warr+druid. When i played priest+lock it seemed like the hardest setup for us.

#17 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

make a detailed video instead, and reroll ally EU and play with my priest.

#18 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Hm, your strats sound to be the same as ours. We, however, have a hard time with all those resto teams. I wonder if the shadow spec of your priest is helpful in this regard?

#19 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

Hm, your strats sound to be the same as ours. We, however, have a hard time with all those resto teams. I wonder if the shadow spec of your priest is helpful in this regard?

If he didn't make it clear enough from the OP: he's legitimately insane. He will claim whatever comp/class he's playing is "the best", and the next day use his comp or class as an excuse for losing. It's awesome.
Posted Image

#20 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Played this S2/3 to top 10, lot of fun but lost interest after the PI change. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<